• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erika View Post
    How can you hate the Nox?????
    You are racist. Lol
    They are just sweet, flowery, hippy, people
    They just happen to go a few steps higher in life than most of the other races.
    If I had a choice to be any of stargate races. It would have to be them.
    I hate hippies. And flowers are essentially the genitalia of plants.
    sigpic
    In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
    "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

The nox don't play a major role in Stargate so I don't care.

Comment

lol you guys dont like Nox for not fighting the Goaulds but somehow dont blame the ancients for doing the same with the Wraith and whatever baddies out there.

The nox are not hippies, unless you meant their looks, with the flower on their heads. They are more like Buddhists in their actions, maybe not philosophy 100%

Real life hippies would go around trying to tell people to become like them, which is probably the reason why you guys hate them so much

And back in season 1 humanity was more like today's world with the government/military interests being number 1, while in later seasons somehow there is an IOA maintaining international cooperation and national strife were now insiginificant compare to stuff in other galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by gummyworms View Post
          lol you guys dont like Nox for not fighting the Goaulds but somehow dont blame the ancients for doing the same with the Wraith and whatever baddies out there.
          Thats odd, I somehow remember the Ancients/Lanteans fighting the Wraith for a hundred years and then decades later even when isolated to only Atlantis.
          sigpic
          "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

And the Nox are pacifistic in their belief system. Has anyone cared to think on what would make an entire technologically advanced race become utterly pacifistic? These aren't just a few people, they are an entire race. Something catastrophic must have affected their people.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
              Thats odd, I somehow remember the Ancients/Lanteans fighting the Wraith for a hundred years and then decades later even when isolated to only Atlantis.
              we are talking about the current ascended ones that stand by and dont do anything. They can justify their actions because of the typical action and consequence logic, but the NOX cant? even though they also evolved both philosphically and technologically far beyond the current humans
              Last edited by gummyworms; 30 August 2009, 12:21 PM.

Comment

we are talking about the current ascended ones that stand by and dont do anything. They can justify their actions because of the typical action and consequence logic, but the NOX cant? even though they also evolved both philosphically and technologically far beyond the current humans
                I think someone missed the whole Ori plot arc. The ascended beings do what they have to because they don't want to end up like the Ori. Unfortunately their actions nearly led to their destruction and that of the entire Milky Way. I remember it being Merlin and some members of SG-1 whose involvement kept bad things from happening. Its all well and good to say that your "above" involvement in physical matters but everyone still runs for help when they get threatened for real.
                sigpic

Comment

And seeing as we got ourselves into those lovely messes, they should so conveniently get us out of them.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

They've actually proven that dolphins are remarkably intelligent.

How come humans don't intervene everytime one is attacked? We might intervene if they were being eradicated to the point where it would damage the overall ecosystem. But short of that, they're kind of on their own. And even if we DID intervene to kill every predator that came after them, or cure every disease that affected them, would that positively or negatively affect their evolution?

I think that's how ascended or near-ascended races view it. Earth of course is very Earth-centric. If a threat comes along and eradicated Earth in SG-1, humanity would continue to exist as a species. Even if Anubis had used the Dakara Superweapon to end all life in the MW, humans would continue to exist in Pegasus and who knows where else. Naturally Earth doesn't want to be wiped out, but I think setting terms where we say the Ancients are bad or the Nox are bad because they didn't make every battle easier for the SGC is, as Oma Desala and other ancients said, looking at much too small of a picture.

Comment

i hate the nox theyre so deplorably generic. granted though they were made in 1997 and theres been plenty of time for the peace-loving mary sue race stereotype to be abused since
                      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

there really should have been more episodes with the Nox. I'd like to know more about them.

Comment

The Nox are lame this is true...
                          Hurt & Heal EXTREME come cast your vote PLEASEIts in fun & games go find it!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

i actually miss the nox, i thought they were delightful

Comment

Originally posted by Óðinn1 View Post
                              there really should have been more episodes with the Nox. I'd like to know more about them.
                              Yeah it's a shame that they didn't get more screen time. I guess the writers couldn't or wouldn't think of interesting ways to to a technologically advanced pacifist race. I mean the Asgard got a lot of time in SG-1 because they were more like us, they don't want to fight but will if they have to, and they protected us from the Goa'uld and eventually gave us advanced tech, so it was easy to keep them involved, but I think they still could have thought of interesting ways to keep the Nox involved.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by sgtgary View Post
                                I don't hate the Nox, but I don't particularly like them much... It's not the pacifist side of them but rather their seeming-isolationist lives. They don't seem to care much about the Goa'uld stomping around their solar system. I'd bet if the galaxy was getting demolished around them, they would turn invisible and hide in their safe little world. Honestly, they were/are one of the four great races, but evidently only interested in the safety of their world.

However, they are fairly interesting & I'd be interested in seeing more about their lifes and culture.
                                The Nox are not passive. They don't need to defend themselves in a more traditional way (shooting back). Just like when the Ori came to earth in that alternate reality when Sam took earth out of phase. You can't shoot what you can't see, nor can you hit whats not there. Thats the power of being out of phase.

And as far as them not caring about the rest of the galaxy. What gives them the right to go get involved? Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should or that you have the right. Someone once said "every time we open the star gate we are sticking our collective noses where they don't belong."

Comment

Working...
                                X