Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good going. I know Play.com is selling season 1-6 for £29.99, which is the reason I got season six boxset now
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
      Good going. I know Play.com is selling season 1-6 for £29.99, which is the reason I got season six boxset now
      woo and hoo.
      just finished ordering season 5..or according to amazon.co.uk series 5.

and, including postage and handling, it's less than £30. Which means that its just under $80 Aust.

which is only $5 more than what I payed using EasyDVD.com.au for the first 3 box sets that i've bought.

luckily the region 2 encoding is compatible with region 4. go Great Britain!

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
        Apart from having different region code dvds, there are also differences between the German and the UK boxes - the German boxes are these incredible expensive stupid limited silver things where the glue always comes off after two weeks (extremely annoying - I only got one of them, the others are either US or UK boxes, and the German box keeps falling apart... ), and they cost around €100 - which is what, $120???
        Tip: http://www.avides.com/start.php

It's a German site but you can order all the British (and German) DVDs for little money (watch out for special offers). Sometimes they have the individual DVDs for 10EUR, and the last special offer had the German box sets for about 60EUR. I got many of my DVDs there.
        No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
        (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
          Tip: http://www.avides.com/start.php

It's a German site but you can order all the British (and German) DVDs for little money (watch out for special offers). Sometimes they have the individual DVDs for 10EUR, and the last special offer had the German box sets for about 60EUR. I got many of my DVDs there.
          Thank you - I usually use play.com for my UK DVDs, they had the boxes for 47 Euros last month, including postage...they also sometimes do special offers.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
          Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
          ~CELLO!~
          ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Thank you - I usually use play.com for my UK DVDs, they had the boxes for 47 Euros last month, including postage...they also sometimes do special offers.
            Since I thought about getting the UK S7 box from play.com (until I found out about the new date ): Did you ever have to pay taxes (like 16%) for those DVDs? I heard that amazon.co.uk didn't have any taxes for EU countries, but since play.com is apparently not European...

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."

Comment

Play.com doesn't charge for shipping. I'm guessing PlayUSA does but I think the UK version doesn't
              __

__

Comment

Dont get from international play.com,ie usa,canada,they wont charge you but the post office will when you pick them up,i found out the hard way with my Volumes for season7,your right tho,£29.99 for any season box set on the British play.com. "onak rak,shel Apep
                "Silence"Kneel before your God
                Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  Play.com doesn't charge for shipping. I'm guessing PlayUSA does but I think the UK version doesn't
                  Oh, the few bucks for shipping wouldn't be the problem. But it's always nice when you're getting a "present" parcel from out of your country and the first thing you have to do is pay 20EUR to the customs office to get it. I think I heard on a German board a few years ago that they were charged for ordering from play.com. I just wanted to make sure that either my memory is wrong or that the customs deal has changed (I had missed the "including postage" bit from Iskandra's post, so never mind ).

Comment

I order Scary Movie 3 ages ago and it's only coming out here in the UK
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                      Oh, the few bucks for shipping wouldn't be the problem. But it's always nice when you're getting a "present" parcel from out of your country and the first thing you have to do is pay 20EUR to the customs office to get it. I think I heard on a German board a few years ago that they were charged for ordering from play.com. I just wanted to make sure that either my memory is wrong or that the customs deal has changed (I had missed the "including postage" bit from Iskandra's post, so never mind ).
                      Well, play.com is on Jersey, the Channel Island, which is technically part of Britain and Europe, but customs sometimes sees it differently...I never had to pay anything, and play.com always sends multiple dvd orders as multiple parcels to avoid any hassle with customs. I recently ordered three Straget box sets during the same week and didn't have to pay any customs fees. But maybe I was just lucky.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                      ~CELLO!~
                      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

what i found

STARGATE SG-1: SEASON 7
                        Our Price: $ 48.28

Availability: Pre-Order
                        ReleaseDate: Oct 19, 2004.

from

http://www.showwow.com//DVD/item.asp...642F5F4A6CF56A
                        steelcage Desigsns

Comment

Well, play.com is on Jersey, the Channel Island, which is technically part of Britain and Europe, but customs sometimes sees it differently...I never had to pay anything, and play.com always sends multiple dvd orders as multiple parcels to avoid any hassle with customs. I recently ordered three Straget box sets during the same week and didn't have to pay any customs fees. But maybe I was just lucky.
                          I ordered seasons 4,5 and 6 all at the same time and they were also posted individually. As for paying customs charges, I know it's only if an individual item costs over a certain amount - I'm not exactly sure, but I think with DVD's it's something like £19.98 - and even then it seems to be pretty hit and miss. I've had friends who've paid customs charges and then others who haven't - go figure!! I guess it depends how bothered your local post/sorting office is about these things.

It now seems that S7 is being released on 19th October (Region 1) anyway, but no mention of R2 yet. I'm hoping that we get 'The Lowdown' as a featurette like the S6 box set, so maybe it will be just a little bit longer.....

But please...not the 21st March NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RubySlippers
                            IIt now seems that S7 is being released on 19th October (Region 1) anyway, but no mention of R2 yet. I'm hoping that we get 'The Lowdown' as a featurette like the S6 box set, so maybe it will be just a little bit longer.....

But please...not the 21st March NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
                            But 'The Lowdown' was on the Season 6 boxset, the only extras on the Season 7 DVDs is an Atlantis preview. The boxset is literally just the single DVDs put together - so I am still baffled as to the delay!!!

Comment

Call me a cynic but i feel the delay is simply so that MGM can make more cash. they want as many people as possible to buy the dvd's individually. i for one was friggin annoyed waiting a good 2 months looking forward to getting up, taking a stroll to town and picking up the box set on the 28th June. but no instead i contented myself with vol 36 at 14.99 as i am not waiting a further 9 months, so i will buy them gradually over the next month or so. MGM you win, you get your extra cash. boo sucks to you and your stupid lion.

Comment

I agree. The only single DVD's I have purchased is the Lost City ones because of the preview of Atlantis. I only buy the DVD's in sets because it works out a lot cheaper
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X