Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait for the housewarming.... all of Teal'cs Jaffa friends coming round and telling jokes...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
      I don't think Jack has Naquada in his blood! Sam and Cassie do, but Jack has never had a symbiote die in him like Sam, and they never explained how Cassie got the Naquada in her blood only that it was there as a trap to blow up the stargate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Jack doesn't have Naquada in his blood.
      Jack should have naquadah because he had a full physical blending with Kanan (or the symbiote could not have either healed him or controlled him). What he doesn't have is the protein marker, because neither symbiote died inside of him.

J.
      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

I love Teal'c/Murray out & about in the real world episodes. So while the lack fo alien episodes is disappointing and any reemergence of pete is unpleasant, I am looking forward to this one. If only to see if all the candles make it from his quarters on base and whether he springs for a bed with magic fingers.

SB

Comment

[QUOTE=
          Catysg1]It 's about Teal'c and SAM by the way .QUOTE]

And your point is?
          Do we really need another thread in which Sam's love life in an episode is discussed ad infinitum? Sure, Sam is in this show, but I'd rather see discussion about Teal'c, who doesn't get nearly the airtime she does, and at this point, has a lot more to be explored about him.

Don't you think Sam's love life has been focused on too much this past season? Do we really need to see/hear more about it? Supposedly, this is an episode that features Teal'c, with Sam as a B-story.

It could go the way of Chimera I suppose, with Teal'c being relegated to inconsequentiality while SuperSam saves the day and solves the mystery of who killed the Boyfriend, and Sam once again gets most of the show and glory and story.

Nevermind that I find the story as a whole uninteresting -- I really don't need or want to see a story about Teal'c gettin' it on with a neighbor, and involved in a Murder She Wrote mystery -- hot stuff that he is. But neither do I want to see Sam taking over yet another story that should have nothing to do with her.

But, we'll see.

Comment

This is now on the GateWorld website. Thanks to Tealc for keeping us updated (although perhaps in future, without copying my post style )

For the full story, click HERE

Teal'c goes home in 'Affinity'
            MAY 1, 2004

The first details on Season Eight's "Affinity" have arrived! Casting has commenced for the episode, which is set to go before cameras in mid-May. Beware of spoilers in the report below!

Last edited by GateWorld; 18 July 2004, 10:05 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I think this episode has really good potential. It will be interesting to see Teal'c on his own off base. And it will give CJ an opportunity to act. I also like seeing Sam in self-examination mode. Always interesting to see how her mind works. I for one am looking forward to this episode.
              sigpic

Comment

When I first read spoilers on "Affinity," just words came to mind: Lifetime movie. Yup, it's a soap plot. Beautiful woman, martial arts training, murder, the hero accused of it. Aieee..........

I wanna know how they're going to explain that emblem on his head if he gets dragged in by the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  I wanna know how they're going to explain that emblem on his head if he gets dragged in by the cops.
                  I want to know how he's going to explain the empty symbiote pouch to his new girlfriend. How many people do you know with big X-shaped scars on their abdomen?

I think the whole thing sounds a bit... well... stupid.

I adore Teal'c. I do not adore Teal'c jumping into bed with the hot, battered, vulnerable vixen next door. Why can't his next-door-neighbor be a sweet old woman who bakes cookies and gets mugged or something? They could still do the self-defense plot, and the "did Teal'c kill the guy?" plot. All they'd have to leave out is the pointless sex/innuendo.

But then again, this is Stargate Get-You-Some. When was the last time we had any story without pointless sex/innuendo in it?
                  ~bri~

Comment

Poor guy...he's literally been living under a rock for 8 years.
                    I'm glad he's finally getting his own place. It's been a long time promise of the writers to give us a Teal'c Meets World episode. I hope they do a good job.
                    *crosses fingers*
                    - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
                    THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
                    BM: "Aren't they all?"
                    www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
                    www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

I am happy to see a little more Teal'c in Season 8. You know, with lines?! Chris is SO underused, IMHO, and whenever they DO write him in he does so well.
                      I think I disagree with the idea that if it takes place on Earth it's going to be boring and "no good." I LOVED "Point of View," "Foothold" and "Smoke and Mirrors." What about "Changeling" and "1969?" All of those were "earth-bound" and excellent stories. I think the key is that they don't spend the entire season on Earth, and I doubt that will happen . . .

-tera'ngan
                      nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Murray What, though? Is he gonna have a last name finally or will he be like Jewel or Cher? *scubs image of Teal'c dressed like Cher out of eyes*
                        Of course, not many people are gonna question it if his name is Teal'c... they'd just think it was some spiritual or aboriginal name his parents came up with. Teal'c does mean "strength", and his Father named him that; so its not like he wouldn't have some excuse as to why he doesn't have the same name as every 20th person in the world.
                        But that still leaves us without a last name...
                        - 'Mo

I'm a woman. "Evil" would be a demotion.

BM: "The ice is a fickle mistress"
                        THIEF: "Plus she appears to be a knife weilding maniac"
                        BM: "Aren't they all?"
                        www.nuklearpower.com

#10: Not allowed to purchase anyone's soul on government time.
                        www.skippylist.com/skippylist.html

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          This is just my opinion but after reading the spoilers for "Affinity", and since I am tired and just have had it up-to-here with most of the episode spoilers so far, I am disgusted with TPTB in general for taking his show way out of the realm of what Stargate was, and is, IMO, supposed to be about and why I started to watch in the first place. What happened to the actual Stargate - did they take the budget for the Stargate and replace it with the freakin' guest star of the week? or new character of the week? or did the Stargate breakdown somewhere along the way so they can't use it? where the Heck is it?!!)
                          I share your frustration. Boring...
                          How could they leave me out?

Comment

OMG, 2 episodes that don't involve the gate, what will we ever do!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              OMG, 2 episodes that don't involve the gate, what will we ever do!

If you take into account that s7 had about 1/4 of the shows with the gate lacking as a genuine aspect of the storyline, it makes you wonder if they're trying to ditch it as a central story element in total.

So, if there are too many earth based stories, they are changing the basic premise of the series -- which to me has always been, a team of people going through a portal to adventures, or bringing them home. The Stargate is a central item in that premise.

Comment

The spoilers thus far are disappointing. I knew they'd write earth-bound eps - they're cheaper to do, but it seems whenever Teal'c gets an episode, well, it's got the studly Jaffa and some woman. To me, it's definitely a Lifetime movie plot. Been there, done that.

As for Sam talking to Jack about having babies and such, that strikes me as so off. I can see her talking about that with Daniel or Teal'c, who are basically her equals to a degree, but Jack is her superior. I don't see them being that intimate in discussions like that.

Blast the writers for bumping off Janet. A scene with Sam talking to Janet about something like that would have been excellent!

Comment

Working...
                                X