X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    I'm pretty sure those aren't canon.
    Thats what i said... that the RPG are technically not canon and the only canon information available is whats seen on the show which establishes the fact that they were a member of the Ancient alliance, can cloak, are pacifists and thats about it. No information on their society, homeworld or technology.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I vote for Noxologny, the nox wuld be noxolognians!

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
        Thats what i said... that the RPG are technically not canon and the only canon information available is whats seen on the show which establishes the fact that they were a member of the Ancient alliance, can cloak, are pacifists and thats about it. No information on their society, homeworld or technology.
        Ah right, I thought you meant the only canon we've got is from the books...

Comment

Ah right, I thought you meant the only canon we've got is from the books...
          Nah, it does provide additional information on the Nox which is somewhat interesting but its not canon. I'm afraid that the Nox are more or less forgotten by TPTB and I doubt we will ever see them again in the show. Might see them Stargate Worlds though.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Hell we don't even know if the planet the Nox (we ones we have seen) palnet is their original one. I highly doubt it is, as an advamced race would have to go through what we did damge the planet, have industrlisation, decades of building and redevelopment, relics of older cultures and most likly have a global warming phase natural or man/alien made. And I saw non of them impact on the Nox Planet in 'the Nox' unless they did a much better job than we are doing cleaning up after themselves.
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me
            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Maybe the Nox will show up in the third SG-1 movie?! Or make an appearance on Atlantis?
              sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

I always like the nox. It's always been one of my favorites.
                sigpic

Comment

I think the Taur'i may have inadvertently destroyed the Nox civilization. It happened during SG-1 Season 4 during the episode 'Chain Reaction' where General Bauer took command and sent a bomb through the gate that destroyed an uninhabited planet.

But my theory is, The Nox moved to that planet after their previous position was compromised. And due to their technology, they were never seen there. When the Naquedah-enhanced bomb was sent through the gate, the Nox were unaware and through a simple mistake, their civilization was wiped out by the destruction of that planet.

This also explains why the Nox didn't help the Tollan when they were overrun by the Goa'uld. It was because they were all gone. If this theory holds, then all of the 4 great races are extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
                    I think the Taur'i may have inadvertently destroyed the Nox civilization. It happened during SG-1 Season 4 during the episode 'Chain Reaction' where General Bauer took command and sent a bomb through the gate that destroyed an uninhabited planet.

But my theory is, The Nox moved to that planet after their previous position was compromised. And due to their technology, they were never seen there. When the Naquedah-enhanced bomb was sent through the gate, the Nox were unaware and through a simple mistake, their civilization was wiped out by the destruction of that planet.

This also explains why the Nox didn't help the Tollan when they were overrun by the Goa'uld. It was because they were all gone. If this theory holds, then all of the 4 great races are extinct.
                    Do you have any otherevidence to support this other then they just...'weren't there'?

Comment

The Invisible Pink Unicorn was actually on that planet.

Also, I'm sure the Nox could have removed then bomb when it came through the gate. Giant Floaty Cities must have some sensory devices.

Comment

If this theory holds, then all of the 4 great races are extinct.
                        soooo.... furling are dead? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

if you didnt get it.. i'm trying to hint that we do not know the fate of the furling and they might be alive and doing fin... just kinda Asocial

Comment

Hmmmmmmm interesting theory since no one really knows what happened to them.

The Nox are a peaceful people and have always found the means to survive.
                          The Nox were also aware of and in contact with the Ancients so its not unreasonble to assume that the Nox recieved technology from the Ancients, tech similar to that of what makes up Atlantis maybe? The Nox had a shield around their floating city right? I'm assuming they did for protection from bad weather or even for tavelling through space.

However the Nox is one of the many unsolved mysteries from Stargate and we'll probably never know what happened. (Unless they make an appearance in Universe)
                          They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Any evidence?

This also explains why the Nox didn't help the Tollan when they were overrun by the Goa'uld. It was because they were all gone.
                            The Nox never helped the Tollan because they were pacifists.

If this theory holds, then all of the 4 great races are extinct.
                            We don't know what happened to the Furlings, the Ancients technically aren't extinct,
                            Spoiler:
                            and it looks as though the Asgard might not be either.

Comment

Ah, this theory is, ah, not on solid ground. The nox not being seen does beg the question what's been going on with them, but then again, they're very anti-social anyway so they're being quiet and keeping to themselves fits in with their profile.

The idea that they moved to another planet and we happened to bomb it is ludicrous. Even if that were true their city would have survived the blast.

Also note, the nox may have more than one planet and one floating city. They might originally be from another galaxy and have a large population out there somewhere.

Same goes for the Furlings. One little archway doesn't say much about them. I'd bet just about anything that they are extra-galactic and still out there.
                              Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Any evidence?

We don't know what happened to the Furlings, the Ancients technically aren't extinct,[/SPOILERS]
                                Hmmmm where are you comin accross your intelligence partner?

We saw the planet blow, they said they were screwed and had no fix for their problem and that they saw it coming for a long time.

and your right the Ancients are not really extinct in terms of technology, however they may not be extinct after all. In "The Return" we saw real Ancients make a short lived comeback. Who is to say there might not be more doing the same? Trying to reach Atlantis somehow and using the stasis chambers to stay alive for as long as possible.
                                They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

Working...
                                X