Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    Having a SG set up run by a group like the G8 does sound like a good idea...
    The only problem here is russia can't make a decission they are prepared to vote on in the UN, what makes you think this would be any different
    sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

So what's new with everyone?
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I am very busy with work and three different novels I am juggling around. No wait 4.....(I am writing 4 different stories right now, I need to settle down and focus on 1)
        sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
          I am very busy with work and three different novels I am juggling around. No wait 4.....(I am writing 4 different stories right now, I need to settle down and focus on 1)
          You write professionally Gorm? That's pretty cool.
          If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
          [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Sort of lol, only two of the stories do I hope to publish. One is a SGA novel about the Vanir expanding back into the P galaxy and the other is a novelization of a RPG that I had built, me and my brother and a few other dudes all participated in when we were all younger. I had placed all my notes on a shelf were they gathered dust for years until I decided to novelize my brothers characters adventures. I was winging the details of his quests even though I had a core concept, so now I can consolidate and adjust.

It is a very original world, no Elves, Men, Trolls or Orc's present. All original creatures, semi original mythological back story.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
              Sort of lol, only two of the stories do I hope to publish. One is a SGA novel about the Vanir expanding back into the P galaxy and the other is a novelization of a RPG that I had built, me and my brother and a few other dudes all participated in when we were all younger. I had placed all my notes on a shelf were they gathered dust for years until I decided to novelize my brothers characters adventures. I was winging the details of his quests even though I had a core concept, so now I can consolidate and adjust.

It is a very original world, no Elves, Men, Trolls or Orc's present. All original creatures, semi original mythological back story.
              Pretty cool Interesting new re-find. Wel, you definitely are a very creative person with all those original creatures.
              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

i'm on holiday for a week (going to help the greek economy )

Comment

I wish you good quantum fluctuations with that endeavor.^

Stargate watcher, if you happen to be interested a bit more in those creatures or any back story I may be able to provide more information.

Comment

Well i'm back. damn, crete is expensive. Anyway, got a bit of a tan, had loads of fun, and enjoyed the weather. And i read a book on Quantum Physics to kill some time at the airport ( )

Comment

I wish I had time to brush up on quantum physics. Currently I am re-reading the Hobbit in preparation of the Hobbit movie coming out and reading Rick Riordons continuation of the Olympians series but with the renamed and more militaristic Roman gods instead of the original Greek.

Comment

I like Minecraft but I am getting into LOTR online right now since it has a F2p option, I like it so far although it takes a long time to travel in between quest locations. I chose to be an Elf because Elves rule and I am quite good with a bow and stealth in real life.

Ill be gone all this week by the way.

