Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amann View Post
    probably way more jaffa than 20 billion......probably a few trillion anyway. The galaxy is big with millions of worlds
    Yes they Jaffa population would be way bigger. But I dont think there would be a few trillion. They are spread out over the galaxy, instead of concentrated on a few planets (each jaffa world probibly only has a few million). Also the Human population would be bigger than Earth's but it wouldn't be massive. Most of Humanity across the galaxy has been living in the Dark ages (except for those few advanced planets) so they would be between 100,000 to 100 million (which isn't that many people) for each planet

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

90% of all human population would be concentrated on a few words. Earth, Tagrea, race from The Other Side, race with people working under the surface, Hebridans would account for over 10 billion alone, and every other earth-like planet we found out there would account for serveral billion. all farm worlds ETC have never been shown to have that many people.

as to jaffa, Sokar's homeworld was quite advanced, Dakara had a massive city, and perhaps some more. Jaffa Population however is MASSIVELY spread out.

a trillion is only possible if every encountered world would be advanced. that's not true. the vast majority of planets is barely if not inhabited. the majority of inhabited planets appears to be simple farmer level, and by looking at earth, i can safely say their numbers would have a small impact.

jaffa have a few dozen billion, humans outnumber the jaffa.

Comment

The galaxy is big with millions of worlds
        not in SG. there are a few thousand worlds inhabitable. the ancient adresses were several thousands, the Abydos adresses were hundreds if not a few thousand. 10 000 worlds would be a lot. over 60-70% of those worlds would be adresses unknown to the goauld or at least to Ra. meaning probably no jaffa. that means 3000-4000 worlds for the System Lords, of which the vast majority is a human/alien world, not even jaffa!

Comment

i agree

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Well I'm back and ready to say what I think

First what is Golden Dawn?

Secondly I think 5 nations for the jaffa would be good if not more of them, as there is lots of room for other jaffa nations to be made, plus we have to remember that the jaffa have been fighting each other for centuries so they probably won't just hold hands and be ok with just a few governing bodies, I mean they might come together in support of one another or they might only think that Ba'al jaffa are superior and make their own nation or some other goa'uld jaffa ban with one another

Next I think the Jaffa should have at least a population of 50 billion spread over numerous worlds in the Milky Way

Also I think we should keep Asgard shields, sensors, beam tech and hyperdrives and just say that the Jontar put a virus into the our systems to eliminate any asagrd tech in our own databases but luckily a scientist was able to keep some asgard tech secure but I am highly against Asgard beam weapons

Also I was thinking of writing for one of the jaffa nations so I will just put my name into a hat for them

Finally I don't know what I think about the Alesians as once again I don't know what Golden Dawn is, but I'm not to in favor of another ancient race but I will wait till I know more about them
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post

Secondly I think 5 nations for the jaffa would be good if not more of them, as there is lots of room for other jaffa nations to be made, plus we have to remember that the jaffa have been fighting each other for centuries so they probably won't just hold hands and be ok with just a few governing bodies, I mean they might come together in support of one another or they might only think that Ba'al jaffa are superior and make their own nation or some other goa'uld jaffa ban with one another

Next I think the Jaffa should have at least a population of 50 billion spread over numerous worlds in the Milky Way

Also I think we should keep Asgard shields, sensors, beam tech and hyperdrives and just say that the Jontar put a virus into the our systems to eliminate any asagrd tech in our own databases but luckily a scientist was able to keep some asgard tech secure but I am highly against Asgard beam weapons

Also I was thinking of writing for one of the jaffa nations so I will just put my name into a hat for them

Finally I don't know what I think about the Alesians as once again I don't know what Golden Dawn is, but I'm not to in favor of another ancient race but I will wait till I know more about them

Golden Dawn is my fic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

it is long, but I think you might like it It is fairly rough in the beginning since it was my first story to write
              sigpic

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post

at first you say we should keep the beam weapons shields and hyperdrves adn all, but later on you say we should lose the beam weapons?!, what is that for an argument, you contradict yourself. Besides it was agreed up on by vote. I did not vote ether for I was doing other things, you lost the opportunity to change that again for then we will be once again BACK TO SCRATCH!

As to those Alesians, I said: "If they do not have any real possibility to be a threat and are like they were at the BIGINNING of Golden Dawn, then yes they could come, but we do not need to have them do the same thing as they did in Golden Dawn, changing their attitude and being a real danger to everyone. So the Alesians may have enough ships to protect their one or two planets in Avalon(MW) and Pegasus. They COULD be allies of the Asgard Remnant in a search to finding the other revived Asgard. A side story race, which in the long run could perhaps become interesting, an interesting enemy or ally.

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Comment

The idea is that the Alesians might not have expanded much in their current reign like they did in GD, but rather, they only have a few planets and not alot of ships or a powerful military. Perhaps Alesia, the planet Telara insystem to Alesia, and perhaps one other colony.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                    at first you say we should keep the beam weapons shields and hyperdrves adn all, but later on you say we should lose the beam weapons?!, what is that for an argument, you contradict yourself. Besides it was agreed up on by vote. I did not vote ether for I was doing other things, you lost the opportunity to change that again for then we will be once again BACK TO SCRATCH!
                    You do realize I meant beams as in teleportation tech of the asgard and not the beam weapons right?
                    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic
                    So whats the worst that could happen?
                    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

If I misread, I am sorry, I just woke up. Since beam tech is pretty common nowadays (since even goa'uld ships have that tech now) taking it is rather pointless. Besides with the 'blocks on' we cannot even beam warheads. Good thing Hermiod found a way around that xd

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                        The idea is that the Alesians might not have expanded much in their current reign like they did in GD, but rather, they only have a few planets and not alot of ships or a powerful military. Perhaps Alesia, the planet Telara insystem to Alesia, and perhaps one other colony.
                        Personly i think the Alesians would be an interesting race. Given that they are powerfull but low in numbers, they could be similar to the Asgard (Bluffing the goa'uld into thinking they can fight them). but when the secret is out you could have the whole galaxy going up in arms and wars breaking out left right and centre.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

indeed, thus they would have to play politics subtle, just enough to keep everyone away from them but not too obvious as to make the universe unite and fight them or even turn on them.

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

indeed. I could play politics well hehe.......and I am writing a new Golden Dawn chapter.....was surprised to see only 3 reviews for Chapter 44 lol
                            sigpic

Comment

but Amann could you post a history and so of your Alesians, that way there will be no doubt

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                                but Amann could you post a history and so of your Alesians, that way there will be no doubt
                                I could post the timeline I posted in fanfic....but hmmm, a history of them....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X