• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKO View Post
    love it jess
    Thanks!

a few more caps...

such a gentleman here

oops, there they go... the wonder twins touching things!

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
      He put his hand on Sam's bum, the look on Daniel's face was so funny. And poor Danny goes to shake his hand bu the's so rude he doesn't bother.
      Yep, McKay was so rude in that ep... heheh, here are the caps from that scene...

Agreed. I like it better that way, the little things that you take that way if you want to is just the way I like it unless they where actully going to go through with the romance and have them date. I wish in season 10 we go to see more of the friendship. We saw small bits but not enough IMO
      Same here. I wish we'd get more although after reading AT's interview I'm not too optimistic: http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ooking_f.shtml

It's nice to know that she misses the Sam and Daniel interaction, that she liked the friendship, but it doesn't sound like there's really anything in the rest of S10, especially in the final episode. As callous as this may sound it almost makes me glad the show is ending (*dodges pointy objects*).

So you think it's wloth watching? I've only met people who started with the movie then went onto tv show.
      I think so, even if just for the novelty of seeing how the whole idea started. It's fun sometimes to pick out the differences between the movie and the show, as well as some of the things that were carried into the show (the guys who played Kasuf and Skaara were also in the film).

I felt bad for Same. I think they would have hugged if he had remembered. I read somewhere that MS said they flimed a scene with Sam upset Daniel never same to visit her while he was asended(sp) and he told her she didn't need her. And they kind a had a momnet. I wish that had made it to the screen I always felt Sam would be more then a little upset Daniel didn't come to vist her with how upset she was with his death.
      I remember reading something about that too. Even if it didn't make it to screen I would have liked to see it as a deleted scene on the dvds. I know some fanfics sort of deal with that, Sam telling Daniel how she was upset that he didn't visit her.

They look so cute together Brilliant job
      Thanks, glad you like it

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
        Hey all - the bachlorette party was ok... me and my friend left early and ended up at her place watching late night TV. so Ya... no fun SG stuff this weekend

BUT I have made icons in the past for the LJ Icon challenges I have been sucked into... so here are a few S/D ones

(I lie... how about the Sam/McKay hand on bum shot? It didn't win)
        http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...rterMcKay3.jpg
        (Sam and Daniel meeting in Fallen. The words say: "Try to hide your hand" - it didn't win)
        http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...HandDaniel.jpg

odd... I thought I had more. I have a Daniel one but that is still in a contest... so can't show ya. sorry. I try to do S/D centric ones when i can.. I know I had an idea for one, but never had the time. so that could be what I am thinking of when I think i had more...

Anyway... hope everyone's day is going well!
        Well... glad it was okay at least

*pouts* It's bad enough there won't be any S/D moments in the rest of S10 - and now you lie about having S/D icons Wow, today is not a good day for S/D, is it?

lol, I'm just messin' around I like them both, especially the Fallen avatar - I think it should've won... at least you have time to do the challenges, I can't even finish my fics

Day is going okay here... it's a dreary, rainy day up here... just perfect but at least things aren't going bad at work.

Comment

who said I had TIME for the challenges?? LOL - I missed this last round for the "hush" LJ cause this weekend just flew by with messing around with podcast equipment (which is still iffy in it's workings) and then yesterday my friends entertained me all afternoon... the subject happened to be Teal'c, and I finished 3 of them for the challege, but never got home in time to post em. If it get's late here at work I may do a few basic icons.. or if the fic bunnies stop biting....
          Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

ok here are some single Sam Daniel icons...

LOL - thanks Jess... you should see some of the other entries.... I have one only twice - and they are both SGA icons...

Spoiler:

Comment

I just finished reading the interview gateworld.net had with Amanda Tapping. She said that she wished for interactions between Daniel and Sam.

AT:I would have liked to have seen, to be honest, more interaction between Daniel and Sam in the last few seasons. I missed him. Sam missed Daniel in the last few seasons. Especially Season Ten was very much about Daniel and Vala. I missed Daniel.

AT: Yeah. When we did at the end of Season Eight -- "Moebius." When we did that we had so much fun playing together and doing those geeky, goofy takes on our characters. And so I lament that. I wish that here had been more scenes between Sam and Daniel.

Source of interview.

Comment

I love the caps and icons I only have a few s/d icons and they might be onces I found on this thread should I post them anyway?

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                Same here. I wish we'd get more although after reading AT's interview I'm not too optimistic: http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ooking_f.shtml

It's nice to know that she misses the Sam and Daniel interaction, that she liked the friendship, but it doesn't sound like there's really anything in the rest of S10, especially in the final episode. As callous as this may sound it almost makes me glad the show is ending (*dodges pointy objects*).
                I've read that too, it makes me sad I was hoping we'd get more Daniel/Sam scenes before the show ends but I guess we not going to get that

Agreed it's nice to know she misses the interaction and liked the friendship. It's good we get a Teal'c/Sam monmet but I want a that kidn of thing between all the characters in the movies just incase that all we ever get.

