General viewing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    That is subjective. No matter how someone acts someone will find annoying. It is still not a spoiler according to the rules
    I think you should be more concerned about being respectful to a first-time viewer. Ya know, respect thy neighbor and all.

Comment

Of course. But since I have not been disrespectful to anyone your point makes no sense
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally Posted by Dr. D.
        Viewing order:

SG94
        SG1
        AoT
        Continuum
        SGA
        SGU

Keep it simple.

I'm enjoying watching from very start. Have never seen anything after SG1, thank you for information re correct order.
        Although every individual is different I prefer watching in correct order.
        Even lots of minor things in SG1 has made more sense as this is first time I've watched it this way instead of just watching whatever episode is on tv at any time

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Of course. But since I have not been disrespectful to anyone your point makes no sense
          Actually, you have been to Killersheep by telling him that...
          Spoiler:
          ...Ford was most likely dead and would not be returning.

He was a bit upset by you telling him this.

Originally posted by Susash View Post
          Originally Posted by Dr. D.
          Viewing order:

SG94
          SG1
          AoT
          Continuum
          SGA
          SGU

Keep it simple.

I'm enjoying watching from very start. Have never seen anything after SG1, thank you for information re correct order.
          Although every individual is different I prefer watching in correct order.
          Even lots of minor things in SG1 has made more sense as this is first time I've watched it this way instead of just watching whatever episode is on tv at any time
          Given that you're a first time viewer, I wouldn't wait until finished with SG-1 to start Atlantis. A lot of SGA events will be spoiled if you watch all of SG-1 first. As I've posted before many times (in various threads), this is the best viewing guide I can recommend...

Stargate (movie)
          SG-1 (Seasons 1-7)
          SG-1 (Season 8) / Atlantis (Season 1)
          SG-1 (Season 9) / Atlantis (Season 2)
          SG-1 (Season 10) / Atlantis (Season 3)
          The Ark of Truth / Continuum
          Atlantis (Seasons 4&5)
          Universe (Seasons 1&2)

You can alternate episodes or discs, but I'd recommend alternating seasons. You may want to start the next season before alternating to resolve the season finale cliffhanger. Ark of Truth was released a week after SGA's fourth season ended despite chronologically taking place beforehand. Continuum was released at the start of SGA's fifth season. Dialogue in the fifth season premiere depicts the movie as about to happen despite being filmed back to back with the first movie, unnecessarily setting the film a year after AoT and thus creating some unnecessary continuity issues regarding Carter and Teal'c.

Comment

Snowman, I tried replying to your PM, but I don't think I can send them yet (cause of Probie status)

Comment

Originally posted by Killersheep View Post
              Actually it is a spoiler. An undetermined result was revealed.

I guess I 'll come back here once I finish the series.

Last update Finshed SG-1 S9 Ep16 "off the grid" and SGA S2 Ep17 "Coup d'Etat"

Lost a week due to work travel, getting caught back up.

SG1 seems to be really losing steam these last few episodes. SGA seems very much in a "one off" realm ready to get back to the wraith involvement.

One last question, I am looking to buy the Stargate Universe series soon, I was wondering which versions to buy, I see Season 1, Season 1.5 and The complete final season. I didn't see a complete series anywhere.
              Definitley buy the season 1 complete set, it should be the same with the part season DVDs and I saw on amazon.co.uk a complete set of SG:U but I don't know if it's an option for you ! Wished I could watch the Stargate franchise for the first time again as well , have fun ! SG:U is my favorite show of the franchise !
              sigpic

Comment

Snowman, I tried replying to your PM, but I don't think I can send them yet (cause of Probie status)
                I think I got them, about to read them now... (I miss the notifier sometimes)

Comment

Cruisin through this now. Finished all of SG-1 regular episodes + Ark of Truth
                  Just finished SGA S.04 Ep. 17 Midway - really cool episode it was nice to see the contrast of Teal'C and Ronon. After I finish this season I will watch Continuum, then season 5 of SGA , then SGU. Don't think I will catch up with the forum Rewatches.

Comment

Watch Search and Rescue before Continuum
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

When you watch Continuum in regards to Atlantis is totally irrelevant. There is dialogue at the very end of "Search and Rescue" (Season 5 premiere) about an event in Continuum as about to happen. That was only written into the episode as the movie's release was delayed a year due to post production. Both movies were filmed right after the show ended, and they were both intended to be released before SGA began it's fourth season. Instead, Ark of Truth came out a week after SGA S4 ended despite taking place beforehand. There's no reason to set Continuum a year later when the film gives you the impression that it's taking place just weeks after the prior movie.

Killersheep, what do you think of SG-1 now that you've finished the series? Was it fun to finally get to see the SG-1 movie, Ark of Truth? Savor Continuum, it's the grand finale to SG-1. How are you enjoying Atlantis? Have you adjusted to the cast changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        When you watch Continuum in regards to Atlantis is totally irrelevant. There is dialogue at the very end of "Search and Rescue" (Season 5 premiere) about an event in Continuum as about to happen. That was only written into the episode as the movie's release was delayed a year due to post production. Both movies were filmed right after the show ended, and they were both intended to be released before SGA began it's fourth season. Instead, Ark of Truth came out a week after SGA S4 ended despite taking place beforehand. There's no reason to set Continuum a year later when the film gives you the impression that it's taking place just weeks after the prior movie.

Killersheep, what do you think of SG-1 now that you've finished the series? Was it fun to finally get to see the SG-1 movie, Ark of Truth? Savor Continuum, it's the grand finale to SG-1. How are you enjoying Atlantis? Have you adjusted to the cast changes?
                        I loved SG-1, I feel like I accomplished something getting through the series without having any defective DVDs (which I have read were a big issue with the collection). I find a lot of problems could have been solved by following simple guidelines

1. Don't take that seeming innocuous item back through the gate.
                        2. Grab the weapon from that guard/soldier you just knocked out.

I do look forward to watching Continuum, just to get some more closure. As for the cast changes in Atlantis, I am slowly getting use to them, something that always blows my mind is simply how many actors in both series went on to have major roles in other sci-fi series.

Comment

okay all done. Finished SG-1, SGA, SGU, and the Movies.

Comment

SGU was and still is awesome. A shame the general public didn't see that
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

okay all done. Finished SG-1, SGA, SGU, and the Movies.
                              You've seen more than me. I never got past the SGU episode "Air, Part 3." Now that you've seen it all, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                                You've seen more than me. I never got past the SGU episode "Air, Part 3." Now that you've seen it all, what do you think?
                                I loved it all. I think SGU was definitely just hitting it's stride when it got canned.

Comment

Working...
                                X