This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
    Naquedah for their ships and hyperdrives and technologies and whatever else the Nox use Naquedah for. There probably hasn't been a starship built that doesn't use Naquedah. The 303 and 304 both use Naquedah, so does the O'Neill class ships the Asgard use(d). And the goa'uld and Ancients both needed Naquedah. Everyone needs Naquedah. Its like the oil of the future, and the Nox need that oil for their buildings.
    Wraith ships don't use Naquedah. And the Nox do seem to be very biological in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
      Spoiler:
      future SGA episode there's an asgard....and Daniel
      Sweet!

Comment

With respect this is not a theory, it is just an idea. Even a theory which is not a fact needs some definites, and there are none in your idea.

Comment

Naquedah for their ships and hyperdrives and technologies and whatever else the Nox use Naquedah for. There probably hasn't been a starship built that doesn't use Naquedah. The 303 and 304 both use Naquedah, so does the O'Neill class ships the Asgard use(d). And the goa'uld and Ancients both needed Naquedah. Everyone needs Naquedah. Its like the oil of the future, and the Nox need that oil for their buildings.
          The Goa'uld use as a powersource (and look at how powerful their ships are as a result /sarcasim) and some who have developed in the shadow of the Goa'uld have copied it. As a result it seems like it's very important because the show focuses so much on the Goa'uld. But outside of their influence we have only seen it used by the Ancients in constructing the Stargates and the Asgard when they used it to develop a new alloy for the hull of their ships after getting along without it for some time (as far as we know, of course).

But, since the Asgard and Ancients were both advanced enough to not need it as a power source, it stands to reason that the Nox would be too. Which means it would likely only be useful to them if they used it as a metal and we have no way of knowing if they did use it for that or not. If, on the off chance that is the case, and it is as important to them as you seem to think, then they could've easily created an offworld mine without needing to relocate their entire population (they seemed to be fine with the Goa'uld knowing about them and we know they were still there when we were first introduced to the Tollan). And if for some reason they really needed to be on a planet rich with naquadah, the planet we originally found them on should've had plenty. However, if you remember, the Goa'uld had been going there for some time and they have ways of easily detecting naquadah. So unless the Nox can hide massive underground veins of naquadah and know to do that before the Goa'uld first scanned the planet, then the Goa'uld should've set up a mine there. Plus, the Nox don't seem like expansionists. They are a peaceful people who just go around enjoying life and I get the impression that they are content with the amount of technology they already have rather than feeling the need that they need to constantly be mining so they can produce more ships (and if they were, one would think they'd be located on multiple planets).
          Last edited by Xaeden; 15 August 2008, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
            What do you think of the head sucker theory? Is that ancient enough for you, or do you prefer an original?
            To me, the only ancients are those 100% directly descended from the original Alterans. No human can reach them in my opinion. It is just impossible if you go by the evolution theory.
            sigpic
            Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
            RIP Nuada

Comment

My theory is that there's million of nox planets everywhere throughout the universe.

that theory right there has as much evidence as the one stating they got wiped out.

it's easy to assume things but hard to provide evidence

Comment

You're just making stuff up now. Yes, Naquadah is very important, but there's nothing to suggest the Nox use it. Come to think of it do the Wraith even use Naquadah?
                They're millions of planets the Nox could have go to should they choose to leave, the chances of them going to the planet they blew up is very unlikely.
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

That on the clips episode where Kinsey is trying to shut down the stargate program and they show that scene again in a flashback, the nox city looks completly different, more advanced and even a little larger than originally depicted? Anyone else notice this?
                  SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

It's been mentioned before, but no I haven't. Got screencaps?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well I just found this, this is what it looked like not in the original nox episode but in the flashback episode:
                      http://www.sg1archive.com/wallpaper/...x_1024_768.jpg

Ill see if I can find a pic of the original
                      SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

spoiler tags dude....
                        and they changed it a bit, yes. it's been mentioned before
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                          spoiler tags dude....
                          and they changed it a bit, yes

Spoiler tags??? This stuff is from the first season, you cannot be serious?
                          SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            Spoiler tags??? This stuff is from the first season, you cannot be serious?
                            i said spoiler tags because the image was stretching the screen
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                              i said spoiler tags because the image was stretching the screen
                              OIC lol
                              SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Nox City from "The Nox"

None of the Stargate caps sites have clips from past episodes in the clip show caps (politics and out of mind, on stargatecaps and the GW image gallery), but I highly doubt they changed it. It probably looks different on the wallpaper because it's a wallpaper and the creator photoshopped it to make it look cooler
                                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Working...
                                X