• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, which seem logical, and most of those would be the most dangerous also

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

why ? as i said people have a tendency to stick together. also , tons of weak colonies makes them largely useless storty-wise, asiden from being cannon fodder

Comment

well, I usually see things like that as having a lack of imagination.

Small colonies like that also have a tenancy to radicallize and could thus present some rather interesting things

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Comment

doing what? i prefer a few big ones and a few small ones.

Comment

I think about 21 colonies should be 'known', a few hidden, of the 21 I'd say 3 to 5 larger ranging in pop from 1 to 4mil, the rest is varying between like 500 and 1m, so that leaves allot of space

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

wow...

Comment

21 being allot or are you refering to the population numbers.

Well I just reallized an error, at its height there were only 400,000 dutchies in the DEI with 60,000,000 Indonesians.

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Comment

ehh a combo i think..

i'll wait to see what buba thinks.

Comment

And I just noticed my idea get totally ignored >.< since we're throwing ideas around right now I posted up my idea for a dark and gothic theme, which actually goes with Davey's them of third generation. That far in the future

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

goth and dark, I told you pages before I am up for it.

Dark themes with deep underlying plots and ulterior motives and danger, I love that.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

except that the current idea is a fleet set in the near future. also it's idiotic IMO to build massive ships.

i'm not in for gothic or so. perhaps a somewhat gothic race or so, but IMO it simply doesn't fit. it's not like the entire galaxy will simply follow the same idea blindly.

if we go big ships, then there's bound to be a guy who attaches a meganuke to a naquahdah asteroid and throws it down the beast's throat.

Comment

No giant ships please...to build ships that large you need to be really advanced and we're moving away from uber.

The near future will look very similar to today, the enemies could be gothic but the familar faces should stick to canon.

As for the colonies I don't think we should have too many and I think having many thousands for each one is a bit much. This is only 15 years on, I don't we could support that kind of growth.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well we can certainly have a gothicy style race/faction.

Comment

It's not as if all the goths on Earth are going to pack up and start their own colony .

I suggest leaving that to a new race.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Holy guacamole, Batman . . . that's a lot of posts.
                                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                                X