Comment

Although I have not read the entire thread due to its immense size; I wanted to see if a semi-original race I have come up with would be acceptable on this iteration of the virtual fleets. I am new to the virtual fleets, so sorry if it goes against the concept. I call it semi-original because it uses the alternate reality Daedalus that had the subspace capacitors, and the alternate reality drive as a jump off point. This race calls themselves the Terrans in honor of the earth they left behind in their old home universe,, and encountered the alternate Daedalus in the universe after our universe’s Atlantis recon team discovered and got off it. They got caught up in the same problem, but were able to disconnect the subspace capacitor from the alternate reality drive, and connect it to the other ships systems. They then used power from the ships main reactor to travel home. The alternate Daedalus was then repaired and sent back to earth to be reverse engineered (for the subspace capacitors, and alternate reality drive). When the ori arrived in the Milky Way, they arrived in much larger numbers, more effective ships, and better trained soldiers than they did in this universe. Due to the capture of the assuran copy of Atlantis, and multiple raids on assuras to acquire ZPMS (around ten were acquired), atlantis did not have to leave the Pegasus galaxy when the wraith attacked earth. When the tauri attacked assura to wipe them out, they did so with a network of modified anti-replicator satellites modulated to where they would be effective against the replicators. Due to earths larger fleet, and more varied vessels, they were able to do so without the wraiths help, and the very satellites used to defeat the assurans were also equipped with cloaking devices, shields, a set of rail guns, a x-699 plasma cannon, a set of ion engines, and a pair of mkII naquada generators with an extended fuel supply capable of lasting for a week at full power. Thirty-six were put in orbit, and allowed the capture of a handful of assuran cruisers, an aurora class battleship, a cache of zpms, and several unarmed city-ships (the assurans did not have drone weapons, which was what was used to arm city-ships). These city-ships along with earths fleet of homebuilt warships; which comprised of long range bombers, 304s, several 303s, gunship variants of the 303 and 304, modified f-302s with folding wings VTOL capabilities (underside mounted thrusters) and ion engines, thus allowing twice as many fighters to be fielded on earth ships; the two aurora class battleships, four assuran cruisers, Osiris’s abandoned ship, and several teltak cargo ships were equipped with alternate drives, and filled with supplies, and the materials necessary to build a new civilization. They then fled their home universe in order to start anew in this one, as the ori had helped their followers directly on the physical plane, and an all-out war between the ancients and the ori had begun. The people of earth did not see a way to protect themselves in a war of beings capable of wiping out entire planets, so fled to another, but on their arrival, a majority of the zpms brought with them had been depleted, and only one for each of the aurora class vessels, the five spare zpms on Atlantis, and the two zpms on the 304s had energy left in them. With energy and fuel at a premium, the fleet set up a colony on a off-the-grid planet on the edge of the Pegasus galaxy, wanting to avoid the ori, and prepared to defend themselves if needed.. There they used the asgard beam transporters to build planetary defenses around the four city ships, and in orbit. In addition to this, a heavily fortified bunker was placed on the planets habitable moon, where they installed the Beta gate from Antarctica that they had brought with them; which had not been destroyed like it had in this reality. They would have left their universe sometime between 2012 and 2020, and arrived here the very same year they arrived in the milkyway. They would have access to the ancient/ Asgard/ Goa'uld technology due to information already gathered and associated databases. They would also have access to tokra, and hebridian and other technology due to small numbers of survivors brought with them, the treasure trove of artifacts acquired by the SGC, and the foresight to bring along the items hidden in Glastonbury Tor, and merlin's molecular construction device and the repository of knowledge that it worked in conjunction with (the Sangraal wasn't able to wipe out the Ori, as some saw it coming due to Adria’s knowledge of it, and most of them were able to get out of range before it fired, at which time they destroyed the device and started directly helping their followers).
                          Would this be acceptable as a new race in this virtual fleet?

Comment

Although the background story gives the potential for an uber powerful, race, they will use similar technology to the Tauri initialy with key differences developing over the course of this fleet. The ZPMS mentioned are in short supply, all the reources gathered other than food will eventually run out, new allliance would have to be formed, the lantean drones are in short supply, on;y one cityship is armed with them, and the lantean, and assuran vessels depend on zpms for power and sheilds unless they are outfitted with . naquada generators, and they have have no armour whats so ever, and the auroras mostly depend on drones for weaponry, which as said before are in short supply. Not to mention that the ancient molecular construction device requires a thoruogh understanding of the technology and using the ancient repository of knowledge without merlins one time modifications means certain deah without the help of the asgard, which are not the terrans allies. they would be building up there supply bases, fleet maintenence facilities, and basically thre there entire civilization, albeit they have the base infrastructure to start from, but have little room to grow, not to mention that while may have a good sized fleet, there isn't much in the way of repairing battle damage, etc, etc. So they would be of little threat initialy, but they would have to be extremely covert while they get to where they can defend themselves, which would mean employing every means of stealth and defence at thier disposal, including cloaking devices, and keeping thier gates isolated from the rest of the galexy, which they are ore than capable of doing. Any alliance they make would have to made out of system, as the meager defenses that would have been constructed may be formidable at first, but they would quickly erode away under sustained attack due to lack of supplies. Although zpms could easily be traded to the tauri for alot of supplies, as there are not many of them lying around. I plan on them. if accepted. eventually devloping thier own, much weaker version of the alterran drone weapon that would be cheaper to produce, and more easily maintained. while at the same time making slight improvements to the design, such as a central independant more long lasting power supply, and of course taking advatage of subspace capicitors in their various technology. Reverse engineering jumper trelated tech, and the Mckay developed jumper hyperdrive would also give them an edge, but as shown in previous posts, that edge qould be shared by the tauri and thier allies.

Comment

Just a note for you new guy, could you space out your paragraphs rather then have it all one giant one ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

i only ready the first post, then my eyes were bleeding (no really, they hurt).

As you said yourself, it has potential for uber. I'm not really comfortable with these kinds of technology used so commonly, but i'm quite interested to see where this is going.

Comment

Working...
                                X