No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As usual, Mcoy has put it more eloquently than I can.

As to the Tka, they do affect galactic affairs, and I must apologize for not having written those stories yet.
    Mcoy, you should get a PM shortly because I think we talked about some sort of espionage arc possibility between the Tka and Shrin'Yar and I think we need to talk about it a bit more first.

Comment

I see where you're coming from Mcoy, and what you say makes a lot of sense.

I do and do not agree with you. What I do agree with you on is that, yes, we do need to work with what we got. And that is the very thing I'm going to be doing because I've already begun a few character drafts of several Tau'ri characters that I want to introduce. I also would like to give Earth's colony the spot light too.

As for the LA, I've always wanted to write a story for them. I'm sure Killman would mind I hope, lol.

But what I don't agree with (as you probably foresaw this one coming) is that there shouldn't be anything else new until after the meta-arc. Yes, the Ascendancy sounds such and such, their all big and so on and so forth. Until I finish this chapter for them, then you guys can really say what you guys think about them. For now, all I ask is that you guys give these guys a chance and wait and see what I've got cooking in the pot.

I'm brushing up more on their history and adding in several adjustments. I'm trying to make their technology at least worth while and that can help out this fleet.

So yea... that's pretty much all I have to say for now, lol.
      sigpic
      You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

As for the LA, I've always wanted to write a story for them. I'm sure Killman would mind I hope, lol.
        i don't mind. would like a beta read tho.

But what I don't agree with (as you probably foresaw this one coming) is that there shouldn't be anything else new until after the meta-arc. Yes, the Ascendancy sounds such and such, their all big and so on and so forth. Until I finish this chapter for them, then you guys can really say what you guys think about them. For now, all I ask is that you guys give these guys a chance and wait and see what I've got cooking in the pot.

I'm brushing up more on their history and adding in several adjustments. I'm trying to make their technology at least worth while and that can help out this fleet.

So yea... that's pretty much all I have to say for now, lol.
        my problem is that they're just a race. a wildcard, but there is no real... interesting aspect to them.

i use the Lucian Alliance to tie up the necessary loose ends, explore what happened to the Goauld's treasure when they were defeated, and i explore what the limitations are of such technology

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          i don't mind. would like a beta read tho.

my problem is that they're just a race. a wildcard, but there is no real... interesting aspect to them.

i use the Lucian Alliance to tie up the necessary loose ends, explore what happened to the Goauld's treasure when they were defeated, and i explore what the limitations are of such technology
          You got it bro. I'll send you a link so you can beta read.

IMPORTANT QUESTION GUYS: WHO CAN READ ADOBE PDFs? If you can, please click this link to test whether or not you have the version that I have installed to test whether or not you see/view the PDF. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Also guys, I need you all to provide me with the names of the files that you guys have since published on the wiki. This is very important. I need the titles as soon as possible. Yes I know I can find the articles, but I want to make sure I HAVE all of them so I don't leave any out. I'm working on linking pages to their appropriate categories and such. Ya feel me? Aight, cool.

TO EVERYONE:

Okay so, the first story I'm going to be posting soon is all completely Tau'ri related. The Ascendancy has nothing to do with this story. Per reviewing what Mcoy said yesterday, like I said I take to mind everything that you guys say and think and try to come up with a satisfied solution, I'm still debating on whether or not continuing with the Ascendancy. I may or may not decide to do so. If not, so be it. If you guys really believe that we should run with what we have thus far, I completely understand and wouldn't mind whatsoever. I'm still debating on if I want to continue with the Ascendancy and save them for the future, which there is strong possibility that I might do. Really, it just depends on when I can get this first story finished and then I'll decide after that if its worth me ceasing production on the Ascendancy.

SOO... YEA... OH! Guys, check this badass vid out. Its "Feel Good - MODSTEP" by UKF Dubstep. Its bloody brilliant. The guy with the pokemon ball is rad at 2:18.
          sigpic
          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I can see it Mike, can I just say welcome back .
            On that note, what have I missed, been really busy finding out what makes the Sun tick and submitting my master's thesis on the x-ray environments of radio galaxies. I'm halfway through my next big story which involves Destiny (I may include references to their time in stasis just to give it a link to the series).

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mike David View Post
              IMPORTANT QUESTION GUYS: WHO CAN READ ADOBE PDFs? If you can, please click this link to test whether or not you have the version that I have installed to test whether or not you see/view the PDF. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
              I can see it. I'd be surprised if I couldn't ...

