Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
    ---

I'm asking myself, if Lantash is still there in "Ripple-Effect".
    Or is it just Martouf?
    I mean, he left the Tok'ra!
    Lantash would still be there, we just didn't get to see him unfortunately. I see what you're saying though. But remember that Teal'c left the Jaffa but still headed the Free Jaffa.

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
    Yes, there must be many others who find Jr attractive, cute, and sexy. I think his 'problem' is that the vast majority of Stargate fans like Jack very much, and often ship Sam/Jack. I know many who simply can't ignore that and are unable to see Martouf/Lantash (and even Jr ) as other than a threat to Jack, thus really not liking him.

I even know someone who has stated that it "destroys" the enjoyment of her favorite (non-Stargate) show when Jr shows up in a role there, because he reminds her of Martouf (Yes, she is a quite rabid Sam/Jack shipper).
    However, I also know someone who saw him in another role and were then able to think of him as other than Martouf and realized that he is a really sexy guy!

...oh, one thing...I actually think the desert hat is cute - I like it (but I'm weird - I know).

-Skadi
    I'm a die-hard Jack/Sam fan, but my first love was Martouf/Sam. The relationships are so totally different!

And here's one of my favourite double-thunks!!

The two most under-appreciated characters!
    Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post

The two most under-appreciated characters!
      Who's the guy on the right? (BTW, I enjoy Sam and Jack together when Martouf's offscreen, 'cause they do have some chemistry, but I don't call myself a shipper because I don't think they'd work together outside the SGC.)

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

WOW! Really nice pics!

I guess the guy on the right is Corin Nemec, isn't he?
        SG1 member Jonas Quinn. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

---

Yes, unfortunately we didn't get to see Lantash.
        But as I said already, I'm pleased, that we did get to see Martouf.
        I'm sure as well, that Lantash didn't leave him.
        I just wanted to know what you girls are thinking!
        sigpic

Comment

WOW! Really nice pics!

I guess the guy on the right is Corin Nemec, isn't he?
          SG1 member Jonas Quinn. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

---

Yes, unfortunately we didn't get to see Lantash.
          But as I said already, I'm pleased, that we did get to see Martouf.
          I'm sure as well, that Lantash didn't leave him.
          I just wanted to know what you girls are thinking!
          Yes, it's Jonas Quinn.

Sun'shyne and MerryK - I'm very happy to hear that there are some people who like Sam and Jack, but who doesn't hate Martouf for it - and actually like him. Hopefully there are a fair amount of you guys, and it is only a relatively small group who actively celebrates his death.

I agree that Lantash is still with Martouf - he would never leave him. I missed him also - I like Lantash even better than Martouf.

-Snotr
          sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
          (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
          Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
            Yes, it's Jonas Quinn.

Sun'shyne and MerryK - I'm very happy to hear that there are some people who like Sam and Jack, but who doesn't hate Martouf for it - and actually like him. Hopefully there are a fair amount of you guys, and it is only a relatively small group who actively celebrates his death.
            OT:
            Spoiler:
            Oh yes, Jonas is so under appreciated. OT, I know, but people call him a copy of Daniel when only a few of his lines/actions would be in character for Daniel. Same with Mitchell/O'Neill. I see myself as a mother hen who takes in under appreciated characters such as these. Like Martouf.

I don't know about shippers out there...I see a lot of dramatic ones, not just S/J, but I have a feeling that most of them are more moderate. It's a good thing Gateworld has protected threads, though, since shipping ends up being dangerous to minor ships.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
              I'm a die-hard Jack/Sam fan, but my first love was Martouf/Sam. The relationships are so totally different!
              Really nice pics, Sun'shyne!

I was a Sam/Jack shipper at first, and didn't ship Sam/Martouf/Lantash until the second time I watched the series, where I really noticed Martouf () and how cute they looked together.
              Jack was my favorite character, up until sometime early fourth season. Unfortunately (to me) he just kept getting more and more intolerant to the Tok'ra (and the Russians), even before Kanan. I just didn't understand his hostility and it started annoying me to the point where I stopped watching Stargate for months.
              I'm still very unhappy with how (I feel) the writers destroyed my favorite character.

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
              OT:
              Spoiler:
              Oh yes, Jonas is so under appreciated. OT, I know, but people call him a copy of Daniel when only a few of his lines/actions would be in character for Daniel. Same with Mitchell/O'Neill. I see myself as a mother hen who takes in under appreciated characters such as these. Like Martouf.

