Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

My shortest post ever ^

So any word on what is gonna be done to the wiki? You know, with the LA/Tau'ri war you know that whole thing. And speaking of the wiki, is anything more besides official info being done with Urgo's creators, Ma'Chello's people, the Hebridans, the Reetou, the Reol, Gadmeer, and others I cannot remember right now.

Oh, I know they are not really plausible by our current science but the Houjin could easily have beaming pad technology like the Aschen, or transporters like Gadmeer. Even the Goa'uld have stolen ring transporter tech.

Also, they could have weapon disabling technology. At least for projectile weaponry, it would not be that hard to disable regular guns. How do you think the Tollan W.D worked on Staff weapons? Did it deplete the naquadah cell? Seems unlikely to me...or did it just "jam" the weapon somehow, perhaps by cutting of the flow of power to the plasma emitters in the head of the Staff.(Snicker)Or, the Tollan could have had transporter tech, and the W.D removed the liquid naquadah cells and the jammed Tau'ri guns by realigning the molecular structure of the barrel or warping the copper casing of the bullets.

In the Animorphs universe there is a thing called Z-space, or Zero space, a non dimension used for F.T.L travel, communications, and several other technologies. I added teleporters, but they operate differently then S.T or S.G transporters. Simply put they just shift the whole object or person through Z-space to a new relative real space location. It/him/she is not turned into energy.

Beliskner

I was thinking about the 4 billion kilojoule energy output of the Beliskner. I think it is quite low, but did Thor say what was the frequency that the generators produced that much energy? What if it was not a constant stream of power but instead, 4 billion kilojoules per micro second or something similar?

Perhaps we should start some speculation with Asgard, Jotnar (Vanir), Hebridan, Ancient and Wraith weaponry so that we can put specific's on the wiki.

Stuff.

I think Killmans Kiron theory is the E=MC^2 of G.W.V.F I must say.

Here is my funny quote for the day-
      Brenda: "I know Tae Kwan Do."
      Madea: "And I know whoop your a*s."
      Last edited by Gormagon; 02 September 2011, 09:40 AM.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Were is everyone?

Comment

I Guess ill just have to put my own Aschen info on the wiki then.
          We have aschen ships, history and tech lists as well as all the battles from 2.0 on the website. Use those please.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            We have aschen ships, history and tech lists as well as all the battles from 2.0 on the website. Use those please.
            I was joking.....good grief.

But what site? The 4.0 wiki?

Comment

http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Oh yeah. I remember this site. I found it like, three years ago. I was like, awesome!

But I tried mentioned some stuff from the Aschen ships like absorption armor and Killman says no stuff from before 3.0. We have been *not talking* about Aschen tech. Because he says we do not have to worry about it yet, which I guess is kinda right.

Comment

uhm i'm not a god in this fleet.

we like to start fresh, and while some things get recycled, it's mostly renewed stuff in stead of blatantly copied

Comment

I might do some stuff with the Aschen then, but I am more concerned about the Houjin.

Here is a post I made a little while back....

So any word on what is gonna be done to the wiki? You know, with the LA/Tau'ri war you know that whole thing. And speaking of the wiki, is anything more besides official info being done with Urgo's creators, Ma'Chello's people, the Hebridans, the Reetou, the Reol, Gadmeer, and others I cannot remember right now.

Oh, I know they are not really plausible by our current science but the Houjin could easily have beaming pad technology like the Aschen, or transporters like Gadmeer. Even the Goa'uld have stolen ring transporter tech.

Also, they could have weapon disabling technology. At least for projectile weaponry, it would not be that hard to disable regular guns. How do you think the Tollan W.D worked on Staff weapons? Did it deplete the naquadah cell? Seems unlikely to me...or did it just "jam" the weapon somehow, perhaps by cutting of the flow of power to the plasma emitters in the head of the Staff.(Snicker)Or, the Tollan could have had transporter tech, and the W.D removed the liquid naquadah cells and the jammed Tau'ri guns by realigning the molecular structure of the barrel or warping the copper casing of the bullets.

In the Animorphs universe there is a thing called Z-space, or Zero space, a non dimension used for F.T.L travel, communications, and several other technologies. I added teleporters, but they operate differently then S.T or S.G transporters. Simply put they just shift the whole object or person through Z-space to a new relative real space location. It/him/she is not turned into energy.

Beliskner

I was thinking about the 4 billion kilojoule energy output of the Beliskner. I think it is quite low, but did Thor say what was the frequency that the generators produced that much energy? What if it was not a constant stream of power but instead, 4 billion kilojoules per micro second or something similar?

Perhaps we should start some speculation with Asgard, Jotnar (Vanir), Hebridan, Ancient and Wraith weaponry so that we can put specific's on the wiki.

Stuff.

Comment

So any word on what is gonna be done to the wiki?
                      if you're bored, read through the story thread and put whatever's in there on the wiki..

being done with Urgo's creators, Ma'Chello's people, the Hebridans, the Reetou, the Reol, Gadmeer, and others I cannot remember right now.
                      not relevant

haven't formed an opinion on that. but you realize that at a goauld tech level through fair advancement means they'd be MORE advanced AND more powerful than the goauld?

magic is the only correct answer. although an alternate option would be an extremely powerful inductive field "melting" the gun locally to jam it's mechanical operation, and for the staffweapon, the electronics.

again, magic.

since the timeframe is undefined, it's a useless figure.

they all use plasma weapons. Wraith weapons are designed to work better against ancient tech than Asgard tech.

more like "of stargate" itself. although i wouldn't go as far as say it's the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                        Oh yeah. I remember this site. I found it like, three years ago. I was like, awesome!

