Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you ever imagine Daniel Jackson with different glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a very difficult time getting used to his new glasses in season 10! Personally, though, I think Daniel should just switch to contacts. The geeky look is pretty cute with his round glasses, but I think he looks even better without any glasses at all. I suppose the season 10 glasses will grow on me eventually, but it will take a while.

Anyone ever wonder how he managed to keep the same pair through the first 9 seasons? It's not like he has a career that is easy on glasses! Not to mention that most of the time when a Goa'uld captures SG-1, they seem to like confiscating Daniel's specks. I can just see it now - as they are making their prison break and Jack wants to head straight to the ring room, Daniel running after him yelling, "No, wait Jack, we can't leave yet, we have to find my glasses!"
    Signature by Glitch33.
    sigpic
    Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
      I have had a very difficult time getting used to his new glasses in season 10! Personally, though, I think Daniel should just switch to contacts. The geeky look is pretty cute with his round glasses, but I think he looks even better without any glasses at all. I suppose the season 10 glasses will grow on me eventually, but it will take a while.

Anyone ever wonder how he managed to keep the same pair through the first 9 seasons? It's not like he has a career that is easy on glasses! Not to mention that most of the time when a Goa'uld captures SG-1, they seem to like confiscating Daniel's specks. I can just see it now - as they are making their prison break and Jack wants to head straight to the ring room, Daniel running after him yelling, "No, wait Jack, we can't leave yet, we have to find my glasses!"
      hahahaha yeah! And more then once we could clearly see that his glasses got crushed or lost during a fight! he must have had a whole draw full
      sigpic
      â—˜Fanfictionâ—˜Youtubeâ—˜

Comment

Originally posted by spider.man View Post
        Could you ever imagine Daniel Jackson with different glasses?

I DEFIANTLY couldn't!
        one of my Stargate obsessed friends, and I were talking about this today, and she thinks that he would look much better with more modern glasses.. What does everybody else think?
        What's so defiant about it?
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

hahahaha yeah! And more then once we could clearly see that his glasses got crushed or lost during a fight! he must have had a whole draw full
          He must have spent a fortune on buying umpteen million pairs of glasses. I wonder if he got to bill the Air Force for the loss of personal property when they got broken/taken on various missions?
          Signature by Glitch33.
          sigpic
          Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
            He must have spent a fortune on buying umpteen million pairs of glasses. I wonder if he got to bill the Air Force for the loss of personal property when they got broken/taken on various missions?
            I bet you the Air Force keeps several pairs on reserve for those lovely moments. 'Cause you know, your peoples have got to be able to see. He looks good with or with out, I really don't care!
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I am alwaysglad to watch an ep where he's not wearing them. Glasses are distracting from his beautiful eyes. Gosh, I'm all fan girly lol

Comment

haha I agree!!! if only he didn't wear them at all! I love the episode with the Lucian alliance, where he is wearing not only no glasses, but leather as well!!
                sigpic
                â—˜Fanfictionâ—˜Youtubeâ—˜

Comment

haha I agree!!! if only he didn't wear them at all! I love the episode with the Lucian alliance, where he is wearing not only no glasses, but leather as well!
                  I have a feeling that is a WHOLE other thread that maybe should be explored!!!!!

Personally I love Him with the glasses on, and I'm not fussy which one, I think they all look great.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I like the new frames he gets in Season 10. They look a lot better and less geeky. I tell you, if my frames were like what Daniel has through the first 9 years and I had no other options I'd look into get laser eye surgery ASAP. Thank God for the much better looking frames we have. (Though I have to agree with spider.man about his "2010" glasses. I did not like those at all.)

Comment

Daniel in "2010" wore several different pairs of glasses...spy guy in the Gateroom museum, and let us not forget those he wore when the Sun was beeping and when he was shot down in the final scenes. Should I be putting a spoiler alert here?
                      Anyway, the way he looked in the S10 ep in the library scene of "Bounty," well, those glasses are fine by me! :-)
                      Also, does anyone else think the Danny glasses from S1-7 are different from S8-9? Notice where they are positioned and how they cover his eyebrows more in the later seasons, while they cover more of his cheek in the earlier eps. Least I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
                        Also, does anyone else think the Danny glasses from S1-7 are different from S8-9? Notice where they are positioned and how they cover his eyebrows more in the later seasons, while they cover more of his cheek in the earlier eps. Least I think so.
                        I think they were different but that is mainly because the frames changed I think, in the early seasons that were very deep round frames, they slowly got smaller as the seasons went on.

Must admit although I quite liked all the glasses, the ones in the later seasons were definately more suited to him.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Its the Spader look slowly getting phased off to Michael Shanks look.

And I think we all agree Shanks > Spader.

Comment

Oh yeah, without a doubt Vanek. He looks cute in the round glasses, but much better without any, even if the later seasons glasses are okay. It's unfortunate that Daniel's character just emphasizes the old stereotype of glasses being geeky. Not that there's anything wrong with geeky but I hate that stereotype.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vanek26 View Post
                              And I think we all agree Shanks > Spader.
                              Most of us. There's a poll about that somewhere....

Comment

I was wrong, it's not a poll.

Comment

Working...
                                X