Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Torment of Tantalus, because of poor Earnest. Catherine and him are lovely. And because I think this is a good Daniel episode, I love the differences between him and Jack that were really evident in the first few series.

Comment

I voted for The Torment Of Tantalus as it introduced the mythdology into the series and the idea of the Fifth Race.

I also enjoyed Children Of The Gods - The Nox - Singularity - There But For The Grace Of God - Within The Serpent's Grasp.

Comment

There But for the Grace of God took my vote -- it has just a great combo of suspense, new information, mind-boggling, and that touch of shippy romance.

A very close runner-up was The Torment of Tantalus, an episode I found truly painful. I don't think I've ever identified with Daniel as much since then. It was fascinating to learn about the 4 races as well.

My other favourites in this season were: The Nox, Thor's Hammer and Hathor. Great new characters and the episodes had fantastic endings.

Aside: I can't believe someone voted for Emancipation! I'd love to hear why, since it wasn't an episode that I particularly liked.

Comment

Torment of Tantalus

First time they metion the four races it. Got me hooked!
          Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

This one was pretty easy for me. With in the Serpent's Grasp. I thought this one was best because we got to see alot new Goa'uld stuff. Such as Zats, Hat'aks, and hyperspace.

Comment

Hmm, it really is close between a few eps. I think in the end I'd have to go with Enigma, it brought up a lot of cool ideas and introduced us to the Tollan. Though Cold Lazarus is a close second, and if I watched it again it'd probably get the number 1 spot.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

I went with Torment of Tantelus. The whole meeting place thing was awesome. I wish they could revisit it though.
                So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
                And we never even know we have the key.
                Already Gone---------
                The Eagles-----------

Comment

Too many good episodes... The Broca divide, Fire and water and The Nox were good but the best was There but for the grace of good. The idea of alternate realities is just fantastic.

Comment

I voted for the Nox as I really love that race of beings and hope to see more of them in the future. I thought they would perhaps be in more than they have been though I don't like to say anything more than that here in case of people avoiding spoilers for later series episodes.

Brief Candle actually ran a close second place for me with Enigma and Hathor not far behind either.

Comment

I voted for the Nox....it's my favorite from S1.
                      It makes no difference what you do to me. But know this, the Ori are all-seeing.
                      [long pause] They are already aware of this affront to their eminence, and shall strike down those who dare to defy them.
                      Nothing yet. You?
                      Drawing a blank. A little thirsty.
                      That doesn't count
                      No, it doesn't.

Comment

There are a lot of good episodes..... I voted for The Broca Divide.

My LJ

Comment

This one was hard, cos there are loads of good episodes in this series - to be honest, about half my faves overall come from series one...

I chose Torment of Tantalus in the end though. I just loved the mythology, and seeing the gate in a more recent history context. And my mind boggled at the idea of someone being stranded like that for years...poor Ernest...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I had to vote for Torment of Tantalus. Most of my favorite episodes are the ones where the team isn't fighting Goa'uld and having huge battles, but rather exploring and gaining new knowledge about themselves and other races. As someone who has been known to disappear into libraries for hours at a time, I well known the temptation of knowledge, and appreciate the writers acknowledging this.

Mirnell

Comment

I voted for Singularity! They introducted Cassie!!! I think she brought some real innocents to the show and she was so adorable! Also great acting by AT espically in the elevator scene!

Comment

Children of the Gods, most season 1 episodes were pretty lame in my opinion.
                                Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                                Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                                Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                                Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                                You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                                Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                                One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                                You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                                The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                                www.7-scales.co.uk
                                http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Working...
                                X