But I tried mentioned some stuff from the Aschen ships like absorption armor and Killman says no stuff from before 3.0. We have been *not talking* about Aschen tech. Because he says we do not have to worry about it yet, which I guess is kinda right.
                        Oh i thought you were wanting information from 2.0, the adnihlo were 2.0 and i thought you were updating the wiki from that series. Fair enough, although there is nothing in the aschen history or ship specs that stop it being in these fleets aside from the historical stuff of thatus which again wouldnt affect this fleet as the foundations of the tollan and aschen etc were thousnads of years ago. These ships could have been built at any point and easily be reused again for this fleet and another war. They were not OTT and were well designed imo, prob the most accurate enemy ship system and fleet we created in terms of tech level, function and design.

uhm i'm not a god in this fleet.

we like to start fresh, and while some things get recycled, it's mostly renewed stuff in stead of blatantly copied
                        Again the aschen fleet and history could be recycled very easily in to these fleets, just saying, the early stuff i mean. The Virtus, Peramen and Gladiators are fine ships and have good tech bases well backed up by the aschen and tollan tech levels. Just saying if you want to save a job then they are already there ready to go.

And its hard being god but someone has to do it
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Oh i thought you were wanting information from 2.0, the adnihlo were 2.0 and i thought you were updating the wiki from that series. Fair enough, although there is nothing in the aschen history or ship specs that stop it being in these fleets aside from the historical stuff of thatus which again wouldnt affect this fleet as the foundations of the tollan and aschen etc were thousnads of years ago. These ships could have been built at any point and easily be reused again for this fleet and another war. They were not OTT and were well designed imo, prob the most accurate enemy ship system and fleet we created in terms of tech level, function and design.
                          given the nature of the universe, and evolution, it's likely that any race would develop quite similarly to AU counterparts. IE, convergent advancement.

Again the aschen fleet and history could be recycled very easily in to these fleets, just saying, the early stuff i mean. The Virtus, Peramen and Gladiators are fine ships and have good tech bases well backed up by the aschen and tollan tech levels. Just saying if you want to save a job then they are already there ready to go.
                          true, but i never really got into the Aschen period of the fleets so i'm not exactly an expert, far from it. i like the idea of the Aschen and Tollan being from the same period on earth, and having different levels of advancement.

And its hard being god but someone has to do it
                          it's hard to use power, but it's far harder to realize when you're not MEANT to have that power. i will never claim power because it's not who i am and what i want to be. in that respect i and Tom are rivals since we're both the type to criticize and bring in ideas. MMD is that type too, but more similar to me than to Tom. Tep, you are one of the few people i've actually considered a true leader. stubborn enough to carry through, wise enough to admit mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            given the nature of the universe, and evolution, it's likely that any race would develop quite similarly to AU counterparts. IE, convergent advancement.

true, but i never really got into the Aschen period of the fleets so i'm not exactly an expert, far from it. i like the idea of the Aschen and Tollan being from the same period on earth, and having different levels of advancement.
                            Like I said the ashcen history and race we created is a pretty decent stab at it, read the history on the website and the specs and see if you like it, if your not that familier with this period it might be worth having a read through as its the period closest to what this fleet is doing in terms of context. Its when we moved back to the MW in fleet timeline terms and you could adapt alot of the material, id love to see the new spartans back for example. We based the Tollan, Aschen, Hebridans and New spartans as all offshoots of a roman general who governed egypt and found the gate, opened it and sent through expeditions which were then stranded. The four known survivors flourished and possibly there are some others like the Kelownans and Tagreans who were also part of this. Basically the survived the dark ages with roman tech and scavanged some goauld and are all about 600-1000 years ahead of Earth in line with Tollan and Aschen tech making them ideal adversaries to Earth who have caught up that gap in tech via the Asgard and gate program.
                            it's hard to use power, but it's far harder to realize when you're not MEANT to have that power. i will never claim power because it's not who i am and what i want to be. in that respect i and Tom are rivals since we're both the type to criticize and bring in ideas. MMD is that type too, but more similar to me than to Tom. Tep, you are one of the few people i've actually considered a true leader. stubborn enough to carry through, wise enough to admit mistakes.
                            Yeah I needed you guys to keep the ideas flowing and to keep things critical, and it was tough! I had Zake and AJT for the first couple of years, that was insane. But thanks, I tried to be a good leader, I dont know enough about this fleet to come back, my expertise is mostly on the fleets of the past and what should be reused and such. I think your doing a good job though
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

But thanks, I tried to be a good leader, I dont know enough about this fleet to come back, my expertise is mostly on the fleets of the past and what should be reused and such.
                              a wise man would say "look to the future and keep an eye on the past "

Like I said the ashcen history and race we created is a pretty decent stab at it,
                              yea i like that idea. will read through it soon. not sure if i would make that official, but i generally keep a backstory in mind

Comment

What about the mysterious Apophis aliens? I made up a small amount of stuff about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X