No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

except when a stray missile hits a planet and takes half a continent with it. oh and nevermind someone shooting a 500GT nuke at us and subsequently permanently annihilating life

Comment

Go back Killman and watch the ep with the gaould buster: the weapon they use goes from 375kT > 1000MT, that's an increase of what you said.

Comment

hey let's pull out 3 shot disintegration again too

Comment

i think we sould take a vote because niver side is going to move

Comment

i think 2, perhaps 5 GT is sufficient to stick to canon. also it's a pretty big bang regardless

Comment

No it isn't. If canon says that everything is vaporised within 100 miles and the energy comes out at 136GT, then it's 136GT, not anything else. Sorry but in my field if the evidence points to a figure, then that's the figure. There's no good someone saying the mass of the sun is 2x10^30kg with evidence and someone else saying oh no it's 2x10^27kg because I don't like 2x10^30kg. The evidence points to 2x10^30kg so that is the mass of the sun. The same thing applies here.

Comment

well except that when i made my little "recap" thing, i left Beachhead out.

Comment

Do I really have to point out that that was a one-man "dictum from god" that was never voted on or even really discussed? It's not really good back-up.

EDIT: And why not have three-shot disintegration?
                  sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    well except that when i made my little "recap" thing, i left Beachhead out.
                    Why did you leave out beachhead? I can understand events after and including unending but not before that. Also, can you point me to it.

Comment

And why not have three-shot disintegration?
                      it was retconned. that's the point.

also i believe i posted it and recieved no criticism.

also, the "recap" i made excluded all ori things, including Beachhead.

Comment

I'd have to say, its size of the thing that makes me horrified. It was about the size of a person. Bombs that powerful should be bigger. Someone could just say, lets make a tt nuke that's ten times bigger. Davidt your right about the maths behind it, but can't it be a lot bigger?

Also, what's the L, W & H of the generators, engines, weapons ect.
                        Last edited by Experiment 442; 01 June 2010, 11:09 AM.
                        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                        sigpic

Comment

What we saw in beachhead was just the warhead, the delivery system will be much taller. Could make a TT nuke, but let's not go there. I'm not even going to try and guess the dimensions of equipment.

Comment

Gaaahhhhh I'm not following all of this???????

Can anyone make this simpler? 54 pages and we're still working things out. Let's just get started on something concrete and work out the nitty gritty details as we progress.
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

They are arguing over the size of the warheads now some people think it should be bigger on the size of the payload and some want to stay with the cannon

I said on the last pace I wish to vote on the matters

Comment

check if you're fine with this or not:

Stargate: Recap.

SGA:

during the events of Lifeline, a ZPM is succesfully stolen. however there's an opportunity. the code to reactivate the Asurans's Wraith Attack Code and Ancient-non-agression code. though successfully enacted, and expanded to not harm humans as well, the ZPM was lost. Weir however, was saved.

the City of atlantis, almost out of power and severely damaged, has been discovered by the Apollo (which also saved Sheppard's team from Asuras). the city is abandoned, using it's ZPM to dial home. Weir, due to the Nanites, has to be left behind in stasis. the air is then vented and the heating turned off, and the ZPM unplugged, leaving her permanently in the ice. Ronon and Teyla stay in the Pegasus Galaxy.

SG1:

-after Moeibius, the galaxy is relatively calm. the Lucian Alliance however grows in strenght, while the FJN only looses power due to infighting and propaganda and corruption.

season 9:
                                -Avalon Happens. the ori have been defeated by the Others however, just the humans remain.
                                -Ties that Bind happens.
                                -Ex deus machina happens.
                                -Babylon happens
                                -Prototype happens.
                                -Collateral damage
                                -ripple effect.
                                -Stronghold happens.
                                -Off the grid
                                -the Prometheus is destroyed over Tagrea, in events similar to Ethon. an elaborate trap of the Lucian Alliance defeats the craft. though most of the crew is saved and uses the Tagrean stargate to get home, the Tagreans wipe themselves and the LA operatives out via weapons bought from the LA.
                                -the Kolorev is destroyed in a major battle with the LA.

Season 10:

-Morpheus
                                -Insiders
                                -uninvited
                                -Memento Mori
                                -Company of Thieves
                                -Road Not taken *ori replaced by LA*
                                -bounty
                                -bad guys
                                -talion
                                -family ties.

-the asgard die/ contact is lost and their homeworld is blown to bits. with the Asgard gone, no hope of building asgard tech is left.

"season 11".

-Asgard technology is still incorporated into BC-304's up to the Sun Tzu (we had a small supply of stuff left.). the Deadalus, Odyssey, Apollo, Hammond and Sun Tzu are the ships carrying Asgard Technology. the last batch of asgard technology was sent to Area 51 for study. Generation 2 technology is used on the Bc-304's after them. for 3 years BC-304 production is suspended to allow the design and production of the Generation II technology.
                                -the war with the LA continues.
                                -continuum happens
                                -SGA "outcast" happens, sans atlantis Etc. Replicator Technology is henceforth determined forbidden and is abandoned.

"Season 12"
                                -many planets leave the FJN and choose to ally certain LA factions. Hebridans begin colonisation of a new world. the Tok'ra homeworld is completed.
                                -SGA "Brain Storm" happens *sans atlantis*

"season 13" SGU season 1 (2010)
                                -everything in SGU happens.
                                -SGU Incusion: the LA commander Kiva and her faction largely disappear. contact with Destiny is lost.
                                -Rush' Mathematical Proof allows safe extraction of energy from Naquahdriah. this sparks development for Generation III technologies.

"season 14" (2011)
                                -BC-304 production resumes using Generation II technology.

2013:

careful disclosure of the Stargate Programme. chaos ensues. a documentary airs, allowing the population to familliarize with what happened. almost all over the globe, Governments step down and elections are held over the course of the year.
                                8 BC-304's are now in service. BC-304 production is suspended untill the political skies clear up

2015: start of colonisation. LA war has cooled down and the LA is retreating to the Shadows.
                                BC-304 production continues.

2016: Generation III Technology is implemented on all BC-304's after Sun Tzu.

2020: 16 colonies have been set up. only 6 go above the 1 million Mark. only 4 go above the 2 million mark. industry, commerce and agriculture is set up.

2025: Generation IV technology is approaching. 2 colonies have grown beyond the 4 million inhabitants and now possess ship building infrastructure. BC-304 plans are bought from earth. construction begins.

18 BC-304's are now built. 4 have been lost in the War (unsurprisingly all form the Gen. II era). this brings the number to 14: 5 Named in Stargate, 9 Unnamed. 6 unnamed protect the 6 Prime Colonies 24/7. all Gen. III earth-enlisted.

Comment

Working...
                                X