Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a long time since I've seen Voyager, but I only remember one ep with Janeway in machine gun mode. Something about aliens taking over the ship and Janeway being the only one left to fight them. Sam, on the other hand, could be kicking ass like that all the time if the writer's would let her.

Later,
    Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
      If Sam's wounded and recovering from extensive injuries, that takes care of the absence problem without threatening her command. And it would respect her character if the injuries represented some heroic action.

Later,
      Graculus
      That would be interesting. And, let's say, they want BB to eventually take over Sg1; they could have Sam's injuries not heal correctly (permanently bad leg), so she eventually has to pull out of gate travel.

Sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam could eventually run Alpha Site. It will be a major site for scientific research until the inevitable catastrophe that destroys the Earth.

Later,
        Graculus

Comment

Remember we dont know everythign about this character yet. He may be more then suitable for the job then we are first made aware. We also know that we will learn more about him gradually and why he is on the team. Don't hate him straight off the bat because we don't know eveything - give tptb time to explain it to us (and hope to God that they do it well!)
          THOR: It was your stupid idea Major Carter.

Comment

According to the poll, the majority of people here are enthusiastic about BB, and most of the remainder just want to wait and see what happens. I think the only cause for grouchiness, as expressed by the topic of this thread, is the possibility that BB's character might steal Sam's command. I think the chances of that are ridiculously slim, though.

Later,
            Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              I adored Janeway (was my fave character on Voyager), but she's also NO Sam Carter. Janeway never had an alien take over her body and have it die (and leave memories) inside her. Janeway never had her 'soul' transferred into a computer. Janeway never... Janeway's not Sam Carter.

I think Sam's been showing her worth for years, but I'd *really* like to see her in complete command mode, and the writers haven't given her that chance yet. If BB's character takes this away from Sam... then that'll be icky poopy.

Sally
              And Sam never set a collision course like Janeway did and actually went through with it when she slammed Voyager into the Temporal ship in 'The Year Of HellPart 2'.
              No way Sam could ever do in the Borg Queen like Janeway did in Endgame!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                from cotg

Kawalsky: But of course you go by "Sam."

Carter: (chuckles) You don't have to worry, Major. I played with dolls when
                I was a kid.

Kawalsky: G.I. Joe?

Carter: No. Major Matt Mason.

Kawalsky: Oh... (to Ferretti) Who?

Ferretti: Major Matt Mason, astronaut doll. Did you have that cool little
                backpack that made him fly?

and we even get to see matt mason in the devil you know. look behind sam during her flashback, there's an astronaut doll standing on a shelf

Hmm I swear I didn't see that. I'll go look at the DVD again but I'm positive those lines weren't there. If I remember correctly, the whole dialogue stopped after after the whole "Don't worry I played with dolls as a kid" bit.

I'd have to assume that this particular toy was only released in the US and Canada - never heard of it here.

Maybe those lines where there, but again not knowing who/what a Matt Mason doll was I probably didn't take much notice. Having aid that though if I heard the full name of someone I worked with I would take notice so hmmm.

Oh yeah should point out I'm talking about region 4 DVD

Comment

I don't remember those lines either, which make me suspect they are part of the uncut Showtime version of COTG or on the DVD. There are definitely some scenes cut in the Sci Fi version. For instance, Jack gets Daniel drunk on one beer, launching the legend of Daniel's low tolerance for alcohol.

Later,
                  Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    amanda has said her pregnancy will not be reflected on the show
                    I didn't mean in season 9, particularly. Just generally 'in the future...' whatever that future may be. She strikes me as the kind of character to plan that kind of thing in advance.
                    Plus, when Atlantis came out they said they wouldn't be looking to do crossover episodes and the S9
                    Spoiler:
                    seem to indicate they've gone back on that
                    So they might fall back on that plotline well after the actress's actual pregnancy is long over...
                    It was just a thought as to why the character would want to be replaced as commander, anyway, given the nature of most of her speculation regarding her future.

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
                      I don't remember those lines either, which make me suspect they are part of the uncut Showtime version of COTG or on the DVD. There are definitely some scenes cut in the Sci Fi version. For instance, Jack gets Daniel drunk on one beer, launching the legend of Daniel's low tolerance for alcohol.

Later,
                      Graculus

maybe scifi has cut stuff for commercials, but those lines are in there. never seen the cotg region 2 dvd's, but tehy are in the region one ones, and the original broadcast
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In terms of military protocol, Browder's character would outrank Carter due to time in grade. That doesn't mean he should lead the SG-1 team, though. His character is supposed to be a pilot but there hasn't been any discussion as to his experience with command of ground troops. That might be something that needs to be explored before it's determined who will be the leader of the SG-1 group.
                        The difficult we do immediately.
                        The impossible takes a little longer.

Comment

If you bring in a stranger to the SGC wouldn't it be like the new General in "Chain Reaction"?
                          A person with no experiance or knowledge in the SGC in command of a major section of the SGC.
                          So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                          And we never even know we have the key.
                          Already Gone---------
                          The Eagles-----------

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                            (I think Americans spell queue as cue.)
                            Only Americans (and Canadians) that don't know how to spell. Queue here is the same as queue there.

"cue" on the other hand, refers to either the wooden stick used to play billiards/pool, or a signal often used in theatre, ie: "You're on! That's your cue!"

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              And, let's say, they want BB to eventually take over Sg1; they could have Sam's injuries not heal correctly (permanently bad leg), so she eventually has to pull out of gate travel.

Sally
                              Let's not go down that road.
                              No permanent injuries for Sam. I'd like the heroic injury someone mentioned a few posts back to explain her temporary absence, but I want her back at full steam.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper
                                In terms of military protocol, Browder's character would outrank Carter due to time in grade.
                                I still don't understand why people are assuming BB's character has a longer time in grade than Carter. Not trying to be difficult - I'm just trying to find out where this evidence is coming from.

Later,
                                Graculus

Comment

Working...
                                X