Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I really love a lot of episodes in season 4 but I voted for....
    Window of Opportunity because it is just one of the funniest episodes in Stargate history . How can you not love Jack in this one .

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I picked Upgrades but it was a really hard choice between Upgrades and Window of Opportunity. In the end I had to go with the superpower.
      Self proclaimed Queen of the Strudels

Comment

Window of Opportunity of course. I wouldn't mind looping and watching, watching and watching it for ever !!
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

The Serpent's Venom, the conversation between Apophis and Heru-ur was simply great

Absolute Power and 2010 are also favourites.

Comment

Exodus, no doubt at all. Its not every day you get to see a sun blown up.. And almost managed to get rid of the Tok'ra too.
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

The First Ones. I like WoO, but The First Ones had Daniel in his element, and that's always a plus with me.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

My favourite: Prodigy.
                I liked the idea of ongoing training and induction into the SGC.

I liked Cadet Hailey, as she may have had a rebellious streak, but IMO,she had a lot of potential for future involvement and the "Smarts" to realise the possibilities Carter showed her regarding the SGC.

I liked the chemistry/rivalry between Carter and Hailey,and enjoyed the exchange about the fight between Hailey and the other Cadet.

Carter:"What were you thinking?"
                Hailey: "Swing High?"
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Really, you like Hailey?

For me, one of the best things about Stargate is how realistic the characters are. Not just as people, but, for example, part of the Military Machine. However there are two notable exceptions.

One was the Colonel in... ah, was it Enemy Mine? in S7. He was so cliché it was impossible (and remains impossible) for me to watch that ep and keep my blood pressure under control.

The other is Hailey. She would almost certainly find herself being at least punched on the nose, and otherwise edged (carefully) out of everything, by the other cadets. Unfair? Possibly. Realisitc? You bet.

She most certainly is not a team player, and that is one of the crucial aspects of being in the military. It's not about blindly following orders, and certainly not about stifling creative thought - even though the expression "team work" sounds as though it is. It is about taking the other members of your team into consideration, listening to them (and the voice of experience) and if you know for a fact that you are right and they are wrong, there are ways of convincing people of that - and most certainly not doing the "told you so" at the end.

ah... Hailey is a "rant issue" for me. Sorry!
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

There,there,MC. Didn't intend to set you off!
                    I agree with you about the Woodentop Officer in Enemy Mine as I really loathed his attitude!(Loathe my memory too as I can't recall his name.)

I know you don't like Hailey for various reasons,but do you think she redeemed herself a fair bit in "Proving Ground"?

Have to say,Hubby said a lot worse than you about Hailey! His first words as I recall were "So now they're inducting Wabbits?"Then his POV got rapidly stronger...we had to declare a truce to calm things down...

For me,I thought Hailey was a typical loner too with an a chip on her shoulder the size of Idaho(The State ,not the Potato!).

Carter had to slap down her questioning O'Neill's decision to risk his own life,by doing a solo run to get the Stargate open.An example of what you mean, or a rash attitude until she realised it didn't actually matter who was "Right"?

Respect to the Clanger! I'm not trying to goad,just nosey as usual.
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I like Exodus, for no reason other than the classic:

Daniel: That's...
                      Daniel & Jack: Ambitious.

The perfect Jack and Daniel moment; in my humble.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Between Window of oppitunity(class comedy) and Chain Reaction(class one-on-one between Kinsey and Jack)
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I would have to go for Window of Opportunity, closely followed by Tangent, 2010 and Upgrades.

Upgrades is a significant episode for me because it's the episode were I first discovered how great Stargate SG-1 had become after not watching it for a few years because I wasn't impressed by Season 1.
                          'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

If I can only pick one, it would of course be Window of Opportunity. Endless re-watchability (Is that a word?), but Upgrades is a very close 2nd. If you follow NASCAR, it's as close as the 1st Darlington race last year when Craven edged out Kurt Busch in one of the most exciting race finishes. If you don't, then trust me, it was a close finish.

As a core story episode, I really like Absolute Power for the way they handled the conclusion of the Harcesis storyline. Can't overlook The Other Side for the interesting moral struggle faced by SG-1 and the choice Jack makes at the end which almost mirrors another choice he makes in one of my favorite Season 6 eps.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Window of Opportunity

This is the ep that made me a fan. I could watch it over and over and never get tired of it. Humor, ship, and angst rolled into one extremely entertaining package. Does it get any better than that?
                              Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

I love this season! So many wonderful episodes. The whole steak thing in Upgrades tickles me every time. WoW is classic fun. Beneath the Surface - the team cares about what happens to each other even when they can't remember who they are. Tangent: "Carter, I can see my house!" And even though a lot of folks seem to dislike Hailey, I find her very engaging in Prodigy.
                                Nmom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X