Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Need

Need, always brings a plethora of feelings bubbling to the service. Possibly what makes it such a powerful episode for me.

I really hate what that stupid, manipulative princess does to Daniel, and how she blackmails him into addiction. And then I really hate what addict!Daniel does to his friends, even though he can't help himself anymore. He does look like a real brat when he's been in the sarcophagus for 9 or 10 times, who needs a good kick up the mik'ta to come back down to Earth.

It's the first time we see Carter having a Jolinar-flashback. However, it's the first time Teal'c seems to indicate he can tell wether a person is a Goa'uld or not, even though he wasn't aware Jolinar was inside Sam. Was this negligence on the writer's part or am I mistaken in believing he too can sense the Goa'uld?

I'm rather surprised really that Jack didn't try to strangle him right there and then. Somewhere Daniel must have realized what he was doing was wrong on so many levels, and yet his dark side prevailed.

I also caught myself almost yelling at him that he was still married to Sha're. You're a married man, Daniel!

And then I wanted to slap him senseless when he tells Sam she must never have known real love.

Some powerful acting on Michael's part though, that's always brilliant to watch.
    I don't think you are mistaken in believing Teal'c can sense Goa'uld. I'm pretty sure there's a later episode when Sam says she's sensing something like that, and Teal'c speaks up and says that he, too, is sensing a Goa'uld (maybe "The Tomb"?).

I wanted to smack Daniel for how cold and mean he was to the team, and especially that crack about Sam not knowing what love is.

I'm not being mean to Daniel when I say he's not exactly my favorite character. There have been many, many times I wanted to smack him upside the head (a Gibbs' head slap on NCIS).

Comment

I've really fallen out of the rewatch with one thing and another! It's gone too fast for me as I'm watching other stuff too and that RL that gets in the way!

I've popped in on occasion to catch up with what people are posting, but never enough time to join in because so much has been posted in between visits!

I like how every rewatch brings up different things that catch peoples' attention.

Prisoners

Nope, not one of my favorite episodes. Don't necessarily dislike it, but I don't like it either.

It has some funny lines, and funny moments but overall I'm not a fan of this episode.

However, for research sake... SG-9 is the diplomatic team.

And Bonnie Bartlett will always be Patience from Firefly for me -- "Didn't she shoot you?".
      For me the scene I always remember from this episode are the smoking shoes left behind after the prisoners are vaporised by the ‘kawoosh’!

Politics

"Wait, to be clear... Engaged?"

I'm not particularly a fan of clipshows, however Politics didn't really bother me that much. Of course, Kinsey should be thrown into a wormhole that leads no where... I applaud Jack's restraint not to shoot him on sight.

Even though it's a clipshow, it is a good set-up to the season finale... I'll give it that.
      I always thought Stargate did clip shows better than most. Kinsey was always wonderfully irritating! He was a great foil for O’Neill, giving us some of the best character exchanges through the series.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      I'm not being mean to Daniel when I say he's not exactly my favorite character. There have been many, many times I wanted to smack him upside the head (a Gibbs' head slap on NCIS).
      LOL, Jack does that to him verbally at times! That's what makes their character interaction so much fun to watch, the hardened special ops, often scathing irreverent Air Force Colonel really respecting the contribution the often excitable and emotional archaeologist brings to the team. He keeps him in line without being harsh or condescending.

Within the Serpent's Grasp was a great finale I agree, it's the one I remember stirring great emotion when SG-1 saw their home planet on the Goa'uld ship's viewscreen. It looked so small and helpless, the best cliff hanger in Stargate for me.

Then the great conclusion with the wonderful 'Serpent's Lair'. The interactions with Bra'tak were the highlights for me in this. His great reactions to what Teal'c described as the 'salvation of the galaxy' when he met the fabled 'Tau'ri' for the first time makes for an episode that is always great to rewatch. It was a great base on which a wonderful relationship of trust and respect was built over the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        I've really fallen out of the rewatch with one thing and another! It's gone too fast for me as I'm watching other stuff too and that RL that gets in the way!
        I'm probably going too fast. I suspect none is following in my footsteps and are probably lagging behind. I should balance my rewatches better to be fair. I put Voyager on hold, should continue where I left it hanging. That way I don't go as fast as I'm going right now with Stargate, cause I'm also doing a Firefly rewatch at the same time.

I've popped in on occasion to catch up with what people are posting, but never enough time to join in because so much has been posted in between visits!
        Hence why I tag my posts with the episode I've watched... if anyone wants to respond to it, they know what I'm referring to fairly easily.

I like how every rewatch brings up different things that catch peoples' attention.
        Second that.

For me the scene I always remember from this episode are the smoking shoes left behind after the prisoners are vaporised by the ‘kawoosh’!
        That certainly is memorable.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thor's Chariot

Two continuity errors to begin with...

A) when first SG1 arrived on this planet during Thor's Hammer the gate was in the middle of grassy plane. Not even close to any trees.

B) didn't Daniel hand the box over to Garwin at the end of Thor's Hammer, so why would Garwin state that Kendra told her of the box and throw it into the wormhole when she was the one it had been given to in the first place

... // ...

Anyhow, love this episode... I can overlook the errors but it does bother me somewhat.

My favorite Jaffa helmets -- the horus guards.

