Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that Yu will turn good. He has the style of a true Gou'ald that can get almost anything done. But it didn't help a large portion of his fleet being destroyed by Anubis
    __

__

Comment

Still, he seems to be more honorable than the others -- whether this comes from his many years of living and getting tired of feudal warring, or his supposed senility, I do not know, but it might make fo a welcome twist if they pull it off. While he may have other motives, he did represent the Goa'uld in the Protected Planets thing, and although he pulled out of battle for inexplicable reasons and threw Teal'c in jail, at least he was nice enough to let Teal'c live. Even Yu's First Prime knows something's up with his "god" so there must be something more to this... I hope!

He's one of the few Goa'uld still alive from the earlier seasons, and there must be a good reason for this. Something about Ba'al strikes me that he is a crueller, more scheming type. But we'll see
      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I find Yu fascinating because he isn't all that evil. Sure, he's a dictator, but he's utterly honourable and obviously has a sufficiently functional relationship with his servants that his Jaffa will cover for him when he's incapacitated and not care if he's actually a god or not. Unlike most Goa'uld he isn't cruel for its own sake and he doesn't seem to revel in destruction; he isn't all that bad, yet his underlying approach to rule means that he could never actually ally himself full-time with the Tau'ri. Nevertheless, he's someone that the SGC can respect, if not actually like.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Yeah... I think he has to remain cold and distant and not let too many people onto the fact his mind is going crazy but isn't it stated that he's the oldest of the current round of System Lords? Maybe the Asgard will help him find a fix for his brain. I can't recall a time where Yu has executed his servants for not accomplishing something, unlike Anubis or Apophis and soforth.

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

I quite like writing Yu's servants, because it gives me a chance to have some serious Goa'uld fu. Also, there's a wonderful model for his organisation in descriptions of the Celestial Bureaucracy in The Journey to the West. It's especially good if you balance Yu's essentially Taoist court against the Buddhist influences of the Ancients (or Oma at least).
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

i tihnk he's dead, i reckon he got pwnzed by earth! Even annubis isnt invincible, the asgard could take them out if they got off there arses to have a go, but they never try! In fact they COULD have destroyed annubis when they tryed to pwnz heimdall, and didnt!

them asgard are real twits sometimes

Comment

Spoilers, Season Eight

Anubis is not wiped out yet. He's going to appear in a episode in season eight and attempt to bail through the gate
                __

__

Comment

Yeah the Asgard are too dependent on their technology, they should be doing cloning experiments to make their frail little bods buffer!

Comment

WHAT! Thats absolutele INSANE, I JUST WATCHED LOST CITY part 2 again, and his ship gets so blown up, its not even funny, there was even blue blow up bits, it blew all his other ships away. the blow up was THAT HUGE! I think if he didnt die its a great disgrace to the writers! he has no time to teleport, no time to get to a stargate! we see him covering his face, how in heaven he would escape that is beyong me, and as it should be, as HE SHOULD BE DEAD!

grrr

Comment

I agree with you bogo, Anubis is dead, if he isn't, then thats just messed up.
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

One thing we have to remember is: we can't be sure Anubis' mortal form died because unlike the other Goa'uld, he is not exactly a corporeal being and apparently is trapped midway between this plane of existence and the ascended plane the Ancients are on -- so maybe it's kind of like what happened to The Twins in Matrix: Reloaded , you see their forms scatter apart like gas or mist but no firm confirmation of a dead body per se... like a spirit, Anubis might be floating around out there waiting for another chance to strike. Although I think it'd be kind of cheap if they brought him back for one episode and that was it, because he was pretty formidable and has lots of potential as an arch-villain!

Comment

Well, i don't want to comment, but spoilers say alot Well, the spoilers i have been reading do at least
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Perhaps Anubis' gouald was killed and now he's just the energy
                            __

__

Comment

I believe Robert Cooper answers this question in a recent interview
                              http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip...x.php?p=62&c=1

“Michael Shanks is going to have a couple of good episodes of his own,” shares Cooper, “and I guess the big thing that Daniel is going to do is to have a bit of a showdown with Anubis [David Palffy] towards the end of the season.”

Comment

Yes, I'm not sure weather or not this will be a episode that he does actually fight Anubis or it is about his ascension
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X