X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, thought I'd chip in too.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Within The Serpent's Grasp

Still as excited about this episode as I was when I first saw it, and I have seen it a few times now. SG1 go rogue to save the planet...
    This one of my favourite episodes, and I too still get excited whenever I watch it despite having seen it many times. I remember the first time I saw it back when it first aired (in Finland), I was about 10 years old and stayed up to watch it at 10.30 in the evening. I was so captivated I still remember the episode vividly. I didn't want to go to sleep because I had taped it and wanted to watch it again immediately, but as I recall, I didn't manage to get that much leeway. And how much did everyone want to see the next episode immediately? Boy, that was a long wait.

It's a thrilling episode, the way the team defies orders and goes through the gate in all black to save Earth. We get some new goa'uld tech, and there are some great lines in the episode too. Really like this one. Gives me a "happy, tingly feeling", the good kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sini View Post
      Hey all, thought I'd chip in too.
      Hop right in, I say...

And how much did everyone want to see the next episode immediately? Boy, that was a long wait.
      Not that very long - at least not as long as it took to download it.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not that very long - at least not as long as it took to download it.

Yep, and I'm very grateful for the DVDs. That break between seasons... I think the channel that showed Stargate here took almost year to start showing season two. It was awful.

Comment

Yep, and I'm very grateful for the DVDs. That break between seasons... I think the channel that showed Stargate here took almost year to start showing season two. It was awful.
          Same here -- good thing for DVD's.

Comment

Onwards to season 2...

Daniel's Death Tally so far...
            Season 1
            1 death
            1 fake death

Season 2
            1 almost death

**//**

The Serpent's Lair

Some great lines in this one, and of course Bra'tac hitting Jack on the nose, after he was already bitten in the hand by Carter. He really wasn't having the best of days...

This episode also sees the marvel of digitally adding a character after the decision was already made to kill them off - good thing they kept Skaara around after all.

And someone left their script notes lying around during the scene where Bra'tac hands the team back their weapons. Oopsies!

Spacemonkey!

Comment

In The Line Of Duty

This is an episode I really enjoy watching, even though in the grand scheme of things there's not much happening -- besides Carter being taken over by a Tok'ra and the Ashrak trying to kill Jolinar.

It mostly serves as a way to introduce us to the Tok'ra and what they are in terms of being Goa'uld but different (however it's not until a few episodes later that we'll learn how arrogant they really are -- looking forward to it though).

It's nice seeing Cassie -- especially when she's running towards Sam only then realizing the paint on her fingers. Sam would have some explaining to do to the SGC's laundry service.

Continuity-error occurs when Cassie goes to Sam at the end, the way Daniel, Jack and Janet are positioned switches between shots.
              And Teal'c swipes his keycard through the lock the wrong way when he leaves the cell-block. The magnetic strip's on the opposite side, so technically speaking that door shouldn't have opened at all.

Comment

I still wonder why Jorinar didn't try to explain more to Sam, or even let her do the talking. While Sam would still know that she was there, it probably would have helped her to understand.
                sigpic

Comment

Because it wouldn't have mattered, I think. They were convinced Jolinar was just another Goa'uld. The made up their minds before they were willing to listen, and Jolinar knew that pretty early on.

Comment

Prisoners

Nope, not one of my favorite episodes. Don't necessarily dislike it, but I don't like it either.

It has some funny lines, and funny moments but overall I'm not a fan of this episode.

However, for research sake... SG-9 is the diplomatic team.

And Bonnie Bartlett will always be Patience from Firefly for me -- "Didn't she shoot you?".

Comment

The Gamekeeper

Interesting episode with an intriguing idea as subject. However, I have to admit that reliving a traumatic event is not what I would call entertaining... not in the least.

Poor Daniel... he looks so hurt and you just wanna hug him and make it all better.

Jack does a good number on virtual Hammond.

And Dwight Schultz as the Keeper -- he's just way too hilarious not to love him.

Comment

The Gamekeeper
                        I had honestly forgotten how cheesy the Daniel scenario was. "Stop being silly Daniel, we're just standing underneath tons of rock on a rope - what could go wrong?"

Reliving a traumatic event would be awful enough, but where the gamekeeper really went wrong in his logic was thinking that being able to make it come out right would be a good thing. When actually, that would just mean you'd have to live with knowing you could have done something differently and saved people.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                          I had honestly forgotten how cheesy the Daniel scenario was. "Stop being silly Daniel, we're just standing underneath tons of rock on a rope - what could go wrong?"
                          Rocky walls that bounced back too... must have been some heavy foam.

Reliving a traumatic event would be awful enough, but where the gamekeeper really went wrong in his logic was thinking that being able to make it come out right would be a good thing. When actually, that would just mean you'd have to live with knowing you could have done something differently and saved people.
                          Damn, I didn't think about it that way... ...but you're right. That's even worse.

Comment

Need

Need, always brings a plethora of feelings bubbling to the service. Possibly what makes it such a powerful episode for me.

I really hate what that stupid, manipulative princess does to Daniel, and how she blackmails him into addiction. And then I really hate what addict!Daniel does to his friends, even though he can't help himself anymore. He does look like a real brat when he's been in the sarcophagus for 9 or 10 times, who needs a good kick up the mik'ta to come back down to Earth.

It's the first time we see Carter having a Jolinar-flashback. However, it's the first time Teal'c seems to indicate he can tell wether a person is a Goa'uld or not, even though he wasn't aware Jolinar was inside Sam. Was this negligence on the writer's part or am I mistaken in believing he too can sense the Goa'uld?

Some powerful acting on Michael's part though, that's always brilliant to watch.

Comment

Need
                              And then I really hate what addict!Daniel does to his friends, even though he can't help himself anymore.
                              The best thing about that was the slow buildup, because at first I was thinking "is it just me or is Daniel being an ass here?" And then he just keeps getting a little bit worse. Also I laugh just thinking about the expressions on the rest of their faces towards the end. "Oh, are you still in prison? Let me just finish this champagne and I'll see what I can do." *group stinkeye*
                              sigpic

Comment

Also I laugh just thinking about the expressions on the rest of their faces towards the end. "Oh, are you still in prison? Let me just finish this champagne and I'll see what I can do." *group stinkeye*
                                The way Carter looks when he mentions food... poor girl must have been so hungry.

I'm rather surprised really that Jack didn't try to strangle him right there and then. Somewhere Daniel must have realized what he was doing was wrong on so many levels, and yet his dark side prevailed.

I also caught myself almost yelling at him that he was still married to Sha're. You're a married man, Daniel!

And then I wanted to slap him senseless when he tells Sam she must never have known real love.

Comment

Working...
                                X