No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all Goa'uld will be removed from their hosts if caught by Jaffa, Hebridan, Tok'ra or earth but I think a lot of interdependent worlds, Lucian Alliance and others will use Goa'uld as scientist and either through torture or rewards get their knowledge.

Also I could see tok'ra agents getting to goa'uld who are kept on worlds for this reason.

I know that's what I am doing with the tok'ra in my story is that if a nation has them they will try to either extract them or at the very least kill them.
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I think an extremist group would arise that wants to kill every single Goa'uld parasite they can find to prevent the Goa'uld ever rising to power again. There would definitely be some Tok'ra in that group. Unless it was a group that wanted to kill Tok'ra symbiotes as well....

Could the Tok'ra use cloning to further their race? What about cloning their queen, Egeria, from genetic samples kept in cold storage? Goa'uld knowledge is genetic, that could be how the Tok'ra race continues.
      sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

I'm pretty sure we agreed that was to easy of solution to the problem of the Tok'ra

Also I've been thinking of a way to introduce this problem in my stories
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
          I'm pretty sure we agreed that was to easy of solution to the problem of the Tok'ra
          Huh.

I seem to remember some people*cough*killman*Cough*Fugiman*Cough* telling me sometimes the simplest solution is the best one. Besides, can you think of another way that makes as much sense?

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
          Also I've been thinking of a way to introduce this problem in my stories
          Share with the class.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

I don't think there ever was a sample kept of Egeria.

Anyway, i think that the genetic memory would be a B*tch in terms of genetics, in terms of modifying a Goauld queen.

the Easiest solution however is this:

Create a Tok'ra without genetic memory.

it's probably easier to scrub genetic memory off the Tok'ra genome than the Goa'uld.
            Last edited by thekillman; 17 April 2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

I think all Goa'uld will be removed from their hosts if caught by Jaffa, Hebridan, Tok'ra or earth but I think a lot of interdependent worlds, Lucian Alliance and others will use Goa'uld as scientist and either through torture or rewards get their knowledge.

Also I could see tok'ra agents getting to goa'uld who are kept on worlds for this reason.

I know that's what I am doing with the tok'ra in my story is that if a nation has them they will try to either extract them or at the very least kill them.
              What I have currently have are bounty hunters that hunt down Goa'uld using blackmarket equipment from Lucian alliance or other places. I envisioned that they would take contracts from anyone and everyone.

Comment

What I have currently have are bounty hunters that hunt down Goa'uld using blackmarket equipment from Lucian alliance or other places. I envisioned that they would take contracts from anyone and everyone.
                in some cases, it'd be elimination, in other cases revenge. in some cases capture for trial, in other cases capture for personal use.

Comment

So a T/D fusion device would be more efficient then one based on plutonium-239/241 fission right?

Egeria D.N.A could have been preserved by the Tok'ra, they took the corpse with them I believe. The Pangerans had that sac thing left over in the tank, if I was a government dude I would preserve that stuff just in case. Human governments seem to like storing stuff.

Would it be possible to artificially engineer a Goa'uld queen from Tok'ra D.N.A with a Tok'ras memories? Something along those lines.

Comment

Egeria D.N.A could have been preserved by the Tok'ra, they took the corpse with them I believe.
                    she got kawooshed

Would it be possible to artificially engineer a Goa'uld queen from Tok'ra D.N.A with a Tok'ras memories? Something along those lines.
                    yes, but since Goauld memory is genetic, you'd need to scrub the Queen's genome and then insert the Tok'ra memory.

i think that the easiest solution is this:

remove the genetic memory alltogether.

So a T/D fusion device would be more efficient then one based on plutonium-239/241 fission right?
                    efficient? uhm right now, no. current fusion devices have a negative efficiency.

Fissioning is more powerful than fusion per reaction. however, fusion allows for far greater densities, meaning that per volume, your fusion gets much stronger.

how efficient fusion is, depends on the fusing volume and the efficiency of your fusion condition maintenance.

the most efficient form is gravitational fission, IE, stars. they require no energy input yet generate energy. anything under gravitationally sustained fusion has an efficiency, and for current generations it'll never be super-efficient.

as to power: the bigger your fusion generator is, the better the (effective) energy output and the better the efficiency. the disadvantages are, that Fusion needs to be sustained otherwise you're dealing with huge starting energies. however since your containment is being bombarded with neutrons, you always need maintenance. which is also why you never want just 1 fusion reactor onboard.

anyway, fusion is a complicated thing. Stargate allows for some short-cuts, like Shield-based energy extraction.
                    Last edited by thekillman; 19 April 2012, 01:18 AM.

