Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    again i suggested names for the colonies.
    We're talking about names for the Sectors the colonies are in, not the colonies themselves.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Can we call one the 42nd sector?

It has a lot of meaning behind the name.
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

Life, the Universe, and Everything?

Bit ambitious for one little sector, isn't it?
        sigpic

Comment

Could be a theologists dream sector...
          sigpic

Comment

and earth's in the 42nd sector, right?

how about Mostly Harmless Sector.

or Utopia sector

Comment

That would be awesome!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                This is all good. The very closest of these colonies (I imagine Heliopolis is a better candidate than Abydos, incidentally) will fall into the Earth sector. The other four sectors contain colonies slightly further away, but still close on a galactic scale.
                Well I would imagine the 16 major systems being within a 1,000 Ly bubble, and most of them would be unknown to the goa'uld.

Abydos is... well most likely utterly destroyed
                Well from what we can tell the planets surface was destroyed, but their still may be minerals underneath the surface.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

given that the naquahdah was ignited, i'm not sure there even IS an Abydos left. it's probably a small rock now with an asteroid field around it

Comment

given that the naquahdah was ignited, i'm not sure there even IS an Abydos left. it's probably a small rock now with an asteroid field around it
                    Well considering we saw it when SG-1 returned to the planet, I think its safe to assume that it is still there

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

they gated there with Oma. She could have made it seem like it was still there. But tbh, it would be an asteroid field.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                        they gated there with Oma. She could have made it seem like it was still there. But tbh, it would be an asteroid field.
                        Well I am going to stick with the view that it was only the surface was destroyed, but if everyone choses to believe otherwise, then it's fine by me

Comment

I doubt even the gate survived. They dialed -- what, 13 times? -- and got nothing before Oma magically reconstituted it. So the planet is probably gone. But it's not fixed in canon, so I suppose it's up to the viewer.

Make the radius 5,000 LY. That's still remarkably small, on a galactic scale. Remember, Cater said very few star systems visible to Earth had gates, and in real life we can tell that quite a few of the visible stars definitely don't have terrestrial planets.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                            I doubt even the gate survived. They dialed -- what, 13 times? -- and got nothing before Oma magically reconstituted it. So the planet is probably gone. But it's not fixed in canon, so I suppose it's up to the viewer.

Make the radius 20,000 LY. That's still remarkably small, on a galactic scale. Remember, Cater said very few star systems visible to Earth had gates, and in real life we can tell that quite a few of the visible stars definitely don't have terrestrial planets.
                            Fair enough,but one thing I would love to see would be colonies set up on off the grid planets (that is habitable planets that don't have stargate.) Doing this gives them some added protection because the majority of the races out there wouldn't know they exist

Comment

Well if we say the civilian fleet can travel at say 10 light years a minute: So 600 light years an hour, 14,400 light years a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                                Well if we say the civilian fleet can travel at say 10 light years a minute: So 600 light years an hour, 14,400 light years a day.
                                That seems fair. with the 20,000 Ly bubble Mckoy is proposing, it means that civilian and cargo ships can reach all of the colonies in roughly a day. Military ships will be alot faster so that means that if any planet is attacked then the fleet can reach that planet within a matter of hours (which would be vitial for defence)

Comment

Working...
                                X