Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beakymoose
    I was watching last night's episode (Momento Mori), and I had some thoughts that I thought I would share to cheer everyone up.

Okay, so at first glance, it did seem like tptb were tryiing to shove d/v on us. But I realized something as I was watching. Daniel is the type of person who would want to make everyone feel like they belonged, even if that person is Vala. He would do it for anyone. I think that he was thankful that she had behaved herself and really made an effort to "be good," whether or not it was only because he'd voiched for her to Landry.

Even if you don't really like Vala all that much (personally, I do like her, just not the d/v shippiness), you have to admit that she has changed and tried to become a better person. I think she feels very responsible for Adria and what she's doing. I think that more than anyone else, Daniel understands her on a level that no one else has really seen. That, of course, isn't to say that he and Sam are growing apart. I think at this point, there is a lot going on at the SGC, with the impending Ori invasion and all.

I don't know how anyone else took the last part of the episode, but I think that the look Sam gave Daniel was very important--as if there was something between her and Daniel. I thought it was very cute.

Perhaps more than ever, after this episode, I am still very much a Sam/Daniel shipper. No matter what. Period. End of story. I don't think Daniel could ever see Vala in the same light/in the same way that he adores Sam.

Just my thoughts. . .
    Thanks Beaky. It does cheer me up a little... you mean the look after he said
    Spoiler:
    it's not a date? I thought her look was something like "yeah, right"...then again maybe I wasn't paying enough attention...
    I dunno, to me it seems like he is interacting less with Sam and even Teal'c. And I think in the next ep Vala and Daniel will be paired up again. I just wish we could see him paired up with Sam in an ep, you know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel
      I didn't see this post... YES, of course we'd be willing to defend their friendship! There's no way Daniel likes Vala better than Sam, you're right, that is ridiculous. Now, I don't know whether or not being a S/D 'shipper is "justified". If you mean do you still have any reason to be, then sure. As the two above posts say, just because they don't spend all that much time together on-screen, that doesn't mean their friendship is being ignored or dying. This is an interesting example, as I'm not a S/D 'shipper, but it's kind of like a couple who have a strong relationship and have been married for years. Just because they don't show it every second of every day, it doesn't mean they don't love each other just as much as they did when they first got married. In fact, their love for each other could be much stronger than it was before and they know it. They really trust each other, so much that it's to the point were they almost take their bond for granted. Not completely, but enough so that they don't feel like they have to say or do anything because they know their spouse knows they love them. I'm not saying it's definitely the case, but that could be what Daniel and Sam's relationship is like.

Don't get me wrong, though, I agree that they should show their friendship with each other and the rest of the team more often.
      Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess I feel that their interaction is missing the "spark" it used to have... there were cute friendship moments in the past and it makes me sad that tptb seem to be reserving all of that for Daniel and Vala now. He just seems more distant with Sam and Teal'c than he did before. I hope it won't be a trend. I had a new fan tell me she can't understand why I like Sam and Daniel as friends because she doesn't see any evidence of it - it's all Daniel and Vala. I guess I should point her to the old eps then...

Comment

Now, you're making it look like their friendship is completely dead! Some of us still have hope. It's cool, though.

Do you know how many pages back the banners are? I would like to see them.
        Yeah I guess so... I don't know why I seem to get that from watching the latest eps...hope they will give some hint that it's NOT dead in a future ep!

They start around page 83. Hope you like.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
          Yeah I guess so... I don't know why I seem to get that from watching the latest eps...hope they will give some hint that it's NOT dead in a future ep!

They start around page 83. Hope you like.
          Cool, I'll check 'em out.

I posted your quote in the episode thread and I ended up making it a lot longer than I had anticapated. It was three times as long as your original post! I rant too much... but that kinda runs in my family. Anyway, I'm pretty sure TPTB'll get the message if they see it.
          Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

They're all great, but these are my favorite (even though I'm not a 'shipper, I love the "sigh" one! I think it's the way they're both smiling):

sigpic

Comment

I like this pictures from "The Arthur's mantle", specially the last one:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...VD%5F2130.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...VD%5F2131.html

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/9...VD%5F2439.html
              LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT SOMETIMES COMPLICATED

Can you tell me how it used to be?
              Have we changed our hopes for fears and our dreams for plans?

Comment

Cool, I'll check 'em out.

I posted your quote in the episode thread and I ended up making it a lot longer than I had anticapated. It was three times as long as your original post! I rant too much... but that kinda runs in my family. Anyway, I'm pretty sure TPTB'll get the message if they see it.
                Okay, cool. And thanks! LOL that's okay I do that too. As long as they get the message... hopefully they will!

I just want to see some actual evidence that their friendship still exists...I'm probably being too much here but sometimes it's not enough that people say "oh, they are still friends because they've been friends for 9 years and their friendship is canon so they are stil friends"... I need to actually see it.

Maybe I'm just too nutty...

