This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Sorry to swing slightly off topic, but did anyone ever decide why Anubis got banished in the first place?
    I figure he was always power-hungry and seeking after new knowledge. He committed a whole load of atrocities, both against humans and against less powerful Goa'uld, but he brought home the bacon and so Ra didn't care.

Then his search brought the anger of one too many powerful races on the Goa'uld as a whole and they decided he was no longer a good investment. They publically disowned him and sent the Ashraks, but he Ascended out of danger, only to get slapped back down by the Others.

Yu's grudge against Anubis on the other hand; I figure that one's personal.
    Last edited by Mr Prophet; 11 May 2004, 10:26 AM.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I think he could still be alive but I don't think they will bering him back in season 8. I think they'll wait for a season 9, an atlantis season, or a season for a whole other spinoff.
      -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
      -Jack O'Niell

Comment

I'm guessing that their choice of actors for Anubis tells us who he really is... Sokar. And the two characters' profiles seem to be similar as well: both have been said to have been powerful Goa'uld System Lords that were banished/outcast by the others. It's possible that after he was banished, Anubis continued expanding his empire hidden from the other Goa'uld while assuming the name Sokar and beginning a new empire under the Goa'uld's noses. Sokar was eventually banished too... possibly because he reminded the older System Lords of his previous alter-ego.
        The writers have made it clear that Anubis is not Sokar or anyone else, he is new. Which is lucky because Anubis is a terrible cliched Palpatine mirror and Sokar rocks.

S8 Spoiler:
        Unfortunately Anubis is not dead, he's the disembodied spirit that is in the SGC in Lockdown and he escapes through the gate.
        Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Season 5 finale spoilers/Season 6 midseason spoilers
          I was slightly puzzled the other day when watching 'Revalations' on DVD Heimdell says that the Asgard sensors pick up Go'uld symboties and display them in red, and when anubis and his personal guards walk past O'Neill and Te'lc hiding behind the wall Anubis is picked up as red. Doe's thia mean that although Anubis is acended his symboytie is still corperal? Also doe's this mean that Acended beings are still able to be taken over by a Go'uld? Also can humanoid replicators be taken over by symbotes becuse that could lead to a really cool way of bringing back apothis for one last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
            Season 5 finale spoilers/Season 6 midseason spoilers
            Doe's thia mean that although Anubis is acended his symboytie is still corperal? Also doe's this mean that Acended beings are still able to be taken over by a Go'uld? Also can humanoid replicators be taken over by symbotes becuse that could lead to a really cool way of bringing back apothis for one last fight.
            From what I understood, Anubis was already a goa'uld when he tried to Ascend and the others tried to stop him, leaving him stuck in a half-ascended state. It's the half-unascended part that probbaly gets picked up by sensors. I don't think the human Reps can be taken over because I don't think they have organic parts.

Comment

But they use tiny cell sized nanoprocessers in oreder to recreate a stronger version of the human body, if these replicate the human brain/spinal column then surely a symbote could latch onto it and use it as a host. Maybe....

Comment

But they use tiny cell sized nanoprocessers in oreder to recreate a stronger version of the human body, if these replicate the human brain/spinal column then surely a symbote could latch onto it and use it as a host. Maybe....
                How would it get nutrients? A symbiote (I assume) can tie into a body's biochemical system (or whatever) to keep itself fed, but a mechanical or even biomechanical system? I'm not sure how that'd work.

It's an interesting subject, but probably one that deserves its own thread. Or... I think I saw a thread somewhere about what a goa'uld can use as a host...
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 14 May 2004, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Also can humanoid replicators be taken over by symbotes becuse that could lead to a really cool way of bringing back apothis for one last fight.
                  i doubt it.

why do you want apophis back anyway?
                  Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Or, it would be weird to see humanoid replicators take the forms of past Goa'uld System Lords and assume their identities and all... although the naquadria thing might be an initial roadblock, I'm sure the replicators could adapt to assimilate that technology as well

Would be even stranger to have a replicator impersonate a Goa'uld and take over a human host...

Apophis was a major antagonist for quite a few seasons but I think the episode title "Full Circle" says it all, and that they've closed the loop on that one.
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

All in all, in Full Circle we learned quite a bit more about Anubis in one episode more than we did through two seasons
                      __

__

Comment

I thought they were going to reveal more about Anubis later in Season 7 -- that was kind of disappointing, actually. *sighs*

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Spoilers throughout Season 7;

At the beginning two pilot episodes of this season, Baal is contacted by Teal'c to move in a defeat Anubis. He does just this. Anubis manages to escape in a little escape pod and we don't actually see him again until mid-way through season seven. We stop a bit of his production and then we don't see him again until Lost City, if I remember correctly
                          __

__

Comment

So is Ba'al now head opposition to Anubis? What of Yu? I don't want to be spoiled too much but it seemed to me like Yu was leading the opposition against Anubis as he was the lone dissenting vote during the summit. Hmmmmmm...

Comment

Further spoilers, Season Seven;

It is most obviously Baal but we don't actually get to see him again until season eight, as far as spoilers go. We haven't seen much of Yu. He did appear in the first two episodes of season seven but that's all. In those episodes, he has grown very 'ill' because he spends his days living in the scarphcarphgus (however it's spelt)
                              __

__

Comment

Yeah... thanks... I wonder if there will be an arc like, Yu accepting his mortality at last and realizing that maybe evil doesn't pay after all and that he should do a few honorable deeds before he dies Wishful thinking but I'd like to see him "Go Goa'uld Good!" Hope Ba'al doesn't send any exploding gifts SG-1's way, but if he did that'd be a nice touch of continuity... and Daniel Jackson would go "Don't say I didn't warn you!"

Comment

Working...
                                X