X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I am going to be gone until wed so have fun and play nice

and please don't add 20 pages while I'm gone

10 I can handle though

EDIT: also I like the idea of another species that is high tech but low tech comparativelyhowever I would like to see some high numbers in them and maybe they have good cloaking and by that I mean not going invisible but really good at jamming sensor systems so its hard to detect them
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Wow we can make new races that is sweet, if I have a good idea can I propose it to the group

and god I can't wait till I can just post in the forum without Mod approval

Comment

20 pages will mostlikely be added seing we cn do up to four a day....

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
          20 pages will mostlikely be added seing we cn do up to four a day....
          Well at least try
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

try not to discuss things? Thats going to be hard XD

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

alright then how about 15 is that a fair compromise?
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

I will accept, but others may not

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Comment

So have we finished with the Cruiser now, can we move on to the next ship on the list. BTW guys if you read back many pages it was agreed that we are adding a battle carrier to the fleet so that some of the BB designs can be modified to suit. All this talk of not needing fighter carrying capability is utter crap. Though true we did not see Stargate put up mass screens of fighters, they were against them more than enough. As seen on BSG flak screens can only do so much, ineveitably you will commit your fighters.

Also it was suggested before to have a non partisan memeber collect the votes and you guys didn't want that. Now that PJ has won fairly by one vote you want a recount? Christ guys get over it and move on. This is how you set it out, see it through and set out the rules before we vote, not after it's done.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    Why is that? The armor would be fitted as square "scales" that can be lifted out and replaced if damaged. And they would cost next to nothing because their production is in the UNEF's hands and involves nothing more than programing one of our remaining Asgard beaming systems to teleport square chunks out of a black dwarf.

the reason i don't like it may be how i imagine it, i know its not suppose to be imagined that way, but i can't help seeing it in those ways.
                    time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know I'm only new here but I agree, you can't have a decent fleet without a battle carrier, even if it's only one or two.

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
                        the reason i don't like it may be how i imagine it, i know its not suppose to be imagined that way, but i can't help seeing it in those ways.
                        Personally I think it's imaginative and it's much like the technology used on the Shuttles, only somewhat more advanced. So are we going to declare the winner or not? What are we waiting for? I'd like to get started on the Dropship entry (gunship)

Comment

Originally posted by jackclone1 View Post
                          Personally I think it's imaginative and it's much like the technology used on the Shuttles, only somewhat more advanced. So are we going to declare the winner or not? What are we waiting for? I'd like to get started on the Dropship entry (gunship)
                          we are waiting until wedesday as some newer people have yet to vote. Feel free to begin on your design now, just because we have not finished the voting on the cruiser doesnt mean you cannot start

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Right, I'll do that. I think also it might be a good time to open a new thread soley for submitting the entries and voting, too much gets lost here in the chit chat and as we've seen guys end up not getting their entry recognised.

Comment

Originally posted by jackclone1 View Post
                              So have we finished with the Cruiser now, can we move on to the next ship on the list. BTW guys if you read back many pages it was agreed that we are adding a battle carrier to the fleet so that some of the BB designs can be modified to suit. All this talk of not needing fighter carrying capability is utter crap. Though true we did not see Stargate put up mass screens of fighters, they were against them more than enough. As seen on BSG flak screens can only do so much, ineveitably you will commit your fighters.
                              Actually, BSG style flak screen are defiantly not the answer, that much shrapnel is a big a problem for your own missiles and plasma bolts, and against shielded fighters it's a dangerous distraction at best. I appreciate your military experience Jackclone, but fighters just don't have a real place in combat outside of planetary and orbital operations. At least, not small fighters, single ships can still be very useful, but they need to be FTL capable to do the same kind of beyond the horizon strikes as real fighters, and carry weapons heavy enough to harm ships, so that imposes a lower limit on their size, which means they end up being too big to be classified as a "fighter" and fall under "gunship".

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
                              How do you imagine it?

One last thing: I'm just throwing this out there, but as a way to encourage emigration to the colonies and boot up Earth's techbase without collapsing the economy, could a technology control law be put into affect on Earth, but the colonies would be exempted from? That means you still get the steady revenue from the regular economy, but you have thousands flocking to the colonies where they can make a fortune in the new tech fields and industries. And just take the law out of effect when the effects on Earth become negligible.
                              It would turn Earth into a backwater for a decade or so, but spreading out our infrastructure should be top priority, it's really easy to totally depopulate a planet in SG.

Comment

PJ's original specs for his fighter were FTL capable until someone told him, "Oh no we can't have FTL fighters." My question is why not? They are on other shows, what makes this so different. The original X302 was supposed to have the naquadria hyper drive but it failed, wouldn't logic dictate by the time this fleet is envisioned, that problem might be solved. I really don't get this anti-fighter debate. This is Sci-Fi we can do whatever we want within the bounds of not making it overly FW.

Comment

Working...
                                X