Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    well lets continue battling that.

the Ori are IMO a huge mistake. WAY too uber and WAY to underkill at the same time.

the ori are capable of singlehandedly devastating the entire MW, they don't need stupid followers for that. why not launch replicators, kill all MW life, then go spread believers to several galaxies, or just use your ascended powers to terraform the entire galaxy and place followers there, and then overwhelm the ancients.

no, the ori make no sense and are idiotic. the LA would've made a better enemy: goauld tech with human intellect.
    Completely agree, i vote for Retconning the entire Ori storyline, race and campaign, and basicly go from Mid S8 to the begining off SGU, an attack from the LA on Destiny base. Scrap SGA complete if needs be, including those incarnations of the ancients as a whole. Just jump from SG1 through to the SGU start, then continue but from the PoV of Earth's bases are being attacked from the LA and others after a period of buildup and expansion in our alpha sites and mining programs in the period which would have been S9/10 and Continuum.

also getting asgard tech was another huge mistake. naquahdriah-powered ships is better.
    I still want us to have the basics, Shields, Hyperdrives, Beaming and Sensors but nothing more than what Deadalus has. Esepcially nothing from Unending.

the Tok'ra queen should remain alive, and through earth;s help, they can build a mobile shipyard and build some of their own ships.
    I agree, i think the use of a Sarcofagus would have been completely justified as a one time use to revive Egeria, Tokra must use them occasionally as part of thier disguise practices anyway and we know that it takes mutliple uses to become insane, a single use to same thier species would make the Tokra a much more powerful species and i think bases on the surface along the lines of those seen in continuum, would be perfect.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Don't like the idea of scrapping Atlantis...... but i'd go for a big recon. Change when we find it, who goes....re-do the wraith and their hierarchy and what-not.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

though i'm against what tep's proposing, i like SGU 's ancients better than SGA's. with pain in my heart, i have to admit that SGA is being completely put to shame by SGU. much better ancients, much more realism while adding a healthy dose of cool.

i'm not sure about the inclusion of SGU though.

also we'll still be stuck with some of the uberpowerlevel weapons. i'd like goauld weapons to be KT form the beginning, instead of MT.

but then the retcon list would be so long, we might just start anew as well.

if you're really pressing that hard: we could've designed a 200m lenght BC-type ship by 2012 and we start from there. but that's all i give in.

Comment

The weapons figures are the easiest thing to retcon, just change them. It was only said once that they were MT level per energy shot or whatever, change them. Nuke with naquadah can be much larger but energy shots and shield figures and that are easy, change them. I doubt anyone will have that issue. Just edit down all shield and weapons figures so they are consistant, as long as the power levels between various kinds of weapons and races are still roughly the same i dont care what strength or size blasts we are making. And im not saying include SGu as a storyline just that specific attack, as a kick start. And i really dont see why you are against what im saying. Its a good balence between complete retcon and keep it fleetish.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

because i'm fed up with just writing in an easy fleet, and against basing it off SG1 again. it's overdone. 100% of all fleets did it

Comment

well lets continue battling that.

the Ori are IMO a huge mistake. WAY too uber and WAY to underkill at the same time.

the ori are capable of singlehandedly devastating the entire MW, they don't need stupid followers for that. why not launch replicators, kill all MW life, then go spread believers to several galaxies, or just use your ascended powers to terraform the entire galaxy and place followers there, and then overwhelm the ancients.
              Agree on the fact that the Ori aren't needed. Not true on the last bit. Converting people is still easier than working with a blank galaxy, the Ori simply don't have the industrial base for that kind of transforming. And they seem to be completely apathetic towards the lower realms as long as they get their quota of worship, so basically, I think their just to lazy to exert themselves.

no, the ori make no sense and are idiotic. the LA would've made a better enemy: goa'uld tech with human intellect.
              I'd prefer the New Mind Goa'uld, not only are they far more open minded, but they dress more stylishly to.

also getting asgard tech was another huge mistake. naquahdriah-powered ships is better.
              Agreed, no Core, but I don't see a reason they won't share he more peaceful stuff like the beaming and hyperdrives. They seemed quite intent on grooming Humanity as the Fifth Race from the get go pretty much, especially once we showed them how to destroy the replicators.

i've been thinking about what tom said.

if the Altairans are tweaked a bit, they can become quite important. first of all, i'd like to see them develop their own ships. not earth-like in design or anything, but rather designed to be largely automated. each is essentially a weaponsplatform, which can give the goauld a good fight. not too massproduced, or it's not fun, but not underproduced either.
              Big, major, gaping problem with that. There aren't any Altairans left any more. There's Harlan, that's it. No way we can have the Altairans rise from the ashes without time travel, their way too far gone, their so close to the singularity of extinction they can see the back of their own heads.

