Martouf/Lantash/Jr Bourne Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marie C. View Post
    I TOTALLY agree with you, Snotr!!!! that's the first outfit he was in when we met him, so that's how i'll always remember!!! he looks too human in his BDU's if you ask me....and yes...Martouf is the cuter of the two!!
    I agree, the Tok'ra uniform is definitively the one that looks best on him. Though, I think I've read that Jr. Bourne preferred the BDU's - more comfortable, I think he said.

Yes, Martouf is the cutest of the two, but Lantash is the most...fiery. I think they complement each other perfectly. Together they are very sexy.

-Skadi
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

I TOTALLY agree with you, Snotr!!!! that's the first outfit he was in when we met him, so that's how i'll always remember!!! he looks too human in his BDU's if you ask me....and yes...Martouf is the cuter of the two!!
      You're right THAT'S why I prefer him in the Tok'ra clothing, instead of the BDU's.

Couldn't get into the forum at all yesterday. Anyone else had the same problem?

-Snotr
      sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
      (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
      Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
        You're right THAT'S why I prefer him in the Tok'ra clothing, instead of the BDU's.

-Snotr
        Didn't try, but couldn't get in most of today either. There's a thread on top-level of forum - there was a DB problem, I think.

So, people. What is your favorite Martouf/Lantash quote? I love quotes. Stargate have quite a number of good ones.
        sigpic
        button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

*raises hand* I prefer the BDUs. Might have had something do do with how sweaty he got in that episode...*whistles*

Comment

-Snotr
            yeah i couldn't get on at all, either...does anyone know what was going on?

Originally posted by CaptJanson View Post
            Didn't try, but couldn't get in most of today either. There's a thread on top-level of forum - there was a DB problem, I think.

So, people. What is your favorite Martouf/Lantash quote? I love quotes. Stargate have quite a number of good ones.
            Quote? um.....well, i can't remember it exactly, but the scene was on the planet when sg1 first meets the tok'ra and martouf and sam were sitting on a dune together talking about Jolinar. i like it when martouf smiles and corrects sam by saying jolinar was a "she".

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
            *raises hand* I prefer the BDUs. Might have had something do do with how sweaty he got in that episode...*whistles*
            thanks for the green, btw!
            I am NOT slashing these two!!
            sigpic
            beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

yeah i couldn't get on at all, either...does anyone know what was going on?
              I think Greg, the site tech-guy, was fiddling around with some things and trying to sort out some bugs. He generally can't do that when the forums are being used so he occasionally shuts them down for a while while he sorts out a particular glitch.

thanks for the green, btw!
              No problem! Wish I could remember what I gave you it for A lot's happened since then! (Like for instance, me meeting Kavan Smith and Paul McGillion - it's enough to send anyone crazy )

Comment

I think Greg, the site tech-guy, was fiddling around with some things and trying to sort out some bugs. He generally can't do that when the forums are being used so he occasionally shuts them down for a while while he sorts out a particular glitch.

No problem! Wish I could remember what I gave you it for A lot's happened since then! (Like for instance, me meeting Kavan Smith and Paul McGillion - it's enough to send anyone crazy )
                you said i should go to a con sometime and that it would be fun! but you met paul?! wow! did he have his accent?
                I am NOT slashing these two!!
                sigpic
                beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

you said i should go to a con sometime and that it would be fun! but you met paul?! wow! did he have his accent?
                  Oh yeah, I remember! (I stand by that, by the way )

Paul was wonderful. And yes, he sometimes used his accent. He was very funny when he did it

Comment

Yes, Lantash is definitively interesting, but so is Martouf - he's the cute one of them

I would also like to say welcome to CaptJanson - now I'm not the newest on this thread anymore

So, do you think Martouf looks best in his Tok'ra outfit, or in the BDUs, or perhaps in the desert camo one from Ripple Effect? While I like all of them, I prefer the Tok'ra uniform. Somehow he looks really gorgeous in that, don't know why.

-Snotr
                    The first tie we see him.. his Tok'ra outfit.. LOVE IT!!

Okay girls, i looked into smilies for us.. the only one's out there are Jacob ones to be found Here and Here. I've not had any luck for finding someone to make them for us....
                    Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
                      The first tie we see him.. his Tok'ra outfit.. LOVE IT!!

