X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla's Casio G-Shock G-600-1AJF/1AV/1AVDR from Season 1-18-The Gift:

;

This watch was released in 2003.
    Last edited by fwupow; 10 September 2009, 03:56 AM.
    sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Here's John Sheppard's Suunto Vector-Foliage Green from Season 1-8-Underground:

Last edited by fwupow; 13 September 2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

You must really love watches man, all this stuff you've found is crazy... in a good way though

How you got some of this information... I'll never know.

Props to you man.

Comment

Thanks Alan;
          It took a bunch of time. I have all episodes of SG-1 and SGA on a hard drive connected to my DVD player, so I can fast-forward search from one to the next to the next etc., looking for close-ups that include a wrist-watch.

From this I learned that Dr. Beckett/Paul McGillian and Rodney McKay/David Hewlitt are most likely left-handed because they often bring their left hand up close to their faces while gesturing.

Paul McGillian's sleeve seemed to almost always be pulled up enough to expose his Suunto Vector.

On the other hand, Joe Flannigan hardly ever had his left wrist in frame. Suunto couldn't have liked him very much.

It also get easier once you realize that the watches supplied by the props dept. were either Casio G-Shocks or Suuntos. So This Website was a big help.

If you're too old and tired for sports, it's kind of like a "Where's Waldo" game, figuring out what kind of watch somebody's wearing.

Comment

Some of these watches are being auctioned off by Propworx right now!

NOTE: It appears that Shepard's Foliage Green Suunto Vector is being advertised as a Samantha Carter watch.

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
              The Stargate Atlantis wristwatch Story:
              Preliminary!
              Season 1:
              John Sheppard: Suunto Vector Foliage Green
              Rodney McKay: Suunto Vector Khaki
              Teyla Emmagan: Casio G-Shock G-600-1AV
              Elizabeth Weir: ?
              Carson Beckett: Suunto Vector Khaki
              Aiden Ford: Probably Suunto X9(--out of production)

============================================
              Pretty nice list, but Sheppard's watch in Season 1-3 was not called Foliage Green. The NEW green is called Foliage, the older forest green was different and I am trying to find out the correct name for it if anyone knows.

OLD "forest?" Green
              http://image.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/i/...le_ss004765710

NEW "Foliage Green"
              http://www.a-moriden.jp/suunto/vector_mg2b.jpg

Also didn't see any for Dr. Kellar?
              Last edited by Stitch; 16 April 2011, 04:33 PM.
              www.stitchsloft.com
              For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
              "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
              www.scifihero.net

Comment

Here's a screen cap of General Hammond's wristwatch. The image on the right is a screen cap of James Bond's Rolex Sumariner 6538 in the film "Dr. No"

This one has really got me stumped. The case looks very much like an Omega Seamaster 300, but the dial and bezel look different from any example I've found.
                I am guessing the same as this one...
                http://archive.propworx.com/1010/1186
                www.stitchsloft.com

sigpic
                www.scifihero.net

Comment

Here's Rodney Mckay's watch from Season 5-18-Identity

;

It appears to be a Suunto X6M. It could be a Suunto G6 but that is a golfing watch whereas the X6M is a hiking, mountaineering oriented watch like the Vector.

McKay wore the SUUNTO X6HRM
                  http://www.tramsoft.ch/suunto/x6hrm_en.html
                  www.stitchsloft.com

sigpic
                  www.scifihero.net

Comment

Wow! Thank you Stitch. I was surprised to find your posts after so long, but this is a big help.
                    ThANKS again!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                      I am guessing the same as this one...
                      http://archive.propworx.com/1010/1186

Yes it well could be since I noticed that PropWerx routinely misidentified witch watches belonged to which characters on the show. That would be a shame if nobody purchased the very watch that Don S. Davis wore in all his years on SG-1

Comment

Yes I purchased two of the Propworx watches from the show, they said they had been tagged by the studio as "Beckett", but I know they were in fact Sheppard's. My guess at the end the day they got thrown in bag and were never used again! They went for less than even a new watch would cost and were both screen used!

On another note I have been collecting some of the other watches that are hard to find and selling them for the serious costumers. We also have "for real" screen accurate patches! Check out what we have so far! www.stitchsloft.com
                        www.stitchsloft.com

sigpic
                        www.scifihero.net

Comment

Well its now 2016 and its been over 5 years and I have gotten a lot watches over the years and keep finding them good homes for people who want the EXACT look for costuming... If anyone ever needs one I am still here! http://www.stitchsloft.com/?s=Watch&s_cs=true
                          www.stitchsloft.com

sigpic
                          www.scifihero.net

Comment

I realize I'm over a decade late, but this is fantastic work. I was actually looking for the model of General G. Hammond's watch in 7.17 (Heroes: Part I) when I came across this thread. It was so awesome I was compelled to create an account and thank anyone out there who may have contributed to this! Still anxiously awaiting an announcement of a re-boot.

Comment

I'm currently enjoying my first run through of Stargate and would like to make my own contribution.

Jonas Quinn's civilian watch in SG1 season 6 is an Omega Speedmaster X-33. It has a digital-analogue display.

Comment

Working...
                              X