Altairan tehcnology on the other hand, would be immensely useful to Earth, and it would precipitate some major economical and social changes. Advanced energy storage devices (electric cars), prosthesis, direct neural interfacing. All gold mine technologies.

the Tok'ra queen should remain alive, and through earth;s help, they can build a mobile shipyard and build some of their own ships.
              This isn't C&C, you can't just build a mobile shipyard, there needs to be R&D into that sort of thing. It's easier for them to just steal ships, a vial of symbiont poison into a Ha'Tak...

Comment

because i'm fed up with just writing in an easy fleet, and against basing it off SG1 again. it's overdone. 100% of all fleets did it
                Killman, it's Stargate, if we make this too hard, nobody will participate. There has to be a balance.

As to the Antarctic SGC, I'm going to go with a no so hot idea. There have been a lot of foothold situations at the SGC over the years, and placing it next to the most overfull weapon on the planet is a bit... inviting for Murphy. Ideally, Earth's stargate should be placed somewhere on the dark side of the moon, in a based dug up with tunnel crystals.

Then we should have an off world SGC that's actually in charge of exploration and fighting. Because making a facility big enough for that on the moon would be costly, it's better to use it as a transit station.

Now, as to the people who want us to have some bases before the show, I say: what if we never abandoned Abydos? There were plenty of Ra's toys around to reverse engineer, and it gives us aces to Naquadah, and it's possible because we didn't know about any otehr Stargates until Jackson found the Abydos Cartouche. Eh? Win win for all sides.

Comment

It doesn't look that easy if you got from SG1-s8 directly to the beginning of SGU. The only things that changed are :

- no Ori-arc and SGA-arc (we are very bad at telling story about uber-advanced and uber-powerful civilization, let's forget about it)

- Unending never happened (well, I'm sure you understand why so)

- SG1 has pretty much retired : except Mitchell and maybe Vala, everyone else is no more interested by the field trips (Jack in his office, Teal'c back to the FJN, Carter on the Phoenix and Daniel somewhere with lots of rocks and ruins). You could focus on all the other possible iterations of SG teams.

- We can improve the initial concept of the Lucian Alliance, Tok'ra nation (it may be time they change their name), Free Jaffa Nation and smart Goa'ulds. Maybe even steal some ideas from SGWorld.
                  La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                  L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

yes yes but humans that once had access to those, so there's still gonna be the coonsequences.
                    This is a total different set of humans, I think people are missing what I mean by 3rd gen humans: 3rd generation of human evolution. I don't want to tinker with the SG1 timeline. That isn't a fleet, that's fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                      This is a total different set of humans, I think people are missing what I mean by 3rd gen humans: 3rd generation of human evolution. I don't want to tinker with the SG1 timeline. That isn't a fleet, that's fan fiction.
                      Fact is, all that tech won't disappear. It took the Ancients millions of years to invent hyper-drive technology, but the Goa'uld were able to reverse engineer it in no more than a hundred, as Earth did it in five years. Once a technology is invented, it sticks around.

Comment

i agree with the whole removal of SGA( we gained the city, earth should equal to uber pawn, since we should be able to build their stuff.

I do however like the Antarctic base idea, maybe the weapon complex isn't directly connected so if there is a foot hold situation they still have to travel, of they could move the weapon platform like in Las vegas and EATG.

keeping the ori arc serves no purpose in its own so we could use the LA instead.
                        time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well that won't happen if we start with a new race of humans. Totally different weapons.
                          Davidtourniquet if we start a new human race then we first need to be right them a home world and a history and behaviours and then other races and their histories behaviours. On top we need to come up with a enemy their technology, behaviour motives and ships. Then the galaxy and how it works.

I think the others agree that that is too big a job for 9 or 10 people some who probably are not good writers the others can tell you without spell checking my messages 2 or 3 time you cannot make heads or tails of it.
                          so I probably will not be weighting. it is just too big of a job and i am not good at detail so I have left a lot out.

It is far easier to adjust cannon events in a way to fit are story like thekillman said we could make a slightly different way, to keep the toc’ra queen alive for example they found her on earth along with Osiris and Isis.

if we do the new generation of people the very essence of earth and the SGC would be lost and many of the people debating on what the fic is going to be properly will not take part.
                          Last edited by guppy338; 12 April 2010, 02:51 PM. Reason: more mistakes

Comment

I don't now, Atlantis is a pretty big part of the mythology, taking it out entirely seems a bit extreme. There's no reason we can't do it intelligently this time around.

The Lanteans were the tattered remnants of an empire that may well have numbered in the trillions if they ruled over all of the Milky Way, their technology while superior in some aspects, would still lack to breath and depth of Alteran engineering.

Comment

what about doing what they originally did in S1... and have them cut off? send a bigger group through with better weapons and, if we have them by then, Earth Built Jumpers.....then just leave them off in Pegasus unable to return for a long time?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Two reasons: One, the Asgard have drives that can cross the distance, and as out allies, and seeing that it's the city of the Ancients... And two: power modulators let us dial extragalactic-ally for a short time.

Comment

Working...
                                X