And we finally get to meet the real Thor! Yay!
          The look of Thor's chariot is pretty amazing too, just like in the myths.

The discovery that Sam can now use Goa'uld technology... "Wow, watch where you're pointing that thing!"

Comment

Thor's Chariot

Two continuity errors to begin with...

A) when first SG1 arrived on this planet during Thor's Hammer the gate was in the middle of grassy plane. Not even close to any trees.

B) didn't Daniel hand the box over to Garwin at the end of Thor's Hammer, so why would Garwin state that Kendra told her of the box and throw it into the wormhole when she was the one it had been given to in the first place... // ...

Anyhow, love this episode... I can overlook the errors but it does bother me somewhat.

My favorite Jaffa helmets -- the horus guards.

And we finally get to meet the real Thor! Yay!
            The look of Thor's chariot is pretty amazing too, just like in the myths.

The discovery that Sam can now use Goa'uld technology... "Wow, watch where you're pointing that thing!"
            I don't see it so much as a continuity error, but more that Kendra most likely told Gairwyn about it and what to do with it. So when Kendra was killed, Gairwyn took it home with her in the event it was ever needed.

In fact, if I remember correctly, Gairwyn told SG1 that Kendra had told her to "fly the box through the portal" if she ever needed help.
            Last edited by hedwig; 26 May 2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I did not realize before that episode that the kawoosh was that dangerous - I guess I missed the scene where that was explained, and since they all stand around casually near it quite often I had no impression of "whoa, that's lethal!" I mean really, they treat it like it might give them a mild shock or something instead of vaporizing them.

I'm probably going too fast. I suspect none is following in my footsteps and are probably lagging behind. I should balance my rewatches better to be fair. I put Voyager on hold, should continue where I left it hanging. That way I don't go as fast as I'm going right now with Stargate, cause I'm also doing a Firefly rewatch at the same time.
              I think we're the only ones watching Firefly if you want to put that on hold too. I didn't know anyone was doing Voyager - let me know when you start up again.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                I did not realize before that episode that the kawoosh was that dangerous - I guess I missed the scene where that was explained, and since they all stand around casually near it quite often I had no impression of "whoa, that's lethal!" I mean really, they treat it like it might give them a mild shock or something instead of vaporizing them.
                It vaporized the back of Kawalsky's skull in Enemy Within so I would say that the SGC is very well aware what the effects of the vortex are.

Anyone else might not, but I guess it would depend on their level of technological advancement.

I think we're the only ones watching Firefly if you want to put that on hold too. I didn't know anyone was doing Voyager - let me know when you start up again.
                Not putting anything on hold... I was just having a very busy week with my cousin's thesis project which needed graphic design input (and I'm the one they go to when that's needed).

No, there isn't an official Voyager rewatch going on, I'm just doing that on my own. I'm not involved in Star Trek fandom or anything.

Comment

That's the first visual I always get when I think of Prisoners. It's such a cartoony image, and it makes me laugh, even though it's horrible what happens to those people.

It's a strange episode, the idea behind the episode is good, and I always end up enjoying it when I watch it, but I always wind up only remembering a few things about it.

Comment

I don't look at the screen if I think something gross or violent is coming up, so maybe that's how I missed it. There are a lot of scenes of this show that I probably haven't (technically) watched yet!
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't look at the screen if I think something gross or violent is coming up, so maybe that's how I missed it. There are a lot of scenes of this show that I probably haven't (technically) watched yet!
                      The shoes aren't gross. They're just a pair of shoes, smoking on the stairs. We are to presume the feet are still in them when Teal'c mentions the wounds were burned shut. And they do pull up their noses in response.

Comment

The shoes aren't gross. They're just a pair of shoes, smoking on the stairs. We are to presume the feet are still in them when Teal'c mentions the wounds were burned shut. And they do pull up their noses in response.
                        No that wasn't too bad, but I must have looked away before seeing it vaporize the back of Kawalsky's skull.
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Message In A Bottle

Well, that was some message in a bottle.

Again not one of my favorite episodes really.

Graham is cute...
                            And Sergeant Davis' visible gulp at the end when the selfdestruct is aborted with mere seconds to spare.

"Undomesticated equines could not remove me." -- still makes me giggle.

Also, in the beginning in the wide shot there's no Malp rolling behind or in front of them. Nor is it behind or in front of them when they enter the structure. Carter mentions that something was emitting an EM-pulse, thus not knowing what is emitting the pulse. They decide to take the orb with them, Teal'c picks it up and poof, all of a sudden there's a Malp. It must have appeared out of nowhere.

I also caught myself trying to find camera crew in their visors' reflections.

Comment

No that wasn't too bad, but I must have looked away before seeing it vaporize the back of Kawalsky's skull.
                              You would have been safe, since it doesn't actually show that happening. We are just supposed to "know" that it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                You would have been safe, since it doesn't actually show that happening. We are just supposed to "know" that it happened.
                                They do show the back of his head, briefly anyway.

Family

Bra'tac at least wears real chainmail -- could be alluminium, that isn't as heavy as iron. LIKE!

Chris Judge made the foam rock move when he runs towards it to hide before they take out the two guards near the gate.

Story-wise I'm not too happy with it, but I could agree it's an emotional ep for Teal'c and we do learn what happened to his family since last time we saw them.

Comment

Working...
                                X