Also guys, I need you all to provide me with the names of the files that you guys have since published on the wiki. This is very important. I need the titles as soon as possible. Yes I know I can find the articles, but I want to make sure I HAVE all of them so I don't leave any out. I'm working on linking pages to their appropriate categories and such. Ya feel me? Aight, cool.
              Hmm, don't think I've added anything to the wiki, so I should be good here.

TO EVERYONE:

... I'm still debating on if I want to continue with the Ascendancy and save them for the future, which there is strong possibility that I might do. ...
              This is what I would suggest. There's nothing strictly wrong with introducing a new card, I just think waiting would be better. I think that was one of the problems 3.0 had; we just kept brainstorming new ideas and shoving them in, and so the story never got anywhere. If we'd waited and introduced new elements (Shrin'yar, Navos, Crysalix, etc.) after the Reaper arc had been done, we might still be writing in that continuity.
              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. Haha, thanks man I appreciate it.

Haha, NICE!
                Is the destiny apart of this fleet? Have we decided whether or not the Destiny return home?

Oh you didn't miss much. I've been working on the Wiki (gwvf.wikia.com) for everyone since I'm a hoss like that. Umm, I've been think about introducing a race of mine called the Stars Ascendancy, but I may wait in the future to do so, since some peeps don't feel comfortable with adding a new race to the mix because they believe that we should work with what we have, and it makes sense (Mcoy said this btw), so yea. ATM, I'm writing an introducing to my Tau'ri characters that will be conducting an operation against the Lucian Alliance. Its badass thus far, haha. Lots of action.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                  I can see it. I'd be surprised if I couldn't ...
                  Excellent. Haha, right.

Hmm, don't think I've added anything to the wiki, so I should be good here.
                  Cool, thanks.

This is what I would suggest. There's nothing strictly wrong with introducing a new card, I just think waiting would be better. I think that was one of the problems 3.0 had; we just kept brainstorming new ideas and shoving them in, and so the story never got anywhere. If we'd waited and introduced new elements (Shrin'yar, Navos, Crysalix, etc.) after the Reaper arc had been done, we might still be writing in that continuity.
                  Yea you make a great point. I think I've already decided to place the Ascendancy on pause and focus on my Tau'ri/Alliance story arc. Sound good mate?
                  sigpic

Comment

Sounds good.
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, Mcoy, check this:

For my story, can I introduced a newly created BBG-310 Athens-class Guided Missile Battleship? I plan on explaining when and why it was produced as quickly as it was and such.

One of my main characters also explains that a new BBC-320 Victory-class ship and a BC-304 Daedalus class deep space carrier are under construction and will be complete at some point.

Is that good?

Also, do you mind if I mention that Brig. Gen. Catherine Hayden is promoted to Maj. Gen?
                      sigpic

Comment

i myself plan to include Destiny in my next chapter.

MMD: there are 17 Lucian Lords and so far, 5 are known. so you have plenty of room to introduce some of your own

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          i myself plan to include Destiny in my next chapter.

MMD: there are 17 Lucian Lords and so far, 5 are known. so you have plenty of room to introduce some of your own
                          Bloody excellent! Thanks mate. Btw, I plan on introducing some new Lucian tech and organization into their military.

Btw, can you link me to all your LA stories/chapters please? I'd really appreciate it bro. Thanks.

Btw, can anyone tell me what type of ship is the Victory-class? I presume its a Battleship, but what type of battleship?
                          sigpic

Comment

Victory is a battlecarrier -- there's only one finished. And while a 304 could conceivably be introduced, a 320 and a 310 is a bit much; we're trying to keep the logistics sensible, and the planned ships are pretty much all we've got (so NO EASY KILLS on Tau'ri ships -- don't waste 'em! ).

Why not use the Troy, from the reserve fleet, for the 310? Someone else was using it in a later story, but as long as you don't blow it up you should be fine... As for the 320, can you do without it?

Hayden's rank should be fine... why change it?

'killman; you introduced some new lords in your latest additions, don't forget them. And Yeminai, from my story, is also absent from the wiki page.

And in your chapter; the airlocking. DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH IN A VACUUM. That would kill them from the pressure difference! The best thing to do is what Carter tells O'Neill in the episode when they're on Thor's ship; hyperventilate, then breathe out as much as possible. Purge your lungs. Oh, and there would be trauma, and surface-level damage to capillaries.
                            sigpic

Comment

Also, there's already a Victory-class ship in the Scoria fleet that will be introduced in the story I'm currently writing.
                              To add: it was the one that was already under construction in the fleet list.

Comment

That's the 1st Fleet, right? So, the Dreadnought?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X