Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see thats something i want, someone that can go toe to toe with o neill and shout him down and have it be believable. Janet would never have backed down from anyone when it came to caring for a patient but she was to small and kind and sweet to actually get into a shouting match with oniell and realistically shout him down. someone that can stare into oneills eyes with out flinching would be awesome, someone who we would all like and dislike at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      see thats something i want, someone that can go toe to toe with o neill and shout him down and have it be believable. Janet would never have backed down from anyone when it came to caring for a patient but she was to small and kind and sweet to actually get into a shouting match with oniell and realistically shout him down. someone that can stare into oneills eyes with out flinching would be awesome, someone who we would all like and dislike at the same time!
      Oh I have no doubt Janet could have done just that if need be. She was one tough cookie. I think of her like a mother bear--don't come between her and her cubs(or patients as the case may be) and that would be whether it was O'Neill or not.

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
        Oh I have no doubt Janet could have done just that if need be. She was one tough cookie. I think of her like a mother bear--don't come between her and her cubs(or patients as the case may be) and that would be whether it was O'Neill or not.
        im not trying to say she couldn't! she could hold her own with the best of them but can you really imagine her having gotten in a serious shouting match with hammond or o'neill? she would never have backed down or been intimidated by them but it just wasnt in her nature to stand nose to nose with someone shouting them down

Comment

She did a pretty good job in Lifeboat.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

it just wasnt in her nature to stand nose to nose with someone shouting them down
            If that's some kind of comment against her height, I'm gonna have to cut you off at the kneecaps. She's taller than me by a whole inch, curse her...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              If that's some kind of comment against her height, I'm gonna have to cut you off at the kneecaps. She's taller than me by a whole inch, curse her...
              well yes her stature is part of it but she was to kind and gentle a person for it be be within her. short people can stare down someone taller than them if its part of their nature.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                My money is on a "Seven of Nine" doctor that will be wearing a short shorts that will make me sick.
                Surely not?! TPTB have managed 7 seasons so far with a good looking cast costumed conservatively in USAF uniform. It's only the aliens with whom they've been a bit more lax. Unless you are suggesting the new CMO will be alien?

Comment

well yes her stature is part of it but she was to kind and gentle a person for it be be within her. short people can stare down someone taller than them if its part of their nature.
                  Sometimes it's the friendly, innocent-seeming ones who are the most dangerous of all.

Comment

i wud have thought tptb wud have learnt their lesson trying to "replace" key characters after the response to jonas.. whoever this new doctor is she could never fill janet's shoes (metaphorically speaking of course, i wouldnt b surprised if a 5year old could fill teryl's real shoes - aint she cute)

Comment

I doubt that they'll focus much on the development of a new CMO character when they will need to focus on O'Neill when they're on the base.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacardi
                        i wud have thought tptb wud have learnt their lesson trying to "replace" key characters after the response to jonas.. whoever this new doctor is she could never fill janet's shoes (metaphorically speaking of course, i wouldnt b surprised if a 5year old could fill teryl's real shoes - aint she cute)
                        In all fairness, they had no intention of replacing her, as they had no idea at the time that an 8th season was on the way.

Comment

yeah its bad enough when they play up the Jack/Sam tension too much with out adding more atraction tension
                          I agree. After a while all of that seething sexual tension really gets on my nerves and I start yelling at the TV set, "For cryin' out loud - just grab her already - sheesh!"

It's enough to make a person nuts....
                          .....whacko...
                          .....three fries short of a -

... aw heck- you get the idea...
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz
                            In all fairness, they had no intention of replacing her, as they had no idea at the time that an 8th season was on the way.
                            actually, they did found out about the 8 season before they star shooting Heroes. Peter DeLuise even asked Amanda what should he do.
                            Amanda said so in a interview.

san

Comment

Originally posted by san
                              actually, they did found out about the 8 season before they star shooting Heroes. Peter DeLuise even asked Amanda what should he do.
                              Amanda said so in a interview.
                              I highly doubt that. IIRC, Teryl knew by the end of January 2003 what they would do to her character (according to an interview in Dreamwatch I think). Rumors in online fandom about that started in February/March 2003. The production number for this episode (when it was still a one parter) was something really low, like #11.

Even *if* they had known then that there would be a Season 8, it would have been too late to stop the production.

The interview you're talking about was only *after* Season 8 was confirmed. And of course Pdl was angry about the decision (who wouldn't be).
                              No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                              (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Otis
                                I doubt that they'll focus much on the development of a new CMO character when they will need to focus on O'Neill when they're on the base.
                                Oh; see now I just have bad images. Thank you so much.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X