Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing just one episode was really hard. I finally settled on TBFTGOG, because I just love AU episodes and this one was great. It had everything: our beloved heroes being so similar and yet so different, Catherine, invasion of Earth shown very realistically. It made us realise just how lucky we are in our reality. And at the end everybody died..
    Runner up was Solitudes. Another great episode, low on SFX and sci-fi element, but an interesting character study which allowed us to really get to know Sam and Jack.
    Other episodes which I love and considered: Within the serpent's grasp, Tin Man, Hathor, Torments of Tantalus, the Nox, Cold Lazarus, Broca Divide (for some odd reason I really enjoy this ep) and of course Children of the Gods.
    See how hard it is? Frankly, there's not even 1 episode in this season that I dislike..
    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
    sigpic
    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Cold Lazarus because you see an insight to jack's past and it's the first episode you see how destructive the gou'ld can really be.

Comment

I almost voted for "The Torment of Tantalus" but then hit "There but for the Grace of God" instead.
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Hmm....4 years ago I voted for Solitudes in the poll, but today I would change that to There but for the Grace of God.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

It was hard to choose just one: i loved Thor's Hammer, Torment of Tantalus, TBFTGOG, the Nox... i could go on!

I voted for thor's hammer

Comment

Within the Serpent's Grasp
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Choosing between Children of the Gods, The Nox and There but for the Grace of God is really tough.

I just randomed it and went with The Nox in this case, but they are all equally my favorites.
                sigpic

Comment

There but for the Grace of God still remains my favorite Stargate episode of all time.

Comment

Torment of Tantalus

sigpic
                    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Within the Serpent's Grasp, the music cues finally were less distracting by then.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

"Torment of Tantalus"

Honorable mention goes to "Solitudes", "Cold Lazurus", and "Thor's Hammer".
                        My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

There but for the Grace of God. The alternate SGC invasion was aweosme! Yeah, I like battles in the SGC....

Comment

Boy! That was hard! I went with Children of the Gods (blocking the utterly gratuitous nude scene out of my mind, because I know they were forced into it to get the series made), but I really liked many of the others equally, particularly Fire and Water, The Nox, There but for the Grace of God, and Within the Serpent's Grasp. I really could have picked any of those.

Comment

My favourite episodes from season 1 would be Children of the Gods, The Nox, There but for the Grace of God and Within the Serpent's Grasp.

Children of the Gods was a great pilot for Stargate, while Within the Serpent's Grasp had an awesome cliffhanger. The Nox was a great way to introduce a powerful alien race, too bad we didn't get to see much of them later.

I voted for There but for the Grace of God, because this was the episode that made me fall in love with Stargate. A great setup for the season finale and a wonderful what-if episode.

Also nice episodes were The Broca Divide, Thor's Hammer and Solitudes.
                              sigpic

Comment

I love Within the Serpent's Grasp. It's consistently entertaining from beginning to end. Hat'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X