No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giuys. which is proper, Ships Canteen or Mess Hall ? the former reminds me too much of a sleazy bar, what do you guys think ? I need to lalbe a place rightly and I don't want ot screw it up

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

i use Mess

a picture of the Aggregator V3:

i took inspiration from both the Galactica from BSG and the Hyperion from B5
      Last edited by thekillman; 10 November 2011, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Once again any new stories or how is everyone doing in general?

Like right now i have a 12 page paper due about the Brady Handgun Act and use policy analysis to understand each stage of it's public policy process. So really fun stuff but how is everyone else doing?
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

same as always. added a page to my story. playing BF3, playing Minecraft, watching Walking Dead, Terra nova, going to school now and then

Comment

Hey guys sorry for going AWOL. I just moved to London again, so ive been a tad busy. But I havent missed much, No worries. Im now living with a fellow mega geek, Dr who though :/ so its getting my writing juices going. Still gunna do my iSGC for 12k, kinda like my ultimate ground base. But I started with a design on this years and years ago so its kinda fitting. Lets get the fleets back off the ground. Guy im living with is also a video compositor so I may try and see if he can use some of our old models and do something with them
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Thank God your alive Tep, for a couple of days I thought only Killman and myself were alive

But can't wait to read it
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I'm lurking and working.
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I was thinking I need a new project, and we kinda do as a fleet atm, anyone got anything interesting I could play around with. Ive always wanted to a fleet based movie script. Its something ive played with before. Would anyone be interested?
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

there are two things i'd consider movie-worthy. the thing for my next chapter (the attack on langara, as you know) is what i consider a milestone. if my arc was a series, this would be the season ender.

the other situation is a very basic premise so far, but i'm not gonna spoil it. well a bit then. it has to do with something i said before, something i thought was a weakness, a weakness of any fleet, if not every series we had.

Comment

Thats not spoiling even remotely! I cant decipher that! Im going to go over some of the old storylines and maybe pick out one or two that could be really developed and fleshed out. Id actually LOVE to write the disclosure movie. But im honestly not sure id do it justice atm. But its something I would love to do.

BTW I have 8 days to do 15 posts. I may not post alot. Because I am going to post my 12k on my 7th Gateworld birthday on the 23rd. I have the time to do something EPIC but not sure what yet...
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Thats not spoiling even remotely
                        i know. but when i start talking, i start talking.

Id actually LOVE to write the disclosure movie. But im honestly not sure id do it justice atm. But its something I would love to do.
                        mm. yea the time between Gauntlet and this fleet is fuzzy, but it was intentional to a degree

Comment

The thing about Disclosure is that in this fleet it was, ironically enough, a slightly less-than-spectacular event. At least, as much as we have it sketched out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            Hey guys sorry for going AWOL. I just moved to London again, so ive been a tad busy. But I havent missed much, No worries. Im now living with a fellow mega geek, Dr who though :/ so its getting my writing juices going. Still gunna do my iSGC for 12k, kinda like my ultimate ground base. But I started with a design on this years and years ago so its kinda fitting. Lets get the fleets back off the ground. Guy im living with is also a video compositor so I may try and see if he can use some of our old models and do something with them
                            So... are we leaving it on the moon? There were some good points made against it, but I'm still for it on political and public relations grounds.

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                            The thing about Disclosure is that in this fleet it was, ironically enough, a slightly less-than-spectacular event. At least, as much as we have it sketched out.
                            Well, not everything has to involve a clash of spectacular proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              So... are we leaving it on the moon? There were some good points made against it, but I'm still for it on political and public relations grounds.
                              As far as I'm concerned, I think we can agree that retconning it off the moon won't happen. Whether it will be moved off the moon in-story may still be up for grabs.
                              sigpic

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, I think we can agree that retconning it off the moon won't happen. Whether it will be moved off the moon in-story may still be up for grabs.
                                if we get fed up with it, we can always blow it up, have some politician complain about the costs of getting one on the moon again and building it somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X