Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wish there was more of the nox, but i agree with it would have been hard to find storylines for a race that wasn't involved in the fight. though they could have had them appear in another episode, later on in the show. maybe when there was a major conflict and they needed a neural party (again).
    sigpic

Comment

yeah I don't hate them as well but I can't figure out what they have done in the alliance.They are only so peacefull but selfish.What have they done in the alliance?

The Asgards brought beaming technology.........Ancients ...stargates furlings brought ascension along with healing power...........and the Nox brought cloaking. well thats how I see it anyways.They each brought a piece of advanced technology.And i believe the Goul'd was also a part of this alliance but were kicked out.

Comment

Sometimes it's more important to be selfish than selfless.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

they should make a movie with Jack's clone the kid version made by ascard
          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

a quick 30 second clip of 3 toilet lids getting blown from the sky by that invisible city would have been priceless

Comment

I thought they were impressive with how they are in touch with nature and are not violent. They also very intelligent and extremely wise. *shrugs* I thought they were very interesting. Would have liked to learn more about them. The facts behind their technology is still a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatetravler View Post
                I thought they were impressive with how they are in touch with nature and are not violent. They also very intelligent and extremely wise. *shrugs*
                Such a difference from every other species in Stargate canon.

Comment

how did u deduce that the Furlings contributed knowledge of healing and ascension?
                  If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                  [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I kind of like the Nox. They are a peaceful race that doesn't believe in violence. The only thing that bothers me is that they will not defend themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JanineGrant2 View Post
                      I kind of like the Nox. They are a peaceful race that doesn't believe in violence. The only thing that bothers me is that they will not defend themselves.
                      That's cool though because they don't need to.
                      Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

I loved them, and I'm.. well, a bit disgusted by some of the comments here. It's kind of typical really, we condemn the things we don't understand. :/

Comment

And also, about the Nox, they seem pretty darn advanced, from what we could see for the short time we met them, tech-wise and they seemeed pretty far along the evolutionary path, giving their long life-spans and apparent "healing-powers" assuming that it isn't just technology, that is, assuming there you could differentitate between the two in their society. But anyway, I wonder if they're not close to ascension themself.. I really wish we could have had more episodes on them.

Comment

One of the reasons I loved episode about Nox was that they resolved the conflict in that episode, not the super lucky SG-1, but advanced civ.
                            The only thing what was bugging me in any Stargate series(not mentioning politics, which I hated) was that almost all of the situations were resolved by SG-1's(or other earth team) super luck or creativity.
                            I would have liked to have more episodes were our primitive asses were saved by more advanced civs known to us or unknown.
                            Defeat Goa'uld system lords - SG-1 done that.
                            Defeat Ori - SG-1 done that.
                            Defeat replicators - ancients couldn't do that - SG-1 done that.
                            Defeat/neutralise Wraith - ancients couldn't do that - Atlantis team done that.
                            I know those feelings come from me as I am technology fanboy more that anything else.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muziqaz View Post
                              One of the reasons I loved episode about Nox was that they resolved the conflict in that episode, not the super lucky SG-1, but advanced civ.
                              The only thing what was bugging me in any Stargate series(not mentioning politics, which I hated) was that almost all of the situations were resolved by SG-1's(or other earth team) super luck or creativity.
                              I would have liked to have more episodes were our primitive asses were saved by more advanced civs known to us or unknown.
                              Defeat Goa'uld system lords - SG-1 done that.
                              Defeat Ori - SG-1 done that.
                              Defeat replicators - ancients couldn't do that - SG-1 done that.
                              Defeat/neutralise Wraith - ancients couldn't do that - Atlantis team done that.
                              I know those feelings come from me as I am technology fanboy more that anything else.
                              If you always expect the worst you get only good news

Comment

In my opinion, people who think that Nox were selfish and did not care are wrong.
                                I think Nox were so far advanced beyond everyone in this or other galaxy, that they simply had different priorities.
                                In one of the episodes(Enigma, I think) Daniel said that Nox are as advanced or even more than Tolan. This is quite an understatement in regards to Nox advancement.
                                According to Daniel, Tolan were like couple of hundred years ahead in technology than Earth.
                                Nox were one of the races from 4 race group. Ancients lived how long ago in this galaxy? Million years ago? So that gives Nox civ like a million and a bit years to evolve. heck even if we assume that Nox evolved to be partner of the treaty at the latest stage of Ancients civ before they ascended, it still gives The Nox 10k years to evolve, so they should be far beyond Tolan in technology and mindset.
                                In my opinion Nox are nearing their time for ascension. Like they already evolved to get back to their roots(nature). It is like last step for them. If they want to ascend is another question, but they are not far from it, I think. Why they did not help us? Well, Ancients met during Stargate series weren't too friendly as well. They were portrayed as arrogant and patient(though I think it was wrong to show them as arrogant, after all they were quite an evolved human).
                                We are looking at those advanced civs from our point of view, which is very primitive yet
                                I am never afraid to say that we as a humankind are still very stupid
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X