This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJFavorite
    I don't mind the idea of Lexa being cast as the new doc. I just hope they don't go shippy with her and Daniel. I'm afraid that if they go shippy, TPTB will go overboard with the ship.
    I have to agree with that.. but I don't think that the writers would end up falling into that hole..

As for the new enemy, I am not so sure about that one yet but I do like the idea of exploring other myths from Earth's past. I am wondering if we might see some more of the Hindu myths

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D
      I have to agree with that.. but I don't think that the writers would end up falling into that hole..
      I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised, I hope they wouldn't, but I wouldn't put it past them to do it.
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

The New Enemy: Remember the Ancients are not the ONLY assended beings. If you remember the reasearch the ancients were doing in Episode 1X03 (I think Hide and Seek is what its called). Also
        Spoiler:
        in Threads Oma told Daniel that only some of the people in the dinner were Ancients.
        Last edited by odinseye; 28 February 2005, 02:03 PM.
        Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Interesting I haven't seen Threads yet but it does seem to tying up a lot of loose ones

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D
            Interesting I haven't seen Threads yet but it does seem to tying up a lot of loose ones
            I edited my post - nothing major just put that in spoilers cause I Know some people haven't seen it yet
            Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Ambecka
              all of this news was mentioned at the dallas con yesterday.

yes new enemy evil ancients pronounced ori
              yes arthur/avalon, MS was researching it for an episode he is writing
              yes Lexa was cast, michael did NOT get her the job, he was like would you want your wife at work with you all the time?
              he also said he doesnt see any love life for daniel in the future, that the show isnt really about that, they are adventurers. (so i doubt there will be any hot stuff on camera with Lexa)
              Wasn't MS supposed to write a continuing story about Crystal Skull? Michael Greenburg mentioned it when season9 was confirmed.
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

If I read that right, does it say she's the new medical officer? Huh. Well, they had to get somebody eventually. Go Girl.
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I really wish they wouldn't try and pass off a 31-year-old who looks even younger as the CHIEF Medical officer. She's nowhere near old enough; technically neither was Janet Frasier, but at least she was older. A CMO should be someone like Warner.

Why not simply make her one of the base doctors? We know there's more than one, and there's really no reason we need to see the CMO anyway. Most CMO's are paperwork supervisors.

And why connect her to the new General? Wouldn't that be nepotism or something? Why can't she stand on her own two feet? Frasier did just fine without being connected to a man.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's coming on board; I like her, have ever since I saw her in The New Professionals. I just think she's too young to be a Chief Medical Officer, especially somewhere as important and unusual as the SGC.

Dana Jeanne
                  Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Thought the New Pros never made it Stateside?(or if it did, you'd have a laugh finding it!). Ironic given that the globalisation of CI5 was meant tro appeal to a US audience!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I thought the new enemy would be the furlings since nothing is known about them other than the alliance, but hey evil Ancients will do.

Maybe the furlings come and save the day or something in the last episode of season 9 and we see them for about 50 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                        and that would be wierd if she was daniel's love interest too
                        Hopefully not. That almost never works. For odd reasons that no one can quite explain often times a husband/wife team have very little on-screen chemistry.

Comment

YES! evil ancients! i was right!

and Lexa Doig! ive been saying it forever she should join stargate! she is a phenomenal actress and is being wasted on Andromeda. my only hope is that they dont do anything shippy between her character and Daniel. it would be too corny and campy for my tastes, but having the characters become close friends would be ok. actually it would be really cool if they have the characters kind of adversarial....

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                            And why connect her to the new General? Wouldn't that be nepotism or something? Why can't she stand on her own two feet? Frasier did just fine without being connected to a man.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's coming on board; I like her, have ever since I saw her in The New Professionals. I just think she's too young to be a Chief Medical Officer, especially somewhere as important and unusual as the SGC.

Dana Jeanne
                            Yeah, I guess they want someone eclectic who's not too bad as eye candy either, I hate where the show seems to be heading towards teeny bopper goggle the chick thing. *watches SG1 toilet flush*

And to connect her to the general is just kind os ... sad? I dunno, I get bored quick with gals who always have some guy on thier side. I'm no feminist - it just bores me.

- Nix Scully of course - until about S7 or 8. But she was always funny to watch. And a docter. Was she technically old enough to be doc? I'm just wondering.
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                              Yeah, I guess they want someone eclectic who's not too bad as eye candy either, I hate where the show seems to be heading towards teeny bopper goggle the chick thing. *watches SG1 toilet flush*

And to connect her to the general is just kind os ... sad? I dunno, I get bored quick with gals who always have some guy on thier side. I'm no feminist - it just bores me.

- Nix Scully of course - until about S7 or 8. But she was always funny to watch. And a docter. Was she technically old enough to be doc? I'm just wondering.
                              well having her be related to someone in charge also adds a potentially interesting new dimension to character development we havent had in stargate before. we've never had any one related to anyone else at the SGC (sam/jacob not counting since he went off with the tok'ra) it could be very interesting, especially if they write her strong willed and able and willing to stand up to him at times

Comment

Well, that's true, good for character development, but It might make things complicated and seeing as we're nearing the *gulp* possible end of SG1, what would be the point, really? Unless someone's getting killed ...
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X