I'm still hoping we'll get more scenes for them in the movies. I was hoping we'd get something meanful in major spoiler warning
                Spoiler:
                The Shroud but I think it'll be more Jack/Daniel and Daniel/Vala

As callous as this may sound it almost makes me glad the show is ending (*dodges pointy objects*).
                Blasphemy! I'm still upset the show is ending and wish it was still going but I am pleased we getting two movies and will luck more.

I think so, even if just for the novelty of seeing how the whole idea started. It's fun sometimes to pick out the differences between the movie and the show, as well as some of the things that were carried into the show (the guys who played Kasuf and Skaara were also in the film).
                That's really cool

I remember reading something about that too. Even if it didn't make it to screen I would have liked to see it as a deleted scene on the dvds. I know some fanfics sort of deal with that, Sam telling Daniel how she was upset that he didn't visit her.
                Do the DVDs have many deleted scenes cause it seems like all the DVDs don't have the ones I want to see. Really? I'm going to have to go look for those fanfics, I'm still reading my way through the links you gave me
                Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
                  No prob... some nice pretties there I found some sad quotes on friendship that I was thinking of using for a wallpaper - that sort of was inspired by the AT interview... not that I want to bring everyone down - but I get inspired in the weirdest ways sometimes

New cap... from shortly after the McKay-touching-Sam moment...

Last edited by JessM; 08 January 2007, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower View Post
                    I just finished reading the interview gateworld.net had with Amanda Tapping. She said that she wished for interactions between Daniel and Sam.

AT:I would have liked to have seen, to be honest, more interaction between Daniel and Sam in the last few seasons. I missed him. Sam missed Daniel in the last few seasons. Especially Season Ten was very much about Daniel and Vala. I missed Daniel.

AT: Yeah. When we did at the end of Season Eight -- "Moebius." When we did that we had so much fun playing together and doing those geeky, goofy takes on our characters. And so I lament that. I wish that here had been more scenes between Sam and Daniel.

Source of interview.
                    Yup, it's nice to know that she misses it and would've liked to see more... but still makes me a bit sad that no one is interested in portraying their friendship anymore.

Comment

I love the caps and icons I only have a few s/d icons and they might be onces I found on this thread should I post them anyway?
                      Sure, please do! If anything it'll cheer me up after reading that interview

I've read that too, it makes me sad I was hoping we'd get more Daniel/Sam scenes before the show ends but I guess we not going to get that

Agreed it's nice to know she misses the interaction and liked the friendship. It's good we get a Teal'c/Sam monmet but I want a that kidn of thing between all the characters in the movies just incase that all we ever get.

I'm still hoping we'll get more scenes for them in the movies. I was hoping we'd get something meanful in major spoiler warning
                      Spoiler:
                      The Shroud but I think it'll be more Jack/Daniel and Daniel/Vala
                      Yeah as I just said it saddens me that no one's interested in portraying their friendship anymore. I guess we're only supposed to assume that Sam will remain friends only with Teal'c and the rest will go their separate ways from her without even a goodbye - especially Daniel. Sorry, being too pessimistic

As for the spoiler...I think you're probably right. I'm glad to see more Jack/Daniel as it's something I've been missing but IMHO there has been way too much Daniel/Vala pairing up... in like every single ep practically. I realize not many people feel this way but it's just a little pet peeve of mine. I really hope we do get something in the movies... I even feel tempted to get a petition started but it probably wont do any good.

Blasphemy! I'm still upset the show is ending and wish it was still going but I am pleased we getting two movies and will luck more.
                      Sorry! But I did say "ALMOST makes me glad"... I guess the Sam/Daniel interaction just means way too much to me. I mean it's not the only reason I watch the show but it's a big reason. Without it, it makes me think Daniel doesn't want to be her friend anymore or something... and I really hope there is something in the final episode that hints at them at least remaining friends, otherwise I'll be so upset.

That's really cool
                      Yup it is, and you can tell how MS copied a lot of James Spader's mannerisms in the early days of the show too.

Do the DVDs have many deleted scenes cause it seems like all the DVDs don't have the ones I want to see. Really? I'm going to have to go look for those fanfics, I'm still reading my way through the links you gave me
                      I don't think they do.. actually I don't think I've seen any deleted scenes on my dvd's. Only ones I've seen were on SciFi's website (there are some I believe for S7 and S8). I wish I could remember some of those fanfics. There is one on my site that's called "Hello." I think it touches on that but I don't remember for certain... Anyway hope you like them

And sorry I've made such a big deal of the lack of friendship - just seems that lately I'm the only one who cares about it and it's taken away a big reason for watching the show for me. I guess I shouldn't let it bother me so much though.