Comment

uhm right now, no.
                      But they have far more potential then a non Ex5 material fission reactor right?

Speaking of E5, has kiron theory been generally accepted in this fleet yet?

the bigger your fusion generator is, the better the (effective) energy output and the better the efficiency. the disadvantages are, that Fusion needs to be sustained otherwise you're dealing with huge starting energies. however since your containment is being bombarded with neutrons, you always need maintenance. which is also why you never want just 1 fusion reactor onboard.
                      In Star Trek, they have microfusion initiators, is there anyway possible that our science can see now that efficient microfusion could take place?

Currently a Houjin battleship has two large fusion reactors, one in each end of the ship, and naquadah cells in the middle with the hyperdrive.

anyway, fusion is a complicated thing. Stargate allows for some short-cuts, like Shield-based energy extraction.
                      Yes, force fields would help with that.

Comment

But they have far more potential then a non Ex5 material fission reactor right?
                        yes.

Speaking of E5, has kiron theory been generally accepted in this fleet yet?
                        i don't know. i use it as a framework. however, i currently believe that most technology works a bit more complicated than a simple kiron/exoton interaction.

In Star Trek, they have microfusion initiators, is there anyway possible that our science can see now that efficient microfusion could take place
                        uhm, there's talk of a Hybrid reactor: a reactor using fission energy to ignite fusion. there's problems with plasma contamination and such, but it would allow for smaller reactors.

the main problem remains turning that heat into energy.

Yes, force fields would help with that.
                        not... exactly the way you think. applying the same idea as the Ori did in Beachhead, you could contain a reaction in a shield, where the shield is powered by the reaction itself. eventually, the Shield generator would begin producing, rather than consuming, energy. it would likely require extensive knowledge of what you're doing, so battle applications would remain limited. still, it's basically the same idea as Anubis did to the Tollan Ion Cannons and Destiny to the drones.
                        (and likely the same system Destiny uses to Stardive).

To get a lot more oompf from a fusion reactor, you could add in Naquahdah dust/plasma.

this would work positively in multiple ways :

the fissioning naquahdah will create billions of micro explosions, each producing a shockwave. this would create local high-pressure areas where fusion can happen. this way, you could lower the operational temperature. (current reactors operate at about 150 million degrees). it depends on the reactor, but altering grain size and the amount of naquahdah inserted would change for example the intensity of the high-pressure areas, and would alter the amount of shockwaves. it would need to be regulated pretty tightly, as the shockwaves can easily ruin your fusion conditions as well.

the naquahdah will release a ton of exotic matter into your plasma, creating a Kiron-force environment. This will probably intensify shield-based reactions, increase the containment power and the "pinch" effect. the plasma will get denser and achieve higher temperatures, increasing the output.

the naquahdah will also release energy itself, thus adding to the total output.

I came up with this when mentally designing Machai technology. one of the ideas was that their ships are Fusion powered, and inject Naquahdah to achieve combat power. Plus that their fighters normally inject naquahdah to create small, high-performance fightercraft.

I know the idea is not new, it was done before in 1.0 and 2.0 i believe. i just think that it has more benefits than the mere "it increases power" and "it decreases the energy cost".

the disadvantage is that your plasma becomes more complicated than the mere D,T or D, H-3 fusion, and the Exotons (gonna use that for the entire range of exotic particles associated with Kiron Forces, Shields and Hyperdrives) will require finer tuning of your containment shields and such.

Comment

Not to mention the cost if you use that for your fighters, with the prices of naquadah these days. (Joke)

You know gas prices are high when gangs are doing "walk by shootings."

I wonder what the Ancients used for power besides Destiny's scoop thing or Z-PM's. I just watched the SG-A episode were Rodney gets that parasite in his brain and they go to the shrine of Talos which was emitting some sort of radiation that cased it to retract. Anyways, Paraphrasing from the episode " Huh, must be a by product of the power source" Rodney
                          "Anti matter?" Jeannie
                          "Whatever left over super heavy element the Ancients used as a power source" Rodney

So, not naquadah? Would he not have called it "naquadah"? I would love to know what it was.
                          Last edited by Gormagon; 19 April 2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            she got kawooshed
                            Whoa, that's one way to say it O.o

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              the most efficient form is gravitational fission, IE, stars. they require no energy input yet generate energy.
                              *alarm bells go off*

Say ... what, now?
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                Whoa, that's one way to say it O.o
                                I was not gonna say anything....bad cat.

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                                *alarm bells go off*

Say ... what, now?
                                I think he means the force field/reactor becomes self sustaining without outside power input, with the reactors, but Stars are getting no more mass inputed into them for fuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X