Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm taking things from our history, here:

The Wraith and Jotnar are in a cold war now. Thanks to Todd's Superhives and the Jotnar's stolen Asgard tech MAD is highly probable. The Pegasus Coalition will probably suffer the most from this, since the Wraith will keep culling. I imagine the Genii Federation is still in the state of re-forming, and Laden likes us anyway. A few rouge Kolya followers are a possible threat.

In the Milky Way, there will be some surprises from the Aschen (and not the kind you guys think) in an arc I'm planning. The Lucian Alliance is our biggest open competitor, so before anything happens with the Aschen (who, as far as we're concerned, haven't tried anything in decades) we might have some skirmishes with the Lucian Alliance.

Then of course there's the rather tense relationship between the Jaffa states, especially the Systems Alliance and the Holy Empire. I could see Kheb/Khalek trying to goad the SA to war with the HE. That would be a good arc, and collateral damage would have the potential to be massive.

On the subject of Kheb/Khalek, can I propose something radical? What if this clone was actually a girl? We could call her Khebhut, because Khebhut was Anubis's actual daughter in Egyptian mythology. What do you think?
    Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; 28 July 2010, 08:37 AM.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      I'm taking things from our history, here:

The Wraith and Jotnar are in a cold war now. Thanks to Todd's Superhives and the Jotnar's stolen Asgard tech MAD is highly probable. The Pegasus Coalition will probably suffer the most from this, since the Wraith will keep culling. I imagine the Genii Federation is still in the state of re-forming, and Laden likes us anyway. A few rouge Kolya followers are a possible threat.

In the Milky Way, there will be some surprises from the Aschen (and not the kind you guys think) in an arc I'm planning. The Lucian Alliance is our biggest open competitor, so before anything happens with the Aschen (who, as far as we're concerned, haven't tried anything in decades) we might have some skirmishes with the Lucian Alliance.

Then of course there's the rather tense relationship between the Jaffa states, especially the Systems Alliance and the Holy Empire. I could see Kheb/Khalek trying to goad the SA to war with the HE. That would be a good arc, and collateral damage would have the potential to be massive.

On the subject of Kheb/Khalek, can I propose something radical? What if this clone was actually a girl. We could call her Khebhut, because Khebhut was Anubis's actual daughter in Egyptian mythology. What do you think?
      Thats actually not a bad idea. it would give her an added avantage of being able to persuade people into doing what she wants

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

it's anubis' clone. Anubis is a goauld. anybody, any girl or guy could be the Clone. depends on who he uses.

i'm fine with a girl. as long as she realizes a god complex WILL kill you.

Comment

As the one who first made Keb in the second fleet I am fine with her being a girl as long as she doesn't do exactly what Keb did in 2.0 I think we should be fine
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Since it's your arc, fugiman, you call the shots.

You should at least be the one to write the story that sets up her character: how she got here, what she's doing, etc.
            sigpic

Comment

Well are we still giving her powers like Khalek or not because I was thinking that she could have been one of the first clones that Anubis had worked on and so she has all the memories of Anubis but none of the powers that Khalek got later and in fact Anubis actaully treated her like a daughter as the two worked on projects together but thats just what I was thinking
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

That sounds good.

It also matches Khebhut's mythological role; she helped her father embalm the dead.
                sigpic

Comment

oh by the way guys if you don't hear from me again its my 21st birthday here in the states and thats the legal age to drink and knowing my friends they are going to make me take 21 shots so if you don't hear from me again it was great working on this with and name some fugiman please
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

more alcohol than blood, ey.

well how about she didn't recieve any powers because she didn't get the treatment. maybe something genetic prevented her from getting such powers. she wasn't "terminated" because Anubis realised she would be useful in helping him correcting the errors.

Comment

Happy birthday then, fugi! Sadly, it won't let me green you.

Please don't kill yourself.
                      sigpic

Comment

So, I just got ripped off by blizzard.

What's new in the VF?
                        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                        sigpic

Comment

What's the last thing you saw?

We have a back-story, we've almost finished the Earth fleet, and we're nearly at the writing stage.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking a hathor-type woman with the knowledge capacity of anubis.

Happy birthday dude!

Comment

I was thinking more like Nirrti, given her background.

But it's up to fugiman . . . if he lives.
                              sigpic

Comment

please i hate Hathor. she's just....crap.

i'm thinking more along the lines of an intelligent, aware person who isn't afraid to do what suits HER best. bit like the Eights from BSG: if switching sides is better, then she does it. although of course that's switching DARK sides, not just suddenly becoming the good person for the sake of it. i don't think she's capable of sincere good: the power of Anubis' memories is simply too powerful. although i'd consider making her more of a blank personality: IE she starts out like any human but the genetic memory graduately takes shape, influencing her but not directly marking her, so to speak.

she helped anubis because otherwise she outlives her usefullness. i don't think she buys into the whole religion thing and rather would build up some sect that follows her ideas but not necessarily worships anything.

i think she's more of a science girl who considers the memories both a blessing and a curse. now she's working on perfecting the Kull, sacrificing some of the uber aspects (although still high-resistance against everything, they're not immune like Anubian Kull) and superstrenght for a creature with longer lifespan, a hybrid between a Kull and a Blank Slate (goauld genes and possibly her own genes as part of it's genetic makeup), not uber intelligent but more of a " problem solver". someone in the way? shoot him. cliff? go around or build a bridge. that sort of stuff: not utterly dumb but not the kind you have a lenghty conversation with.
                                additionally i think it should have a Personal Shield, but more like Pegasgard (can take some damage but not uber amounts. never make your minions stronger than yourself)

as to all minions:

-Humans/jaffa/aliens, manipulated and misled, some joined voluntairly. they follow her, to benefit from her knowledge and wisdom and cunning. she does use her goauld knowledge to cure the sick, but health is only sustained by injections. (kinda like Tretonin with it's side effects. once you're on it, you always will need it. except this is a unique healing method)

-Kull. new kull. less powerful, less uber. still come in good numbers.

-Kull Lord. drone with a Hand Device (modified into kull armor ofcourse) which has superior strenght and power and intellect over a Kull. leads group of kull. although not utterly standing out, the Kull Lord is generally a bit bigger, has the trademark hand device and is clearly in command.

-Kull Assasin wears completely different, notably lighter armor. has a wrist gun on one arm, a trinium retractable knife on the other. has vision in IR spectrum only. has Goauld Goggles (Deadman's Switch). has Personal Cloaking Device

-Kull Overlord. Kull Lord + black cloak. controls large platoons of Kull and Kull Lords, if necessary controls ships. intelligent like a normal human, still obedient. has a personal shield similar to a Goauld System Lord (as in, powerful), some prefer personal Cloaks. carry a Hand Device capable of shooting kinetic bolts. very few of these exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X