This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    No one should be offended by your POV, you stated your opinions in a very matter of fact way and I, for one, am pleased to see your post as I am also not a J/S shipper nor am I anti-J/S - I just do not care either way. I am, however, a Sam fan and I totally disliked pete and the way he behaved because of the complete disrepsct he showed Sam in the second-half of this episode. I do not wish him dead or hurt just gone.
    As someone in an earlier post said, and as I have said in previous posts, put Sam with Barrett - they have chemistry and he's cute (and alive) and already knows all about the SGC and what Sam does so we do not have to be subjected to any of this other contrived nonesense TPTB come up with in relation to Sam's love life (which, BTW, I would prefer to see less, or none of, in S8 so we can see more action and adventure and more of the team together).
    Thanks! It's wonderful to get positive feedback.

I liked your POV and agree with you so much about the "Contrived Nonsense"!

Hmmm,Sam and Agent Barrett,yes: I could certainly live with that,for the same reasons you describe! I'd want it kept off-camera though, along with all/any other "Ship" pairings PTB invent.

Still can't excuse Pete though,or PTB,for foisting Ship on us all without logical thought as to the consequences.Or seeming to forget the action/adventure Sci-Fi stuff. I, for one, really don't want to see weak "soap opera" scraps masquerading as Stargate SG-1 plots any more!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I wish we could just settle the matter in a civil game of Halo. All joking aside, Jack and Pete ought to compare their gun sizes.

Jack's gonna have a lot of pent up emotion from his whole cold sleep, brain assimilation thing. If only Pete were waiting outside of the SGC as Jack leaves for some down time...
      "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

I like the idea of a "Civil game" to settle things...but I have to say,I blame oversights of writing,production,and editing for the Pete situation !
        Hopefully,Season 8 will serve the Characters better .
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Yeah, I think the writers were trying something a little new and realized (hopefully) it didn't quite work. But if this kind of crap continues I'm going to have to go through with my uprising.

Comment

I'd like to see what happens. That dance at the Seniors's place was cute and the point that was made about growing old together was sweet. However, I liked Pete at first but when he checked up on Sam, that really irked me. Something really rubbed me the wrong way about that -- I mean, to be curious is good, but... that was dirty (not in a good way).
            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
              That dance at the Seniors's place was cute and the point that was made about growing old together was sweet.

I found the dance thing smarmy and lame. If some guy took me to a reception that he probably wasn't invited to in the first place & was full of nothing but people twice my age, I'd likely dump him for being a weirdo. And the growing old together comment was waaaaaaaaaaay too early in their relationship (and a sign of a stalker!). The whole date was just cheesy.

Comment

Im starting to think Carter really likes stalkers! First Orin, then Pete...Who next???
                [email protected]
                http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                One nation under dog
                There of which I stand alone
                A face in the crowd
                Unsung, against the mold
                Without a doubt
                Singled out
                The only way I know

Comment

Yah, i wonder if Pete is going to tell her about it, since he knows who she really is now... If i was in a relationship, i don't think i would check the persons background, like Pete did
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Lose him ! Pete is a you-know-where hole.
                    He doesn't trust Sam. He hurts her feelings.
                    And he's bossy.
                    Plus everybody knows who Sam should be with.
                    I rest my case

Maybe their is a way to reverse the events from 'Chimera'.
                    'Accidentely' drop Peter in a room with a Super-soldier.
                    You that, kind of thing
                    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Pete is probably married with five kids and a few felonies attached to his name. Maybe Thor will intervene... Did I mention I loathe the guy?

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                        If i was in a relationship, i don't think i would check the persons background, like Pete did

I've checked for criminal records on a public web site (found one once), but given that she's an AF officer, she can't be a felon. And why would he think the FBI had information on her anyway? Even if she was doing something wrong, the AF would probably be investigating. If not, well then (and I just can't say this enough), he needs to understand that if she's not talking it's because military work is often classified! That he can't accept that is just..... ahhhhh.

Can you tell I just really don't like the character. They did such a bad job with him.

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123
                          I've checked for criminal records on a public web site (found one once), but given that she's an AF officer, she can't be a felon. And why would he think the FBI had information on her anyway? Even if she was doing something wrong, the AF would probably be investigating. If not, well then (and I just can't say this enough), he needs to understand that if she's not talking it's because military work is often classified! That he can't accept that is just..... ahhhhh.

Can you tell I just really don't like the character. They did such a bad job with him.
                          not only is she an air force officer, she is also a woman that he has decided, or at least indicated to her, that he wants a future with. not only had he already indicated that he wanted a future for them, but she is also the sister of a friend of his! if i were dating my brothers friend, i wouldn't anticipate that he might feel the need to do a check up with the fbi, just to find out what my job is.
                          more to the point, if i were dating my brothers friend and he stormed out on me in a little hissy fit the morning after we slept together, i think my brother would be kicking his bum, and thats if he were to survive after i was done with him.
                          i can't believe that TPTB honestly think that the behaviour of that character is perfectly acceptable. if that is the case, then it would lead me to believe that TPTB have absolutely no respect for women. do people actually think that its okay to walk out on someone after sleeping with them, and then not answer or return their phone calls, and then follow them to work, and then endanger their lives, and the lives of their co-workers/friends, and then, just because they get themselves injured, throught their own stupidity and irresponsibility, they are immediately forgiven for all of this (if there was ever anything wrong with it that is) and rewarded for all of this.

has anyone else noticed that i'm not the biggest fan of this story line?

[/end rant]

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123
                            I found the dance thing smarmy and lame. If some guy took me to a reception that he probably wasn't invited to in the first place & was full of nothing but people twice my age, I'd likely dump him for being a weirdo. And the growing old together comment was waaaaaaaaaaay too early in their relationship (and a sign of a stalker!). The whole date was just cheesy.
                            I see it differently because it was unique and daring in a subtle, but nevertheless daring way. You have a point about the "growing old together" thing but each relationship is unique and since I didn't see Sam look startled at that comment -- and she IS a very, very smart woman -- I didn't have a problem with it, watching the television screen like the voyeur I am.

Additionally, Pete may not have been invited to that old folks' dance, but he didn't get kicked out either as a party crasher, so at least he didn't make a drunken fool out of himself... ha ha ha...
                            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              not only had he already indicated that he wanted a future for them, but she is also the sister of a friend of his! if i were dating my brothers friend, i wouldn't anticipate that he might feel the need to do a check up with the fbi, just to find out what my job is.
                              more to the point, if i were dating my brothers friend and he stormed out on me in a little hissy fit the morning after we slept together, i think my brother would be kicking his bum, and thats if he were to survive after i was done with him.
                              Just a thought, but seeing as Mark -Sam's bro- doesn't like the military, and prob told PS about Sam's and their dad's secrecy... I wonder if Mark influenced PS to find stuff out about her? Or more apt, influence PS to 'want' to find out Sam's secrets.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Maybe this has been mentioned, but the actor that played Peter (David DeLuise?) was in those commercials, the one with the dog food and the one for Land Rover?

When I see Chimera, I just can't see Peter saying, "Take me with you... I want to see the plains of the Serengeti!" to Sam as she drives up to his house.

Besides thinking of that and laughing, I can then see Jack kicking his butt while 'teaching' him boxing... oh, that would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X