Comment

Sure, please do! If anything it'll cheer me up after reading that interview
                        #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Credit:
                        #1 thewayofslash | #2 carpenyx | #3 & #4 spacemonkeyluvn | #5 gaterunner

okay I have way more then I thoguht I'll post more over the next few days. I' a bad fan I can't remember where that hug is from. Season 7? what episode?

Yeah as I just said it saddens me that no one's interested in portraying their friendship anymore. I guess we're only supposed to assume that Sam will remain friends only with Teal'c and the rest will go their separate ways from her without even a goodbye - especially Daniel. Sorry, being too pessimistic
                        I try to keep reminding myself of 2010 when they remained close after SG1 went on their own paths. At least I got the feeling Sam and Daniel stayed closer then the others did. I want to look at the days after SG1 in that way. It still sadness me to think Jack doesn't get to spent as much time with the term, the impession I got is unless they see him onscreen they don't see him at all. On a brighter note I can see Cam keeping everyone as close as he can. I mean he did get the band back together and does thigns like term movie night. But still I want Daniel and Sam to stay close, as well as Teal'c. I'm hoping we'll get a goodbye in the movies whatever the last movie is. Man I'm putting so much hopes and dreams on these movies I just know I'm not going to get everythign I want.

Just a little pessimistic lol. No worrys

As for the spoiler...I think you're probably right. I'm glad to see more Jack/Daniel as it's something I've been missing but IMHO there has been way too much Daniel/Vala pairing up... in like every single ep practically. I realize not many people feel this way but it's just a little pet peeve of mine. I really hope we do get something in the movies... I even feel tempted to get a petition started but it probably wont do any good.
                        I know what you mean. Jack and Daniel had brilliant friendship that was just beautiful. I've been missing that feel even though in season 8 the scenes where few and far between compared to the way it use to be. And since [as I've whinned about in other threads] the lack of male friendship being shown with Daniel it makes it worse. I love Daniel and Vala but they are too haeavy pairred at times. Which is why I love the Quest so much. The writers love Daniel and Vala paired together becuase they are mazing togtehr but the writters aren't leting either character be paired with anyone else so we don't get to see how amazing other are together.

Depending how you word it you could get a lot of people to sign it I'm not sure what good any petitions do but they can't hurt IMO.

Sorry! But I did say "ALMOST makes me glad"... I guess the Sam/Daniel interaction just means way too much to me. I mean it's not the only reason I watch the show but it's a big reason. Without it, it makes me think Daniel doesn't want to be her friend anymore or something... and I really hope there is something in the final episode that hints at them at least remaining friends, otherwise I'll be so upset.
                        I was just joking It means a lot to me too and I in the same boat. I love the whole term, I don't watch for one character or one ship so I want to see the whole term interact together more. The only big difference is I don't get the feeling that he doesn't want to be her friend anymore and think they'll be friends till hte day they die. They are after all the wonder twins sperated at birth

Yup it is, and you can tell how MS copied a lot of James Spader's mannerisms in the early days of the show too.
                        All the geek goodness?

I don't think they do.. actually I don't think I've seen any deleted scenes on my dvd's. Only ones I've seen were on SciFi's website (there are some I believe for S7 and S8). I wish I could remember some of those fanfics. There is one on my site that's called "Hello." I think it touches on that but I don't remember for certain... Anyway hope you like them

And sorry I've made such a big deal of the lack of friendship - just seems that lately I'm the only one who cares about it and it's taken away a big reason for watching the show for me. I guess I shouldn't let it bother me so much though.
                        Really? I wish I had fast internet I can't veiw them online Maybe one day...

I'll check it out. Right now I'm reading one about V-Day Set in season 9

You have nothing to be sorry for one of your favorite relationships on the show isn't being pushed to the side. You won't be much of a fan of the two togehter if you where upset by this.
                        Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

To
                          All Gaters within journeying distance of London

you are cordially invited to visit the

The End is Nigh thread

for information regarding the
                          GateWorld Last Episode Party

in Central London
                          on 13th March 2007

Please tell a friend!

Madeleine

Comment

The hug is from S4's FIAD.... awesome ep. Lovely icons!!! I have an extra long lunch due to a funeral and the office is closing for it... I will try to make a few more icons...

Spoiler:

Comment

Credit:
                              #1 thewayofslash | #2 carpenyx | #3 & #4 spacemonkeyluvn | #5 gaterunner

okay I have way more then I thoguht I'll post more over the next few days. I' a bad fan I can't remember where that hug is from. Season 7? what episode?
                              Thanks so much I love them all, esp. #3 - it's so cute! And of course the "think you're an idiot" icon, lol... The hug in the last icon? That's from Forever In a Day (season 3). That was a sweet moment.

