Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    Can't this person just steop trhough a Stargater at a very unoportune time and be flung into our reality, sometime like when theplanet's under attack and the gate gets hit as he goes through, it worked with using Asgard beam weapons into a wormhole.
    possibly, but this is why we are deciding what to do with him. Do we want him on a small Alesian ship? Or as a person flung through a stargate somewhere? What kind of ship if we go with option one? lots of options
    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
      Can I point out (and just being picky), that isn't the milky way
      Although the Milky Way may look like that.
      Earth will be in one of the spiral arms about 8 kpc out.
      Fanmade but I like how he worked out the designation syestem :

Spoiler:

Still trying to find Chulak...

the logic behind it :

Spoiler:

Last edited by lord groovy; 23 June 2010, 09:09 PM.
      La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
      L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

I want to use that map! lol, it actually works out perfectly for my story hehe.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
          I want to use that map! lol, it actually works out perfectly for my story hehe.
          where is the Alesian's homeworld?
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
            where is the Alesian's homeworld?
            well it is supposed to be in the galactic north, but earth was to be in the galactic east........tartarus is near the other side of the galaxy. Guess Alesia has to be galactic south now or be galactic north with Earth in galactic west. ill post a map shortly of Alesian territory.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

well I imagined Rivanna to be up closer to the main Alesian body, but it could be explained the Alesians wanted a forward base to strike at Goa'uld homeworlds in the future if needed.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
                Spoiler:

well I imagined Rivanna to be up closer to the main Alesian body, but it could be explained the Alesians wanted a forward base to strike at Goa'uld homeworlds in the future if needed.
                Interesting, I never imagined the Alesian's having so much territory but of course in this fleet the Alesian's will be no-where near that big

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

here the alesians will not have that much territory

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                    here the alesians will not have that much territory
                    Denfetly not. Even one planet will be too much givin how powerfull they are...

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                      Denfetly not. Even one planet will be too much givin how powerfull they are...
                      it is why it is Amann alone No chance for a new Alesian Empire
                      sigpic

Comment

they should have a number of world the milky way is huge the Alesian empire could be one of the larger territory we have just not gone there and form reading golden dawn the Alesian are isolationists and don’t tend to send much out apart from invasions.

so it is likely they do have a number of world just to put it like this while the Goauld say they rule the galaxy they could rule the core worlds and the mid rim but nothing much more then that or majority of their territories could be in the galactic south and east just putting it in do a context how large the galaxy is the grace aliens could have a large amount of their territory you just have not heard from them yet because their hyperdrive is not as fast as earth and the Goauld

Comment

No, it may be possible, but NO. If we did it would cause problems, and lots of them.

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

if the alesian territory is that big we'd have heard of them. they're frakking ancients, they could detect us with ease and we could detect them.

the Locust ARE a local threat.

the Aschen have a small territory but "high density" IE practically every star in it is theirs and the planets are exploited.

a better term is "sphere of influence". this means the ease at which a target species can send reinforcements. say, within the hour. this means that the line between two empires would be at the location where, if both were to send a ship, the ships would meet.

Earth's sphere of influence is massive, as is the jaffa's. however earth's territory is incredibly, incredibly small compared to the rest.

Comment

I say we let Amann have a couple of pals, at least. We want him to actually do something.

Where's that map? It's gone from the original post, and I can't read the finer details of Amann's post. One thing that looks wrong is that Earth might be too far from the Aschen Confederacy, but I can't tell for certain.

EDIT: A slightly more accurate picture of the Milky Way Galaxy can be found here, though of course it's still just an artist's rendering. It's big enough for quite a lot of detail.
                              Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; 24 June 2010, 08:40 AM.
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                                I say we let Amann have a couple of pals, at least. We want him to actually do something.

Where's that map? It's gone from the original post, and I can't read the finer details of Amann's post. One thing that looks wrong is that Earth might be too far from the Aschen Confederacy, but I can't tell for certain.

EDIT: A slightly more accurate picture of the Milky Way Galaxy can be found here, though of course it's still just an artist's rendering. It's big enough for quite a lot of detail.
                                That map would be alot better, We would just need to make sure that Earth falls into the Orion arm, and the various other planets into the correct position

the Locust ARE a local threat.
                                When you say Local, what do you mean? Will the ships be spread out through-out the galaxy, or will they be found within a certain part of the galaxy. Considering they are your race its up to you, but IMO if they were spread through-out the galaxy it increases their threat as you don't know what system will be targeted next.

Comment

Working...
                                X