Okay girls, i looked into smilies for us.. the only one's out there are Jacob ones to be found Here and Here. I've not had any luck for finding someone to make them for us....
                      Thanks for the Jacob smilies. So...I just copy them to photobucket or something, and use them? (...and tell the creator I'm using them, I guess )

I've never tried making smilies, but I might look into it, to get Martouf smilies, or symbiote smilies. Anyone know how it's done? Special software or just photoshop and lots of talent?

-Skadi
                      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Quote? um.....well, i can't remember it exactly, but the scene was on the planet when sg1 first meets the tok'ra and martouf and sam were sitting on a dune together talking about Jolinar. i like it when martouf smiles and corrects sam by saying jolinar was a "she".
                        I always like it when he smile...

I found a place called 'Gatenoise' (http://www.gatenoise.com) which has transcripts from all the Stargate episodes. The quote you think of is this:

Spoiler:

MARTOUF: Please, ah, tell me of Jolinar.
                        SAM: I get the feeling you knew him way better than I ever did.
                        MARTOUF: I'm sure. For one thing, he was a she.
                        SAM: What? You're kidding!
                        MARTOUF: Well, actually, that isn't accurate. The symbiote does not have a gender. However, Jolinar has always been in female hosts.

But I like the whole scene, where they walk, talk, sit on the dunes, hold hands...

Thus, I'm going to put the rest of the transcript from that scene here. I assume there is no problems in quoting a whole scene? DISCLAIMER: All this is owned and copyrighted by MGM, Kawoosh! and Stargate Productions. No infringement is intended nor implied. (Just to be safe )

Here comes the rest of the scene:

Spoiler:

SAM: Well, actually, the host I found him in, her in, was a male.
                        MARTOUF: Really? Must have been another method of hiding from the Ashrak. Tell me of Jolinar's last days.
                        SAM: Well, it's kind of weird, it's like I'm left with these intuitions, feelings. I know this, she sacrificed herself to save me. That speaks a ton about her character as far as I'm concerned. [Pauses] I'm sorry, are you okay?
                        LANTASH: I'm sorry, Martouf is having a more difficult time handling this than I am.
                        SAM: So you're his symbiote, Lantash, right?
                        LANTASH: Yes. Martouf is the name of my host.
                        SAM: Yeah, I knew that. I seem to know pretty much everything about you. When I'm with you, I feel a different sort of, I don't know, recognition, than I do with the other Tok'ra. Is there something different about your relationship to Jolinar?
                        LANTASH: Jolinar and I were together for nearly... 100 of your years. She was my mate.
                        SAM: Oh. How does that work? She was whose mate? Martouf, or Lantash?
                        LANTASH: Both.
                        MARTOUF: Now let me attempt an explanation. As I said before, ours is a truly symbiotic relationship. So what I feel, Lantash feels. And what Lantash feels, I feel.
                        SAM: So when one of you is in love, you both feel it.
                        MARTOUF: Yes, we love as one. And, and we mourn as one.
                        SAM: I'm sorry.
                        MARTOUF: Don't be sorry. We want you to truly comprehend this so that you'll better understand us.
                        SAM: Okay, well, I am curious. What was Jolinar's host like?
                        MARTOUF: Jolinar's host, Rosha, was very beautiful. She had eyes like the oceans of Marloon, hair was the colour of Abydos, and her smile was, was as infectious as laughter. In fact, Rosha looked very much like you Captain Carter. You are very beautiful. You'd make a lovely new host for Selmak.
                        Sam turns away.
                        MARTOUF: I'm sorry, I've said something to upset you.
                        SAM: No. Yes! It's difficult enough with just the remnants of Jolinar in here. The last thing I need is another person - symbiote - whatever.
                        Sam sits down on the edge of the ridge. Martouf stands a little way away.
                        MARTOUF: I didn't mean to upset you so.
                        Martouf walks over to Sam and crouches down next to her.
                        SAM: It's just the thought of going through that again.
                        MARTOUF: Don't give it another moment's thought. It was an inappropriate suggestion. Please understand that it came from a deep desire to have Jolinar back in my life in some form.
                        SAM: This must be what it feels like to be schizophrenic.
                        MARTOUF: What is schizophrenic?
                        SAM: It's a mental illness humans have. It's like a split personality. Two people in one brain. I mean, there's me, Samantha Carter, and then there's this leftover part of Jolinar that feels things like...
                        MARTOUF: Like...?
                        SAM: Like some pretty deep feelings for you.
                        MARTOUF: Jolinar left this imprint on your mind?
                        SAM: Yes.
                        MARTOUF: I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable, but...
                        SAM: No! It's just... what you had, you and Jolinar, you were in love longer than I've been alive! Hell, longer than I will be alive!
                        MARTOUF: She left this feeling with you? You can feel how she felt for me?
                        SAM: Yes. And it's confusing the hell outta me.
                        MARTOUF: Why?
                        SAM: Because it's not just in my mind like a memory, I feel it. Like I've had this relationship with you for 100 years. I don't know if I can describe it with words. What Jolinar felt for you, I don't even think I'm capable of comprehending.
                        MARTOUF: Maybe there's another way you can communicate it. Perhaps in a way other than words.
                        They interlock their hands and gaze into one another's eyes. Then Daniel, as usual, runs up and interrupts her.

