Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt ''There but for the Grace of God." It's just great science fiction no matter how you cut it, and one of my all time favorite Sg-1 eppys.

Phil
    Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
    Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

The Torment of Tantalus.

Easily one of my favorite ep of all time.

jtg

Comment

I picked There but for the Grace of God because it introduced the idea of alternate realities and really set up the idea that anything could happen in the Stargate world. Great episode too.

Comment

Torment of Tantalus. Sets up all kinds of important things for later, shows us Daniel's wonderful obsession and preoccupation with knowledge, introduces us to Ernest Littlefield (RIP) and had some very cool visual effects as well.

TBFTGOG is a close second, though.

Comment

Torment of Tantalus without question. Definitely in my Top 10 episodes of all time.
            TBFTGOG and Solitudes make up the rest of the top three.

Comment

Within the Serpent's Grasp. Now, that's a cliff-hanger!
              "You've read our mission files: we go through the gate, get into trouble, get out of it, and we go home."
              ~Major Samantha Carter

Comment

That was a great cliffhanger, espically for a first season
                __

__

Comment

followed by a terrific conclusion. In fact that whole mini-arc at the end of season one was fantastic.

Comment

I agree. Season one was fantastic, espically the ending. Season two opener was great conclusion
                    __

__

Comment

Season 1 of SG1 was probably the best start to any science fiction show.

Comment

In the minefield of Sci-Fi cliches that SG-1 frequently navigates, The Nox feels truly original. Apophis, the death of SG-1, floating cities and hot hippy chicks; what more could you want?
                        END OF LINE

Comment

Well, season 1 is not my favorite, but I like Enigma - Maybourne, Narim, Schrodinger
                          And Daniel was there very sweet...
                          Dogs are my favorite people.
                          If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

I liked Withing the Serpent's Grasp. Mainly because the team goes on a strike mission to sabotage Apophis' fleet.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                            Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                            "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                            My deviantART profile

Comment

I voted for Torment of Tantalus. It was close between this, Within the serpents Grasp and TBFTGOG, but Within the Serpent's grasp lost because The serpent's lair was better, and TBFTGOG lost out becuase the line where Daniel says "ha ha you mean I'm in some kind of alternate reality" was overacted so badly that it still grates on me.

I voted for Torment of Tantalus because it was a good mythology episode and it was nice to see a good happy ending for Catherine and Ernest. It also brought a bit more background to the Stargate universe, not only with the four races but also with the experiments in the 1940's. It always sticks out in my mind, and I love watching it!

Comment

It was really between Children of the Gods, There but for the Grace of God, Within the Serpent's Grasp, Thor's Hammer and Cold Lazarus, but I ended up choosing The Torment of Tantalus.

Comment

Working...
                                X