Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
    ... been out in the wind, rain and cold walking around the north of Ulster today. Still the hexagonal rocks were fun to fall off into the sea

Anyway, redid the gunship. So far Its going well me thinks. At the moment its 20mL, 20mW and 6.5mH

EDIT:
    Pictures, *facepalm*
    Spoiler:

Ahh so you a round my part of the world then (well not exactly but pretty close)

Hmm interesting design. Keep it up.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    i thought that too, but not like the Devil. more like normal dark angels
    Well was only using the devil thing as an example, thats all.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Interesting design.

Maybe you could make the front fins a bit smaller?
      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

reminds me of those hovertanks from Star Wars with a pinch of Starcraft BC

Comment

yeah, I can make them smaller.
          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brad
            Personly I think The fighter you have is perfect the way it is. Btw are you putting in an internal bay for missiles and bombs?

And a another question, why are we using AIM missiles? Personly I think other missiles could be used to much better effect.
            Thanks guy. Yes there is already a bay, I just don't have any angles that show it off. It's about 4m long, 1m deep and 2m wide. I'm hoping that's enough otherwise I'd have to cut into the space I've designated for the naq generator and other systems (that structure behind the cockpit). There is also space in the engine housings for maybe 1 AA missile each.

I figure AIM's persist for continuity. I too doubt the 120 will survive to 2025, especially since I foresee some knowledge gained from Ancient drones will have a radical effect on missile design. None-the-less, I think it is okay to stick with the AIM series, at least in name/form.

Just a general setting question. What Goa'uld are currently surviving in the Milky Way? The major system lords are probably gone but are there any other somewhat significant pure Goa'uld characters around? Would it be possible to maybe develop and write about some minor powerless Goa'uld group that model themselves on slightly more obscure mythology?

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
              Just a general setting question. What Goa'uld are currently surviving in the Milky Way? The major system lords are probably gone but are there any other somewhat significant pure Goa'uld characters around? Would it be possible to maybe develop and write about some minor powerless Goa'uld group that model themselves on slightly more obscure mythology?
              Absolutely.

Comment

There are all sorts of rouge Goa'uld lying around, if you want to use them. They wouldn't be very powerful, mind you, and they're hunted, but I could imagine some good plots coming from their side of the ballpark.
                sigpic

Comment

So is this going to be a constant fleet with no ending in sight? We just keep pouring our ideas into it and when the time comes for new enemies we add them? Or are we going to have different fleets like the old GWVF?
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool, I might have some ides to write about then.

Comment

I think divisions are good. They represent periods of peace.

It seems like our major arc is going to be composed of three strands: Kebechet, the Aschen, and the Shrin'yar. Once those lines converge and wrap up, we can see if we want to start a 2.0 or just keep going.

The other, minor arcs can go on as long as neccessary. One of them might even become a major arc later on.

By the way, I'll be posting an annotated history of the Shrin'yar soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                        I figure AIM's persist for continuity. I too doubt the 120 will survive to 2025, especially since I foresee some knowledge gained from Ancient drones will have a radical effect on missile design. None-the-less, I think it is okay to stick with the AIM series, at least in name/form.
                        Well I ask because IMO the likes of Anti-radiation and electro-optical missiles will play a very large role in space combat. electro-optical targeting systems combined with the likes of Killman's CON will prove a killer combonation. And with very advanced sensors needed in space, Anit-radiaiton missiles would be perfect to take advantage of this.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Well I ask because IMO the likes of Anti-radiation and electro-optical missiles will play a very large role in space combat. electro-optical targeting systems combined with the likes of Killman's CON will prove a killer combonation. And with very advanced sensors needed in space, Anit-radiaiton missiles would be perfect to take advantage of this.
                          That is correct, though mostly a matter of semantics. One could propose a hypothetical AIM 600 for example that sports alternative guidance and warheads but the thing still essentially looks like an AIM 120, a likely possibility since they build missiles in sections that can basically be upgraded individually without having to scrap the whole delivery system.

I mean if you think about, even the AIM120's used in Stargate are so heavily modded (warhead and drive system since the fin control surfaces wouldn't work in space) already that they could quite easily have a new model name. It seems they are just called 120's for comparison/continuity, I don't know.

Comment

Brad just a pick a number and go with it. The AIM series has been around since the first sidewinder (AIM7) and has gone though a lot of metamorphises. You could call your primary missile AIM-200 if you like, it wouldn't really matter.
                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                              Brad just a pick a number and go with it. The AIM series has been around since the first sidewinder (AIM7) and has gone though a lot of metamorphises. You could call your primary missile AIM-200 if you like, it wouldn't really matter.
                              The number doesnt bother me, it's just using outdated tech that does.

Comment

Ramp it up. By the time we get to 20 something, it'll still be an AIM with a new innards
                                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Working...
                                X