Martouf/Lantash/Jr Bourne Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
    It was also THUNK - capital letters before. And now it's thunk...lower case.
    Also, it used to be just 'The Jr Bourne/Martouf/Lantash THUNK thread' now it's the 'thunk and appreciation thread'.
    Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
    STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

I only noticed because I had it bookmarked. It used to bring me straight to the thread to sign in thre, but now it says something like 'unspecified thread' and I have to sign in there.

Comment

They changed different things. They wanted to have the threads more neutral. They also wanted to close all the anti threads. They haven't done, yet...but I haven't seen one of the antis on page 1 for some time now...
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, I passed 500 posts without realising!!!!!! *does cartwheels and the splits* I'm a quarter of the way to my own avatar!!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Comment

They changed different things. They wanted to have the threads more neutral. They also wanted to close all the anti threads. They haven't done, yet...but I haven't seen one of the antis on page 1 for some time now...
            I saw them straightening up other threads, but they always asked the people on the thread before changing the title. What happened to Lantash in ours?

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I am pretty sure Lantash wasn't in the title of this thread before, though he should be. Perhaps we can get it changed? JR should be Jr, as that is how he spells it (without any punctuation).

The rest of the changes did happen, though, and I haven't seen any posts about it. Yes, I too thought they wouldn't make changes without asking us, but apparently that was an error on my part. THUNK changed to Thunk and thread got merged.
              sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Neither have I. I have been reading some in Upcoming changes in the character and relationship folder, and they closed a bunch of anti-threads, that hadn't been written in for several months - probably they hadn't been written in since people had been told not to be negative...sort of a self-satisfying prophesy (is it called that in english) - they could close the threads because no one wrote in them - which people had been told not to

Otherwise, I got the impression they wouldn't make changes to the name of threads/merge threads/close threads etc. until they had talked with the people writing in said threads, for about a week - but I may have misunderstood. It certainly seems that way.

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
                Hey, I passed 500 posts without realising!!!!!! *does cartwheels and the splits* I'm a quarter of the way to my own avatar!!!!! Woo hoo!!!
                CONGRATULATIONS, MEDU !!!!
                sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Ooh, I found an interview with Jr (it's from 2002). I haven't read it before

http://www.noodleheadproductions.com/jr.html
                  sigpic

Comment

I know it already.

I read a lot about the changes, but it was too much and I can't remember everything.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thankies, Hathor_girl! It's 'self fulfilling prophecy', but, I tell you what, all of you who have English as a 2nd/3rd/4th language amaze me!!! I couldn't even 'get by' in most languages, let alone quote a sociological phrase!!!! You're all astounding to me!! I admire you a lot. I can get by in French and Spanish (lived/worked in Spain for a couple of years when young(er)), and even have a smattering of Russian, but I only did one year of German and it dumbfounded me. They do say it's an easier language for men to learn and my future father in law is fluent in it, but it beat me completely. I dotry to learn please and thank you in most languages though, manners don't take much learning, eh? Maybe it's time to give German another try. Then I can try it out on Luci!!!

Comment

English is much easier to learn than german.
                        And I don't know why people should learn german.
                        sigpic

Comment

German is actually easier to learn than English - if it were not for all the grammar...when I went to schoold I found German to be much easier to read than English - but that was then. Now I have been exposed to much more English (movies, books...) and not so much German, so it is the other way around.

A very little Danish:

Thank you = Tak
                          Please = vær så venlig/værsågod

(to please = stille tilfreds/gøre tilpas/glæde)

and a lot more
                          sigpic
                          Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

English is much easier to learn than german.
                            And I don't know why people should learn german.
                            I think we Brits should know at least one other European language. It's the typical English way to expect everyone else to know our language, but not bother ourselves to learn any of theirs. I think we should at least learn enough to get by? Oooohhh, I forgot, I know a tiny bit of Flemish, too, from going to Ypres every year. I will get around to learning more German, as I could probably understand more of the Scandinavian languages that have their 'roots' in it that way, too?

Right, off to make a 'Jr' omelette (fluffy and melts in the mouth *grin*)

And I agree Hathor_girl, they should change it to 'Jr' not JR. I always put 'Jr' . His real name, David, just isn't 'him' to me at all, maybe because we've always thought of him by his nickname.

Comment

I learnt English, German, Russian in school - and a little Swedish and Norwegian.

Flemish is actually similar enough to a mixture of Danish/German/English that you can often understand it when they speak!
                              sigpic
                              Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
                                German is actually easier to learn than English - if it were not for all the grammar...when I went to schoold I found German to be much easier to read than English - but that was then. Now I have been exposed to much more English (movies, books...) and not so much German, so it is the other way around.

A very little Danish:

Thank you = Tak
                                Please = vær så venlig/værsågod

(to please = stille tilfreds/gøre tilpas/glæde)

and a lot more
                                Skadi, could you write them out phonetically? I'd love to learn them, but don't know how to pronounce them? I've just had a funny thought. If we learn more of each other's languages, we can have our own 'secret' code that 'non-Jr thunkers' won't understand *giggle*

Comment

Working...
                                X