I don't know about shippers out there...I see a lot of dramatic ones, not just S/J, but I have a feeling that most of them are more moderate. It's a good thing Gateworld has protected threads, though, since shipping ends up being dangerous to minor ships.
              Oh, believe me - there are some bad ones out there. I'm VERY grateful for the protected threads on Gateworld. I have posted on other forums before, and I have received some really bad flames and nasty emails (*cries*) for saying that I thought Martouf looked cute and that I think he and Sam is a sweet couple.
              sigpic
              button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

I gave up on making my own smilies (for now, at least), but I found some nice smilies here: http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html

Here are some examples:

Martouf/Lantash smilies

Sam/Jolinar smilies

Rosha/Jolinar smilies

Sam/Martouf and Jolinar/Martouf smilies

No symbiote smilies, but I've mailed and asked if some are coming

-Skadi
                sigpic
                Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Who's the guy on the right? (BTW, I enjoy Sam and Jack together when Martouf's offscreen, 'cause they do have some chemistry, but I don't call myself a shipper because I don't think they'd work together outside the SGC.)
                  It's the ever-lovely Corin Nemec! And ya, I love the chemistry Amanda and JR have. They really are quite hilarious!

OT:
                  Spoiler:

Having never liked the character of Daniel (that stems from the original movie), it was like a light in the dark to have my pretty little Parker Lewis join the cast!!

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
                  Really nice pics, Sun'shyne!

I was a Sam/Jack shipper at first, and didn't ship Sam/Martouf/Lantash until the second time I watched the series, where I really noticed Martouf () and how cute they looked together.
                  Jack was my favorite character, up until sometime early fourth season. Unfortunately (to me) he just kept getting more and more intolerant to the Tok'ra (and the Russians), even before Kanan. I just didn't understand his hostility and it started annoying me to the point where I stopped watching Stargate for months.
                  I'm still very unhappy with how (I feel) the writers destroyed my favorite character.

Oh, believe me - there are some bad ones out there. I'm VERY grateful for the protected threads on Gateworld. I have posted on other forums before, and I have received some really bad flames and nasty emails (*cries*) for saying that I thought Martouf looked cute and that I think he and Sam is a sweet couple.
                  Ya, there are a lot of Martouf haters out there.. but what really gets to me is when people can't see the difference between Martouf and JR. Though I'll admit it that I do that sometimes too... I hated MP's protrayl of Skinner in the X-FIles, and b/c of it I can't stand the character he plays on Atlantis.. lmao...

I gave up on making my own smilies (for now, at least), but I found some nice smilies here: http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html

Here are some examples:

Martouf/Lantash smilies

Sam/Jolinar smilies

-Skadi
                  OOOh!! I love them!!!!!

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Here's another pic I found.. it really cracks me up. I don't know who the other guy is... Thought it was Corin at first because he's wearing a similar shirt, but it's not.... It's in spoiler tags for slashiness and some people don't like that kinda stuff...

Spoiler:
                    Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Oh my goodness.
                      I love these smileys. They're adorable.
                      Maybe I'll use one in my sig!

---

Sun'shyne - I love the pic.
                      Didn't see it for a while. Makes me laugh everytime I see it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Here are some examples:

Martouf/Lantash smilies

Sam/Jolinar smilies

Rosha/Jolinar smilies

-Skadi
                        GREAT!!!LOL! those are lovely!

Oh my goodness.

---

i'd use the pics in my sig, too, but i don't have any more room!

as far as the pic, sure, it's funny, but (no offense meant to anyone) i'm not much into gay-like stuff. sorry.
                        I am NOT slashing these two!!
                        sigpic
                        beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

I adore the smilies I've added some to my sig - I wish there were some Jacob/Selmak/Janet smilies too

-Snotr
                          sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                          (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                          Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                            I adore the smilies I've added some to my sig - I wish there were some Jacob/Selmak/Janet smilies too

-Snotr
                            ??? i've never heard of THAT shipping! wow....
                            I am NOT slashing these two!!
                            sigpic
                            beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

I heard about it.
                              It's kind of weird in my opinion!

---

I'm trying new styles.
                              Last edited by Luciana; 08 April 2008, 02:12 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh my goodness.

---

I love that pic too, it brightens up my day! Would even more if it was Corin though LMAO!!

Originally posted by Marie C. View Post
                                GREAT!!!LOL! those are lovely!

i'd use the pics in my sig, too, but i don't have any more room!

as far as the pic, sure, it's funny, but (no offense meant to anyone) i'm not much into gay-like stuff. sorry.
                                That's why I put it in spoilers! That way if someone doesn't want to look at it, they don't have to!

Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Working...
                                X