X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would have liked a Nox Episode instead of Bounty or Bad Guys

Comment

Originally posted by Discotrash View Post
      Yes, and I'm glad that TPTB have done so little with the Nox. I think, for example, that we've seen a little bit too much of the non-Ascended Ancients on Atlantis. Part of what makes the Nox so fascinating to me is that they've chosen to keep so much from us.

As for their recent interactions with other races, we have no idea with whom the Nox have had dealings—other than the Tollan. It's been shown that their healing abilities are limited: they had to rush to revive Nafrayu, so ostensibly they can only bring a person back to life shortly after death. I don't know see how this ability would have been of any use to the Asgard during their conflict with the Replicators.

For the reasons I pointed out in my last post, I don't think one could argue that the Nox are only out to help themselves. I gave several examples of actions they've taken to aid other races. Again, I fail to see how they can be faulted for not assisting anyone militarily; even putting their non-aggressive beliefs aside, we don't know if this sort of help is within their means. The Nox clearly abhor weapons and violence. When considering the actions of the Nox, we must take into account a way of thinking that is very much at odds with that of the SGC—and likely even the Asgard. The Nox have shown themselves to be a benevolent race, one that I feel SG-1 is fortunate to have encountered.
      I guess we just dont see eye to eye.. I mean its a show so we are only able to assume things if they arent shown to us.. and for me it leaves open a lot of possibilities and I am just inclined to believe they have done very little to help the alliance they formed.. but thats just the way I see it..

I respect how you feel but I have to disagree
      sigpic
      I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
      "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
      Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

Originally posted by airrick View Post
        I respect how you feel but I have to disagree
        I've just always been really taken with the Nox. We'll have to agree to differ.
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe some went to Pegasus as well. We knew the Asgard went there and maybe the Nox also went to Pegasus, along with the furlings.
          Beyond all odds, life will find a way

-Jurassic Park

Comment

what possibilty for a good show do the nox present
            i love the race but prob not best for raitings
            sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney dex View Post
              Why not?

That was one of my favorite episodes. In fact, all episodes with more advanced races on SG-1 were really well done and proved quite popular.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney dex View Post

Nox hiding from the Ori Episode would have been interesting and maybe thrown into defending themselves

Comment

I'd love just once to know what kind of technology they have and it would be good IMO to see some new Nox people as well as the old familiar ones.
                  To perhaps see them forced into defending themselves or one or a small group of them that cross the line and decide to fight for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                    I'd love just once to know what kind of technology they have and it would be good IMO to see some new Nox people as well as the old familiar ones.
                    To perhaps see them forced into defending themselves or one or a small group of them that cross the line and decide to fight for some reason.
                    Ye thats what I was thinking and the Ori Arc would have been perfect as the Goa'uld where beneith the Nox, However the Ori are that powerful that they may have made the Nox think hang on this could be our survival on the line here and defend themselves, hopefully using advanced technology of which we have seen in the shape of that floating city

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                      Ye thats what I was thinking and the Ori Arc would have been perfect as the Goa'uld where beneith the Nox, However the Ori are that powerful that they may have made the Nox think hang on this could be our survival on the line here and defend themselves, hopefully using advanced technology of which we have seen in the shape of that floating city
                      The Ori Arc could have been a good time yeah, in that case they'd have to have some different type of cloaking technology than the phase shifting kind.
                      If their cloaking technology was all done through their mind powers then perhaps the Priors could have seen through it.

Lately I've been thinking that perhaps the Nox's abilities like having the floating city and cloaking are all done through their minds, after all we know that a highly evolved/enlightened individual can move things with their mind and if you were to get enough of them together then a group of the Nox could move big and heavy objects.
                      Daniel even struck Adria and used some kind of mind energy to defend himself from her, so perhaps if the Nox have shields on their floating city(s) it would be most of them that creates the field with their minds.
                      Perhaps their cloak at least is a kind of mental defense that they've always had and over the years they've learned and developed to control it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Forthestars View Post
                        Maybe some went to Pegasus as well. We knew the Asgard went there and maybe the Nox also went to Pegasus, along with the furlings.
                        why not, we already have th asgard and the ancients (well not anymore), and then there's us, 4/5 of the great races isn't bad for the pegasus galaxy

KEEP IT CLEAN
                        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                          The Ori Arc could have been a good time yeah, in that case they'd have to have some different type of cloaking technology than the phase shifting kind.
                          If their cloaking technology was all done through their mind powers then perhaps the Priors could have seen through it.

Lately I've been thinking that perhaps the Nox's abilities like having the floating city and cloaking are all done through their minds, after all we know that a highly evolved/enlightened individual can move things with their mind and if you were to get enough of them together then a group of the Nox could move big and heavy objects.
                          Daniel even struck Adria and used some kind of mind energy to defend himself from her, so perhaps if the Nox have shields on their floating city(s) it would be most of them that creates the field with their minds.
                          Perhaps their cloak at least is a kind of mental defense that they've always had and over the years they've learned and developed to control it better.
                          I think nearly everything the nox do is as you say done through their minds, they seem capable most capable of it

Comment

OK, so the Ancients influenced the early Roams. And the Asgard built the Nose mitholoy, and the Goa'uld were at least partialy responsibe for Egyptian and early Japanese/Chineese mithology.

What did the Nox or the Furlings inspire?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              OK, so the Ancients influenced the early Roams. And the Asgard built the Nose mitholoy, and the Goa'uld were at least partialy responsibe for Egyptian and early Japanese/Chineese mithology.

What did the Nox or the Furlings inspire?
                              Naturalists/Gaia worshipers?
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                Naturalists/Gaia worshipers?
                                ..... not bad..... maybe Native American?

Comment

Working...
                                X