No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that most terrorists today are more into terrorizing their own people, I doubt it would be as effective as it seems at first glance. Furthermore, off world supplies to terrorist would make it politically acceptable to use advanced invasive technologies like Galeran memory interrogation which would collapse terrorist cells pretty quickly.
    come on they can't even find bin laden. they didn't even stop 9/11 when they heard a terrorist attack would be launched.

please...

A few alien humans don't like how earth runs things (not used to our way of life) and want to break free. T
    what the hell are they doing on our colonies then?

integration courses most likely will be mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      come on they can't even find bin laden. they didn't even stop 9/11 when they heard a terrorist attack would be launched.

please...
      Call me a pessimist, but I doubt the intelligence community will have any qualms about using DNI to start micromanaging and analyzing all the data they get on a daily basis. Once that happens, anyone who wants to pull off another 9/11 would have to do it with flags and runners.

what the hell are they doing on our colonies then?

integration courses most likely will be mandatory

Comment

Hey, ultimately the colonies vs. Earth thing comes down to this: it's David's story, and what he decides is what happens. If someone disagrees, they can write their own story.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I still think if they are going to attack, they'll attack all the colonies at once and try and damage us as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
            I still think if they are going to attack, they'll attack all the colonies at once and try and damage us as much as possible.
            Still a little too direct. I think crippling our expansion by creating bad publicity would be a better approach. Start covert Kassa plantations, start selling to the people, corrupt local agencies, etc. Until Earth itself sees the colonies as slums that represent a failed experiment, and the rest of the galaxy as interesting to visit, but better not to get tangled up in.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              Still a little too direct. I think crippling our expansion by creating bad publicity would be a better approach. Start covert Kassa plantations, start selling to the people, corrupt local agencies, etc. Until Earth itself sees the colonies as slums that represent a failed experiment, and the rest of the galaxy as interesting to visit, but better not to get tangled up in.
              This would probibly suit the LA better. Covert is probibly where they will work so to avoid the power of the UNE military

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

quick question: Is a colony ~170 light years away too close to Earth?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

That's 3 hours away by civilian ship. Trouble is with doing that idea is it's difficult to represent in a battle

Comment

That's 3 hours away by civilian ship. Trouble is with doing that idea is it's difficult to represent in a battle
                    How? you know nothing of the colony

Comment

Oh it's a battle all right, a battle of WITS!

In all seriousness, a battle between an LA smuggler and some UNEF gunships may serves as a good "ice monster" prologue to this sort of thing. Forces the reader to wonder what the heck that LA dude was doing delivering Kassa seeds to a UNE colony, or why he or she was risking it when there are so many weaker planets out there...

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                        quick question: Is a colony ~170 light years away too close to Earth?
                        According to the SGC starmap, there's no planet at exactly that distance. However, P6-110 is ~200 LY from Earth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                          According to the SGC starmap, there's no planet at exactly that distance. However, P6-110 is ~200 LY from Earth.
                          That will probibly do better. Thanks

Comment

Where's the history for the Shrin'yar?
                            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                              That will probibly do better. Thanks
                              No problem. It's in the direction of Scorpius, if you want to know.

Edit: Ah yes, the Shrin'yar. Give me a minute and I'll post it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                                No problem. It's in the direction of Scorpius, if you want to know.

Edit: Ah yes, the Shrin'yar. Give me a minute and I'll post it.
                                yes, will probibly help naming it. going to come up with a history on monday after work.

Comment

Working...
                                X