Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CotG/Avenger 2.0 Inconsistancy and a possible soultion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
    Well you could have just said that!!
    well when i wrote that particular post i wasnt remembering what you had said exactly in your first post, other wise i would have, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by System Lord Anubis
      Actually I discovered in the RPG Sourcebook for the Goa'uld that it is suggested Ra had taken one as a host to escape from his Asgard pursuers. I'll type it up:

As in Star Wars, that's a cannon source unless they contradict it on the show. I believe it is hinted at that he came to Earth with an Asgard host because his Unas body was injured. Remember Unas didn't work well with sarcophagus technology and they were dying from it. That's why they changed hosts to be humans. I just felt the need to address that because it was a long-standing issue on here a while back.
      The RPG books are not, repeat, ARE NOT CANON!!!

They get so many things wrong, it's not funny. Have you read what they say about Jaffa? It's not canon because it's not in the show. That's what canon is. It's what's in the show. Can I say that Chevron Guy attends rodeos every week and cheats using a Zat? Because that's canon unless they contradict it in the show

Comment

Originally posted by System Lord Anubis
        Alright, but I consider the RPG books for SG-1 cannon though. Seeing how it's the only officially licensed thing out there that gives explinations for things that aren't completely fan created. (I.E. The movie taking place in an alternate universe.)
        Think what you want, but I don't want you spouting that nonscence as fact.

Comment

Someone refresh my memory, how did they dial the gate back to Earth in the movie if they didn't use a DHD?

Originally posted by Teal'c
          I don't want you spouting that nonscence as fact.
          As opposed to the rest of us, who are talking about solid scientific principles such as wormhole physics and stargate addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by evan
            Someone refresh my memory, how did they dial the gate back to Earth in the movie if they didn't use a DHD?
            they never showed them actually dialing back home, its assumed they just did a manual dial

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
              So whatja thin? Any major flaws? Minor flaws? or is it all just completely wrong?
              ... the DHD was buried and hidden during the first trip to Abidos. Unable to communicate with the gate, it was unable to obtain any system updates. The only reason that they were able to dial Earth again in the movie is because Ra's ship provided power to the gate and then they could have manually dialed.

Of course the real inconsistency is changes from the movie to the tv show. But why not find a good way to explain it?

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                The only reason that they were able to dial Earth again in the movie is because Ra's ship provided power to the gate and then they could have manually dialed.
                how do you figure Ra's ship provided power to the gate?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  I think that in CotG the addresses were still treated pretty much coordinates, while by The Lost City they are clearly not only more like the SGC's reference numbers, but in fact relate directly to the Ancient name for the world.
                  I think that we discovered that the Ancients had given names to the symbols on the gate. And the serious of symbols gave it its name, not the other way around for example if a gate address was(Forgive the fact my keyboard has english letter and not gate symbols) F.R.A.N.C.E. the place would be called france because those were they symbols to enter and not the address was chosen because of the name of the place.

now when the the DHD update every hundred years or so, they say to each other, okay now this point in space has moved x in direction y from original position, so when the team enters the address for a planet the DHDs know where to go.

Comment

Working...
                  X