Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that they are a very cowardly race.

Comment

I like 'em. Wayyy more than the ascended beings.
      This is what I wanted to say, so I'll just quote Suse and say 'ditto'!

Comment

Alright, well not comparing them to Ascended being -- I though they were lame. However, I'm only stating my opinion based off of one episode we saw them in, so really, they could be amazingly awesome but we'll just never know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I thought they were okay, I remember watching "The Nox" Jack had Apophis but then he was vanished away by the Nox! But then if Jack and SG-1 did capture Apophis the Stargate timeline would be totally different.
          Last edited by NormaN; 01 April 2009, 09:48 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't dislike the Nox as they didn't do anything wrong. There is nothing wrong with not fighting
            Some say that he has only one ear.
            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
            All we know is he's called
            sigpic

Comment

In SG-1, season 1, we met the NoX for the first time, through the episode the NoX inform us about 3 times i believe, that "your way, is not the only way."

Judging on what weve accomplished both in Atlantis and SG-1, do we believe we have learnt the only lesson the NoX have ever introduced us to?

Can the NoX lesson only be 100% understood and be fulfilled when we have united the planet in the very evasive notion of "world peace" ?

But if we do ever find that elusive element, would we still be, in the eyes of Babylon 5, truly human?

C40
              So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
              “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

no.

and why do you spell Nox with a capital X at the end?

Comment

Why dont you start your username with a capital letter?

C40
                  So this is how the Stargate franchise was killed, not by guns or ships or knives.

But by;
                  “There’s obviously a passionate audience for Atlantis and the characters of Atlantis. And yes, they’re absolutely going to continue in the movie franchise. But people need to mourn for a while and come to terms with it. I don’t anticipate that that will subside quickly. But once Universe is on air and they have kind of their next fix of the Stargate franchise, I think hopefully people will realize that it’s in safe hands at Sci Fi...

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron 40 View Post
                    In SG-1, season 1, we met the NoX for the first time, through the episode the NoX inform us about 3 times i believe, that "your way, is not the only way."

Judging on what weve accomplished both in Atlantis and SG-1, do we believe we have learnt the only lesson the NoX have ever introduced us to?

Can the NoX lesson only be 100% understood and be fulfilled when we have united the planet in the very evasive notion of "world peace" ?

But if we do ever find that elusive element, would we still be, in the eyes of Babylon 5, truly human?

C40
                    No, I don't think humanity has learned that lesson yet. We still believe that we are always right and that the way of Earth is the only possible way to go. The Nox, Asgard, and Ancients all saw life on a completely different level from us, understanding that free will is more important than any trade deal, petty border dispute, religious affiliation, or skin color. The "younger" races (humanity, the Jaffa, the Tok'ra, etc.) are all at varying levels of finally grasping that, but none of us have truly broken through to the level of the others yet.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

We use the tech we get to make weapons, so i say no, no leston learned.
                      sigpic

Comment

well because im too cool for capital letters........or somthing like that..

Comment

It may not be for a 1000 years before we finall learn the "other way".

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that maybe the lesson of the Nox isn't worth learning?

If we had done things the Nox way the Goa'uld would still be in charge, the Jaffa still enslaved. In fact, in "The Road Not Taken" we met a world doing things the Nox way, and it was shown explicitly as the wrong way to do things.

The Nox always struck me as cowards more than just pacifists. They have the technology to stop the Goa'uld for thousands of years and do nothing. They claim "free will" as the reason they don't step in even though the Goa'uld are subverting the free will of millions.

(I don't feel this way about the ancients because they had a perfect example of why not to in the ori, and had problems of their own.)
                            "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                            "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                            "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

I don't believe living the Nox way is the right way. Basically all my feelings have been summed up by The Mastage Kidd.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think SG-1 occasionally made progress in that direction (the small, baby steps of the very young), but it was kind of 'one step forward, two steps back'--a long slow learning process. The thousand year timeline is as good a guess as any. The Nox didn't think that humanity would grow up any time soon.
                                The folks on Atlantis? No. Not at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X