Comment

They're all great, but these are my favorite (even though I'm not a 'shipper, I love the "sigh" one! I think it's the way they're both smiling):

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...ms_at_sigh.png

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...sd_banner3.jpg

Thanks! Yeah I was so glad to actually see another pic of them standing together. There really haven't been many lately.

And the banners aren't supposed to be really shippy, just something to promote the friendship (or the repair of the friendship anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by pinguino_89
                    I do too! That was such a great ep - more like classic SG-1. And Daniel and Sam were so cute together in it. Thanks for posting these, pinguino!

Comment

A few more goodies... first here are the Sam and Daniel from Cold Lazarus smilies... and finally I made a few more icons. Sorry the last one is so depressing..but I thought the pic presented itself for such an icon, sadly...

anyway hope you like the others.

Comment

i LOVED the look Sam gave Daniel. As I told Jess over the weekend - it looked like a totally pissed off Sam look! We need to see more of those! It shows that no matter how hard Daniel was protesting, and everyone else was egging on, Sam still had her own opinion on the matter.

Ah the is there a reason we are S/D shippers (in any form)... can I cut and paste me answer from our last discussion? I think there will be no other 'ship that I feel can be grounded in reality. They are brillent together, they compliment one another and they work at the same lightening speeds of micro processing data like to two peas in a genius pond

Now? Well... we have seen some interaction (and we have dicussed all the moments) but nothing I think that would make any new shippers out of people. I firmly believe that there is still a friendship - look at this way, if we don't talk for a few months, am i no longer your friend? If I only answer your emails sparingly, am I no longer your friend? - just a lot more things are going on to cloud the obvious. The obvious is that they have a long standing relationship (in any form your 'shippy heart desires) and that a newbie like Vala who takes so much time to break in, will not detour that friendship. It may not be seen, but it's there.

err lunch date... will follow up with more afterwards!!

(after lunch edit)

So I guess what I will wrap this rant up with is that they are friends, and we do need to see that on screen - Jess I think you posteds somewhere that it's the scientist in ya that needs the evidence - and ya I have to agree. I know my friends are still my friends although the don't answer my emails, but it warms me up when they do!

I am glad that Sam reacted to Daniel's denial about the "date" and the fact that Vala kept saying it was a "date" - it belayed undercover feelings she is sorting through during the ep. Daniel was concerned for Vala, they were all trying to gather info on her, but I think it took a toll on Sam when Daniel, all said and done, did not make more of an effort to show that it was not a date - ok ok, i know they only have 44 minutes on screen and we fic writers have more time to explain.... but still I think her look was golden and gave us the "behind the scene" tension fodder we all are looking for!

/rant
                        Last edited by rebelwriter03; 11 September 2006, 09:56 AM.
                        Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03
                          Ah the is there a reason we are S/D shippers (in any form)... can I cut and paste me answer from our last discussion? I think there will be no other 'ship that I feel can be grounded in reality. They are brillent together, they compliment one another and they work at the same lightening speeds of micro processing data like to two peas in a genius pond

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...dsBackcopy.jpg
                          I love that! Can I steal it?

Now? Well... we have seen some interaction (and we have dicussed all the moments) but nothing I think that would make any new shippers out of people. I firmly believe that there is still a friendship - look at this way, if we don't talk for a few months, am i no longer your friend? If I only answer your emails sparingly, am I no loger your friend? - just a lot more things are going on to cloud the obvious. The obvious is that they have a long standing relationship (in any form your 'shippy heart desires) and that a newbie like Vala who takes so much time to break in, will not detour that friendship. It may not be seen, but it's there.

err lunch date... will follow up with more afterwards!!
                          That's almost exactly what I said. But still, I agree with Jess in that they should have more on-screen. I don't think I'd care as much if it wasn't for the fact that... THIS IS (most likely) THE LAST SEASON!! They have to show more, not just with Sam and Daniel, but also with Teal'c too! In fact, they need to bring Jack back for more episodes. But, that's for another thread... My point is that they really need give Sam more meaningful screen time with Daniel (and Teal'c), even though I don't think they're losing there friendship. Because, whether or not they both know they're not losing their frendship, we need to feel it! If we don't I still won't believe they've lost anything, but that doesn't mean I don't care about seeing it!!

Give us more S/D time!! .... Please?

sigpic

Comment

Sure, ya can borrow it... goodness that pic was made a long time ago, and was suppose to be a t-shirt design... heheeh... i'm just glad i still had it. I still think it's cute...

Ya, if it is the last season, we do need to see more TEAM, and more Sam... she's become "the other girl" in the show these days... *sniffle* you just want to give her a good Sam-centric story...

Spoiler:

Comment

Hey - MasterPower - what is this weeks choices for best ep?

Spoiler:

Comment

This week we will choose from...

1) Season 2 - Message in a Bottle
                                2) Season 5 - Meridian
                                3) Season 8 - Endgame

Comment

Working...
                                X