Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    they will -eventually- wear out. it seems hard to believe that such a simple magnet can provide so much power.

i have an USB stick with Blender installed on it.;
    I have a USB stick, but it isn't very big and is mostly for projects of writing, and also my BL submission, which takes up a majority of space on the USB drive, but I never got the hang of blender, barely got hang of SU

Actually it is a dozen or more magnets coiled around a single rod, which spins inside the coil of magnets to provide power, when I press on the gas pedal the magnets tighten, so to speak, around the rod and it spins faster, press the break, and they retract to slow down, but its never actually off. I haven't had any troubles with it and I check it once a week. A friend of my family knows a man who put the same system for his house's power supply, he nrever pays the electric company for power because he provides his own power supply. I took it a step further and now never needto buy gasoline or diesel fuel

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I have a USB stick, but it isn't very big and is mostly for projects of writing, and also my BL submission, which takes up a majority of space on the USB drive, but I never got the hang of blender, barely got hang of SU
      point is i installed various useful programs on it to use at school. it's extremely cheap and very useful. my stick is 2 GB i believe, want a newer bigger one BTW. you can probably install SU on it.

Actually it is a dozen or more magnets coiled around a single rod, which spins inside the coil of magnets to provide power, when I press on the gas pedal the magnets tighten, so to speak, around the rod and it spins faster, press the break, and they retract to slow down, but its never actually off. I haven't had any troubles with it and I check it once a week. A friend of my family knows a man who put the same system for his house's power supply, he nrever pays the electric company for power because he provides his own power supply. I took it a step further and now never needto buy gasoline or diesel fuel
      like a magnetic fly wheel?

my question: if it's such a miracle machine, why isn't it used for electric cars?

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
        hmm, this is a difficult one. Each fighter design has somthing that just isnt going to work, or will go wrong. Killmans Chimera system sounds interesting but there is nothing else that really stands out (no offence). Also alot of people seem to be using Ion engines and Shields. but the biggest thing is that their is no real variation in the weapons system. Everyone seems to be using the same missiles, or simply stating that various missiles casn be placed on. I mean no offence by what I am saying, but im simply expresing some of the things that concern me.

I'm going to place one of my votes now as I need more time to thing this through (I was never intending on voting for myself because I dont think that helps the voting process, but the lack of variation in weapons systems has me concerned.) I will place my second vote hopefully soon.

So:

Davidtourniquet:___2
        Vortex

bradly08:_________1
        Hawk

thekillman:________2
        Aethon

immhotep:________0
        Medusa/Hydra

Princess Awinita:____0
        Windfire or Startail

blackluster:________0
        Asagai

puddlejumperOZ:___0
        F-100, Mk. I and II

fugiman:__________0
        Merlin

Voters: Thekillman(2/2), Davidtourniquet(2/2), Bradly08 (1/2)
        The thing is there aren't many different types of missiles you can put on a fighter.
        Ion engines wouldn't normally work in atmospheres as they don't provide enough thrust. However, if you have a powerful enough power source (such as a naquadah generator), then you can get enough thrust to power it (hence why I put in the history about needing 100MW to get the vortex to Mach 2 and then letting the scramjet take over), the other option is to take off with the ion engines and engage the booster before using the scramjets. So there are a lot of options.

Comment

Netherlands: 2 :1 Brazil

Comment

First off, I'd just like to commend everyone for making this a dang hard choice. I'm torn about four ways. Sadly, however, I get only one vote, so I'm going to throw my vote in with David's ship, because his engine systems put him ahead (in my opinion). I would suggest, however, that in the post-vote review we add on the COPS (Chimera Optics Projection System) from 'killman's ship, regardless of who wins.

Davidtourniquet:___3
            Vortex

Hawk

Aethon

Medusa/Hydra

Princess Awinita:____1 (Startail), 0 (Windfire)
            Windfire or Startail

blackluster:________0
            Asagai

puddlejumperOZ:___0
            F-100, Mk. I and II

fugiman:__________1
            Merlin

Voters:
            Thekillman (2/2), Davidtourniquet (2/2), Bradly08 (1/2), Princess Awinita (2/2), Lt. Col. Mcoy (1/1)
            Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; 02 July 2010, 09:37 AM.
            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

in hindsight the decision was pretty easy actually.

Comment

Gelukwens Nederland.

Hope that's right

Comment

yes that's right.

Comment

My 2 cents worth, I'm naturally voting for my own and Blacky's
                    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Current count:

Davidtourniquet:___3
                      Vortex

Hawk

Aethon

Medusa/Hydra

Princess Awinita:____1 (Startail), 0 (Windfire)
                      Windfire or Startail

blackluster:________1
                      Asagai

puddlejumperOZ:___1
                      F-100, Mk. I and II

fugiman:__________1
                      Merlin

Voters:
                      Thekillman (2/2), Davidtourniquet (2/2), Bradly08 (1/2), Princess Awinita (2/2), Lt. Col. Mcoy (1/1), puddlejumperOZ (2/2)
                      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I'm voting for my own and I'm voting for the Commander and say that if nothing else lets use his design as a way to modernize the 302 that earth still has
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Oh and by the way Killman why don't you like shield generators on fighters?

According to you earth builds better stuff rather then cannon fodder so why not put a shield and have an emergency beam out system so we can save pilots lives or other tech system to help with keeping the pilot alive?
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

sheilds on a fighter isnt logical why waist a device like that on sucha small craft? its a waste of money

Comment

According to you earth builds better stuff rather then cannon fodder so why not put a shield and have an emergency beam out system so we can save pilots lives or other tech system to help with keeping the pilot alive?
                              i do not believe we can put a shield on it. we're acting as if earth can build and reverse engineer anything, and i am against it. because eventually we'll be the Razg. or the Tau'ri from 3.0 and i dislike that. Imo earth is an underdog and allways will be, a race that bites off a big chunk and does everything it can to chew on it. we defeated enemies through our allies, through ingenuity, and by crossing the Godzilla Threshold more than once. we did crazy stuff. that's why we won. we went further than anyone before.

also if the goauld can't put shields on their craft, IMO we can't.

eject? since when can we build our own beaming tech on a scale far smaller? my BB -and i believe Mckoy's too- had the regular shield in a dual configuration. beam nodes directly from the Deadalus. i think that if we choose to be able to replicate, i think we should only copy the stuff, not understand fully and reverse engineer.

i think a shield on a fighter is a mistake, then we IMO defeat it's purpose.

Comment

But I'm just going with what you said how earth builds better not more and for a fighter that can be used for colonial defense wouldn't it be logical to have a shield on it? And I'm not trying to have us super uber, far from it, I just thought we should be able to make a shield generator and as for the goa'uld, I believe we beat them to the race for a smaller hyperdrive so why not a shield generator especially with all of the knowledge we have and all of the assets McKay, Carter, Tok'ra, Hebrian and all the others
                                A Face you Can Trust
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X