I so wish Daniel hadn't interrupted them!

Anyway, I especially like the part were he tells her that the Tok'ra love as one, and the symbiote and host both feel the same. It's so very sweet (yes, I'm a softie).

-Skadi
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                          I've never tried making smilies, but I might look into it, to get Martouf smilies, or symbiote smilies. Anyone know how it's done? Special software or just photoshop and lots of talent?

-Skadi
                          They're pretty easy to make once you get the hang of them. I've made smilies in Microsoft paint before, but you can use things like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. I use PSP.

All you do is create a new blank document, select the pencil tool, pick a colour and zoom in to 800%. just start drawing until you get something you're happy with. To start with, I borrowed (with their permission) other people's smilies (you can always use the GW smilies, just credit Gilles if you change any) to practice editing them and getting then hang of things. I'm sure there are tutorials lying around somewhere. Either that, or PM zuz who does most of the smilies around.

Comment

Thanks for the Jacob smilies. So...I just copy them to photobucket or something, and use them? (...and tell the creator I'm using them, I guess )

-Skadi
                            The Jacob smileys are great (THANX for finding them, Sun'shyne), but do try to make the others, Skadi - if it takes any sort of creative talent, then I certainly am not the one to do it

I always like it when he smile...

I found a place called 'Gatenoise' (http://www.gatenoise.com) which has transcripts from all the Stargate episodes. The quote you think of is this:

Spoiler:

MARTOUF: Please, ah, tell me of Jolinar.
                            SAM: I get the feeling you knew him way better than I ever did.
                            MARTOUF: I'm sure. For one thing, he was a she.
                            SAM: What? You're kidding!
                            MARTOUF: Well, actually, that isn't accurate. The symbiote does not have a gender. However, Jolinar has always been in female hosts.

But I like the whole scene, where they walk, talk, sit on the dunes, hold hands...

Thus, I'm going to put the rest of the transcript from that scene here. I assume there is no problems in quoting a whole scene? DISCLAIMER: All this is owned and copyrighted by MGM, Kawoosh! and Stargate Productions. No infringement is intended nor implied. (Just to be safe )

Here comes the rest of the scene:

Spoiler:

SAM: Well, actually, the host I found him in, her in, was a male.
                            MARTOUF: Really? Must have been another method of hiding from the Ashrak. Tell me of Jolinar's last days.
                            SAM: Well, it's kind of weird, it's like I'm left with these intuitions, feelings. I know this, she sacrificed herself to save me. That speaks a ton about her character as far as I'm concerned. [Pauses] I'm sorry, are you okay?
                            LANTASH: I'm sorry, Martouf is having a more difficult time handling this than I am.
                            SAM: So you're his symbiote, Lantash, right?
                            LANTASH: Yes. Martouf is the name of my host.
                            SAM: Yeah, I knew that. I seem to know pretty much everything about you. When I'm with you, I feel a different sort of, I don't know, recognition, than I do with the other Tok'ra. Is there something different about your relationship to Jolinar?
                            LANTASH: Jolinar and I were together for nearly... 100 of your years. She was my mate.
                            SAM: Oh. How does that work? She was whose mate? Martouf, or Lantash?
                            LANTASH: Both.
                            MARTOUF: Now let me attempt an explanation. As I said before, ours is a truly symbiotic relationship. So what I feel, Lantash feels. And what Lantash feels, I feel.
                            SAM: So when one of you is in love, you both feel it.
                            MARTOUF: Yes, we love as one. And, and we mourn as one.
                            SAM: I'm sorry.
                            MARTOUF: Don't be sorry. We want you to truly comprehend this so that you'll better understand us.
                            SAM: Okay, well, I am curious. What was Jolinar's host like?
                            MARTOUF: Jolinar's host, Rosha, was very beautiful. She had eyes like the oceans of Marloon, hair was the colour of Abydos, and her smile was, was as infectious as laughter. In fact, Rosha looked very much like you Captain Carter. You are very beautiful. You'd make a lovely new host for Selmak.
                            Sam turns away.
                            MARTOUF: I'm sorry, I've said something to upset you.
                            SAM: No. Yes! It's difficult enough with just the remnants of Jolinar in here. The last thing I need is another person - symbiote - whatever.
                            Sam sits down on the edge of the ridge. Martouf stands a little way away.
                            MARTOUF: I didn't mean to upset you so.
                            Martouf walks over to Sam and crouches down next to her.
                            SAM: It's just the thought of going through that again.
                            MARTOUF: Don't give it another moment's thought. It was an inappropriate suggestion. Please understand that it came from a deep desire to have Jolinar back in my life in some form.
                            SAM: This must be what it feels like to be schizophrenic.
                            MARTOUF: What is schizophrenic?
                            SAM: It's a mental illness humans have. It's like a split personality. Two people in one brain. I mean, there's me, Samantha Carter, and then there's this leftover part of Jolinar that feels things like...
                            MARTOUF: Like...?
                            SAM: Like some pretty deep feelings for you.
                            MARTOUF: Jolinar left this imprint on your mind?
                            SAM: Yes.
                            MARTOUF: I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable, but...
                            SAM: No! It's just... what you had, you and Jolinar, you were in love longer than I've been alive! Hell, longer than I will be alive!
                            MARTOUF: She left this feeling with you? You can feel how she felt for me?
                            SAM: Yes. And it's confusing the hell outta me.
                            MARTOUF: Why?
                            SAM: Because it's not just in my mind like a memory, I feel it. Like I've had this relationship with you for 100 years. I don't know if I can describe it with words. What Jolinar felt for you, I don't even think I'm capable of comprehending.
                            MARTOUF: Maybe there's another way you can communicate it. Perhaps in a way other than words.
                            They interlock their hands and gaze into one another's eyes. Then Daniel, as usual, runs up and interrupts her.

I so wish Daniel hadn't interrupted them!

Anyway, I especially like the part were he tells her that the Tok'ra love as one, and the symbiote and host both feel the same. It's so very sweet (yes, I'm a softie).
                            aaaw, yes, that scene is soo cute - it's certainly my favorite. By the way, do you know if anyone has made any musicvids with it? I would really like to watch some with Sam/Martouf, but the only one I saw used that episode - Divide and Conquer, and it sorta destroys it for me (I'm not into unhappy endings...) I'll post the question on the Sam/Martouf/Lantash ship thread also, even though I guess most people there are also on this

A lot's happened since then! (Like for instance, me meeting Kavan Smith and Paul McGillion - it's enough to send anyone crazy )
                            firefly, you have NO idea how envious I am for you going to that con - but I'm happy it was great and you enjoyed it. One day I will be able to go to one

-Snotr
                            sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                            (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                            Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

They're pretty easy to make once you get the hang of them. I've made smilies in Microsoft paint before, but you can use things like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. I use PSP.

All you do is create a new blank document, select the pencil tool, pick a colour and zoom in to 800%. just start drawing until you get something you're happy with. To start with, I borrowed (with their permission) other people's smilies (you can always use the GW smilies, just credit Gilles if you change any) to practice editing them and getting then hang of things. I'm sure there are tutorials lying around somewhere. Either that, or PM zuz who does most of the smilies around.
                              Sounds good! Thank you. I will make an attempt this weekend, using a program called 'gimp' - it's a freeware graphics program, and should be pretty advanced, though I realise that won't help me to get more talented

-Skadi
                              sigpic

Comment

I've not used GIMP yet but I do have it

And trust me, the more you practice, the better you get. My first artwork was terrible. Now I'm fairly confident it's better Let us know what you come up with! By the way, LiveJournal have a lot of tutorials on how to use various graphics programs, you might find one for GIMP on there that might help.

Comment

Working...
                                X