No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking that the Anubis cloned (to be named) tried to pass himself off as a normal human and telling everyone that he used to be a host but now retains the memories and knowledge of the former goa'uld and slowly starts to rebuild his empire using humans as his army and people while and targeting jaffa worlds at the start to get back for their betrayal and rallies humans around him telling them that the jaffa and goa'uld (who he now hunts) have used and abused the humans for too long and earth isn't doing enough about it and that he is the humans great hope in being top dogs in the universe
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

@PJOZ: I was reading the 302 specs particularly noting the company development, so I added that detail on the engine specs since the MEC system seems to do everything already. Also, I was just wondering about the E model of the Typhoon. How are attached are you to passenger carrying capacity? It seems like a weird thing for a fighter.

Also, did a slight update on the engine model:
      Spoiler:

3 flaps does look better, plus it lines up with 3 linear aerospikes and three field emitters. As the model currently is, the internal bay space is limited, but I think you could realistically add more external hardpoints if you want.
      Last edited by blackluster; 11 July 2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Modified Energy Field Aerospike Engines
        what in the name of science is this?

as to the Khalek, why would humans follow him? besides the goauld are near extinction, i bet humans and Tok'ra simply take the symbionts and strand them on a planet without stargate, without proper resources. i do not believe they want xenocide on their hands

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          as to the Khalek, why would humans follow him? besides the goauld are near extinction, i bet humans and Tok'ra simply take the symbionts and strand them on a planet without stargate, without proper resources. i do not believe they want xenocide on their hands
          Particularly the Tok'ra which are basically Goa'ulds. and still on the verge of extinctions (unless they force their philosophy on a queen and have her make new (blank?) symbiotes)

And having Khalek2 become a super-smart human-ascended goa'uld hybrid that leads his own modified human army reminds a little too much of Michael in SGA. Though I prefer that to him being a Jaffa.

The solution would be to have him being detained by the Traditionnalists who use him for their own propaganda among the other Jaffas.

Remember that in the early years, the Jaffas used to go to Kheb at the end of their life to learn a way to transcend their nature.

Now that they know about the Ascended, the powers and knowledge displayed by Anubis and the fact that the Goa'ulds are no longer the top dog of MW, this new Khalek represents a new step both in their own evolution and that of their little empire.

You could still have the average Jaffa sees him as some successor of Oma Dessalah while the leaders of the Traditionnalists are not that naive. As long as he remains in their territory, Khalek2 will be nothing more than a tool with little power. As a clone of Anubis, he'll probably try to build a personal network and take control of the Jaffas.
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Particularly the Tok'ra which are basically Goa'ulds. and still on the verge of extinctions (unless they force their philosophy on a queen and have her make new (blank?) symbiotes)
            i'd say they figured out how to turn a tok'ra into a queen and now they're no more on the verge of extinction. Hosts might prove a problem though.

And having Khalek2 become a super-smart human-ascended goa'uld hybrid that leads his own modified human army reminds a little too much of Michael in SGA. Though I prefer that to him being a Jaffa.
            mind transferring to a human might do too.

i'm fed up with super-smart super-powerful super everything. wouldn't it be nicer if a guy USED to being super in every way has to deal with his new highly NOT super body?

You could still have the average Jaffa sees him as some successor of Oma Dessalah while the leaders of the Traditionnalists are not that naive.
            actually i'd consider the System Alliance a perfect candidate for being manipulated by him. progressivist Jaffa probably would SHOOT any goauld before it could make any offer. the FJR and JPA are jaffa who realise that their old ways aren't perfect and that it's time to move on. they would never accept anything from any goauld ever.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              i'd say they figured out how to turn a tok'ra into a queen and now they're no more on the verge of extinction. Hosts might prove a problem though.
              Oh yeah. Why not?

mind transferring to a human might do too.

i'm fed up with super-smart super-powerful super everything. wouldn't it be nicer if a guy USED to being super in every way has to deal with his new highly NOT super body?
              Well I meant "super smart" as in "Churchil's super smart" -ness. No need to have another close to ascension super-human. He traded them for Anubis's knowledge. He could still be a little stronger than your average human since he hangs out with Jaffas.

actually i'd consider the System Alliance a perfect candidate for being manipulated by him. progressivist Jaffa probably would SHOOT any goauld before it could make any offer. the FJR and JPA are jaffa who realise that their old ways aren't perfect and that it's time to move on. they would never accept anything from any goauld ever.
              It would be like with Yu's First Prime. The guy know that his lord is not a god but still follows him and accomplish his will to preserve his empire. He is smart enough to have Yu make the decisions that he wants him to make.

As to Khalek2, he is here to support the traditionnalist ways. The SA Jaffa leaders knows that Khalek2 is not a god (or an envoy of gods) but they think they could use him to get stronger. As you pointed out, they need him as much as he needs them. They are somewhat manipulating him as much as he is manipulating the System Alliance. And Khalek2 alone can't rule over the whole SA.

Note: That's something that was not lampshaded enough in SG1. Getting rid of the System Lords shouldn't have ended the Goa'ulds supreme control over the galaxy, because there was still the whole administration they left behind. And those people took a liking to political power and would make anything to preserve it.
              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Note: That's something that was not lampshaded enough in SG1. Getting rid of the System Lords shouldn't have ended the Goa'ulds supreme control over the galaxy, because there was still the whole administration they left behind. And those people took a liking to political power and would make anything to preserve it.

well the goauld were pretty much the ones in control, and nobody probably listened to their underlings once the goauld fell.

actually i'd prefer if the SA didn't know who he was

Comment

I'm just saying as a human with no super powers other the knowledge he could be a huge threat to the fact that he could manipulate humans to fighting against earth as he would claim they haven't done enough for the milky way and use them to get revenge on the jaffa and any goa'uld left while building up his base of operation knowing that he is only human but smarter then most humans
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Well I'm sure after disclosure there are still going to be terrorist organisations, why couldn't he be the head of one of them?

Comment

Well maybe a few of us could write our ideas out that we had and then we could vote on the one that people like the best and this way it gives people who are story based a chance to write something up how does that sound?
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

because i doubt terrorists get spaceships?

besides the LA fills that role.

and additionally, not too earth-centric please. i'm more thinking of a jaffa civil war and xenocide against Tok'ra and Goauld

Comment

Well I was thinking xenocide against Tok'ra and Goauld and jaffa and then earth as those are all the enemies that Anubis had on this plane of existence
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

I really haterepating myself, voting for one fighter type is needless, and really stalls the fleet. For every pilot will have ot either modify or remove partys of their fighter to make room for a mission particular piece or the like, having different types of fighters keeps this from happening. voting on one kind of fighter is useless. also even though i'm rep[ating myself, killman, The Admiral did win. debating over this fact is useless.

But on other accounts, I will remain out, I think Project 210 would be more useful in Laekoo on another site, unless Amann wants it...

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

blackluster, Ur image of the fighter is great, but I'm not a fan of the 302 wings. Somthing like the F-22's or the Su-47's would look far nicer IMO

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

speaking of fighter pictures, what did you use Blacky? also could you be so kind as to place that in spoiler tags? it is streching the thread.

New question/concern of mine, SG teams, we can we actually start constructing them?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X