This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    I voted for Window of Opportunity because I think it's the funniest Stargate episode yet and well...I really don't think that I need to elaborate.
    Wow, there are so many I enjoyed from this group - but I picked Window of Opportunity because it was very funny - plus I love eps that deal with alternate time issues...

That being said, Scorched Earth, Beneath the Surface, Divide and Conquer, Upgrades and 2010 were also superior... But that's just me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Wow! So many people for Window of Opportunity! I voted for it too.

Comment

Its got to be Window of Opportunity. It Rules all !!!
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I thought Window Of Opportunity was the funniest episode to date of SG-1.

There are other great episodes in Season 4 of SG-1, Small Victories - The Other Side - Upgrades - Watergate - The First Ones - Tangent - Serpent's Venom - The Curse - Chain Reaction - Exodus - Double Jeopardy are among my favourites.

Comment

I´m not a big "Windows of Opportunity" fan but I must admit it had some very funny moments...I have no idea why the Stargate writers are not any longer able to do such kind of episodes...Seems that they have forgotten what humour is...

My favourite episodes from season 4 are: "Serpent´s Venom", "Exodus", "Double Jeoparty" and "The Light"...I know that is maybe not such a popular choice but "The Light" is my favourite season 4 episode.
            Last edited by Hathor999; 09 March 2005, 02:33 AM.

Comment

"The Light" is a good episode - shows Michael Shanks brilliant acting skills and also shows how much O'Neill cares for him which is a complete opposite from the movie etc.

Comment

Aw I voted for 2010 totally forgetting about Divide and Conquer for some reason. Anyway I love both, but Divide and Conquer probably come out on top in the end. Martouf

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

Window of Oppurtunity is easily my favourite! The fruit loops!
                  WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

This season might be one of the harder to choose which one is best. You have a hilarious one with WoO. Yet Double Jeopardy and Exodus were great as well. I eventually voted for Exodus. They should make 2 parters 1 vote.

Comment

I went with Watergate, the Emergence of the Russians in the SG scene was huge.
                      So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                      And we never even know we have the key.
                      Already Gone---------
                      The Eagles-----------

Comment

I voted with the majority here for Window of Opportunity which is my favourite episode from any series. But it was a tough choice as many of my favourite episodes are in this particular series - Upgrades, 2010, Watergate, Beneath the Earth, The Light, Absolute Power.

But the combination of humour and sadness in this one and the fact that there was no "evil bad guy" so to speak really makes it my favourite over all.

Comment

I also voted with the majority here, though I also liked Upgrades, Tangent and Scorched Earth from this series...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I chose Double Jeopardy. Window of opportunity is fun but not the best episode IMO...

Comment

While I'm not usually a big fan of comedy, either movies or television, every so often I need it, and Window of Opportunity is Stargate comedy at its best.

Mirnell

Comment

This was a tough one for me, as there are several excellent episodes (and then some really mediocre ones).

In the end I decided on Upgrades, because the idea of having super powers has always thrilled me, and I took great intellectual pleasure in SG1 being able to read at lightning speeds, and Sam being able to write an entire book. Of course, the fact that they were all incredibly strong and fast was awesome too. In addition to this, the episode had a lot of good humour -- the restaurant scene, Jack's eagerness, etc. AND there was a little bit of ship -- what more could I possibly want?

Window of Opportunity was a very, very, very close second for me. It is true comedic gold, the best I've seen so far in the series. It had ship. It had new technology and an alien. It had moral issues. However, even though I know it was the point, I found the time looping too annoying/frustrating to pick this ep above Upgrades.

I also really enjoyed Divide and Conquer. The Tokra are always interesting, and I'll never forget the scene where Freya hits on Jack, and then Jack's conversation with Daniel about it later:

Jack: 'So she came onto me.'
                                Daniel, looking puzzled: 'Sam?!?!?'
                                Jack: 'No, Freya. Anise. Whatever. But apparently the snake likes you.'

(paraphrased as I do not have a perfect memory)

Of course D&C is also a shipper's wetdream of an episode, and I must say I squeed a bit.

Lastly, I adored Absolute Power. As I've said before, I love a power-crazed Daniel. MS always does such an amazing job, but he really did his best this time. Evil Daniel is also incredibly hot. And there was cool technology.

Comment

Working...
                                X