I try to keep reminding myself of 2010 when they remained close after SG1 went on their own paths. At least I got the feeling Sam and Daniel stayed closer then the others did. I want to look at the days after SG1 in that way. It still sadness me to think Jack doesn't get to spent as much time with the term, the impession I got is unless they see him onscreen they don't see him at all. On a brighter note I can see Cam keeping everyone as close as he can. I mean he did get the band back together and does thigns like term movie night. But still I want Daniel and Sam to stay close, as well as Teal'c. I'm hoping we'll get a goodbye in the movies whatever the last movie is. Man I'm putting so much hopes and dreams on these movies I just know I'm not going to get everythign I want.

Just a little pessimistic lol. No worrys
                              That is a good point actually... I guess I see the difference in the way TPTB did things between then and now. I like to think that ideally they would remain close after SG-1 disbands. I really like to think that, but I'm just worried about the way TPTB will portray it, that will make us think that they won't be. It makes me sad to think Jack doesn't spend much time with them either. I miss the old team stuff, but I guess you are right that Cam would probably keep everyone close. I do hope that we won't be robbed of a goodbye at all, if not in the final episode, then in the movies.

Thanks!

I know what you mean. Jack and Daniel had brilliant friendship that was just beautiful. I've been missing that feel even though in season 8 the scenes where few and far between compared to the way it use to be. And since [as I've whinned about in other threads] the lack of male friendship being shown with Daniel it makes it worse. I love Daniel and Vala but they are too haeavy pairred at times. Which is why I love the Quest so much. The writers love Daniel and Vala paired together becuase they are mazing togtehr but the writters aren't leting either character be paired with anyone else so we don't get to see how amazing other are together.
                              Yeah, I do miss the Jack/Daniel friendship, and it would be nice to see more Daniel/Teal'c and Daniel/Cam. I've whined in other threads about Vala and Daniel being attached by the hip all the time, and it's good to see them interact more with the team than with each other (a reason why I liked The Quest more too). I know the writers love putting Daniel and Vala together, but I think they're overdoing it a little. It's almost like The Daniel and Vala Show, With These Other People. Okay maybe not that bad but I really want to see more team stuff, especially between Daniel and Sam and Teal'c. Those 3 are the last original members of SG-1 so it would be nice to see something special between them. But from what AT said, looks like it'll only be between Sam and Teal'c. I really hope there'll be something in the movies.

Depending how you word it you could get a lot of people to sign it I'm not sure what good any petitions do but they can't hurt IMO.
                              Yeah I'm trying to figure out how I could word something like that. I sent 2 letters to TPTB already, one last year and another this past summer about the S/D interaction and also about Sam/Daniel/Teal'c. I felt the same about that, that it probably wouldn't do any good but I didn't think it would hurt either.

I was just joking It means a lot to me too and I in the same boat. I love the whole term, I don't watch for one character or one ship so I want to see the whole term interact together more. The only big difference is I don't get the feeling that he doesn't want to be her friend anymore and think they'll be friends till hte day they die. They are after all the wonder twins sperated at birth
                              LOL I know, I was joking in my reply too It's the same with me, even though S/D friendship is a big reason I mainly watch for the whole team. Yeah I guess you are right. I shouldn't let it bother me so much... I guess I operate under the notion that if we don't see it onscreen it doesn't exist... like I need proof or something, which I guess is stupid.

I just made this wall... sorry about it being depressing but I saw the lyrics somewhere and I kinda thought they fit:

All the geek goodness?
                              Heehee... yup! You know the way Daniel first greets Catherine when she finds him in her house? The way he looks at her and says kindly "Hello!" I thought it was funny how much it was like the time he said "hello" to her the second time he saw her in the movie. It's little things like that that are cool.

Really? I wish I had fast internet I can't veiw them online Maybe one day...
                              Aww that stinks. Yeah, I think it's under SciFi Pulse or something like that. There are deleted scenes and interviews for a lot of the shows there.

I'll check it out. Right now I'm reading one about V-Day Set in season 9
                              Okay, hope you like it

You have nothing to be sorry for one of your favorite relationships on the show isn't being pushed to the side. You won't be much of a fan of the two togehter if you where upset by this.
                              Thanks I guess I just thought everyone was tired of listening to my crazy ramblings, lol. I usually don't obsess over things this much, I just miss the old days and feel bad about how the show has changed. But I'll try not to let it get me down too much.

Comment

Yup, it's nice to know that she misses it and would've liked to see more... but still makes me a bit sad that no one is interested in portraying their friendship anymore.

Agreed. Don't the actors have any influence on the producers of the show? They should at least have some say. Hopefully we'll see some developement in their friendship during the second half of season 10. It'll be hard for that to happen, I think, because MS will be missing two episodes, and AT will be missing one. That's 3 episodes with no Daniel and Sam in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X