No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least one last movie to look forward to I hear. Bye Davies, taken too soon.

Comment

I am not one who cries that easily, not really... But I did shed a tear for Don. I have met him several times, and he was, and always will be, a Glorious man..!

It's a million, billion times worse for his loved ones, and I feel horrendous about that... I will never claim to have known the man, or known what it is to be one of his loved ones, but they can all claim this, and their right to grieve is ten thousand times stronger than any of us, so it must be a hideous pain, because we who barely knew him, miss the dear, sweet man enough... To his family he was a thousand times more precious and sweet, and I will be saying some prayers for Don and his family... If you believe in such things, then, I think, maybe, if you like the idea and you feel you can, we should all maybe blow a kiss toward the skies of Heaven at some point today!

Bethany xxxx

Comment

Btw, I see at Wikipedia there is no picture of Don, because they are arguing about the legality of using the pictures (ie them being copyright etc) - perhaps some of you who met him at a convention and took your own picture have a good one you can give wikipedia permission to use? Would be a bit sad if there was no picture of him at all there.

Comment

I'm am very saddened to hear this, he was a very great man. I was lucky enough to meet him at 3 different conventions and he was very nice and always remembered me at all of them.

Vala,

Comment

R.I.P. don. i'am still in shock. don was such a great man at the chicago con. always smiling. he even gave me a bear hug in the photo op in 06. he will truly be missed. my thoughts and prayers are with his family and wife ruby. be safe all, james from chicago.

Comment

R.I.P in peace Don, I couldn't believe it when I first read it.
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I'm very saddened to hear this. He was a wondeful person!!
                He will never be forgotten

Comment

This is really sad news. Hammond was always a character I had affection for and I was hoping to meet him at a convention one day. It's such a shame.

Comment

RIP Mr Davis.
                    He brought such a wonderful character as General Hammond to life and bringing so much warmth to that character that we all loved him.
                    It is a sad day indeed, with such truely shocking news.
                    My thoughts go out to all his friends and family.

Sig made by Starlover1990- her sigs are amazing!

Comment

RIP Don, you gave so much to Stargate, you will be missed

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I read on the article which announce this so sad new that he was a father for the characters and I agree he was the father of the show always nice and warm and welcoming. He did an awesome job and I will really miss him.

I'm really saddened by this new. My condolences go to his friends and family.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

We're all going to miss him. The tribute video on the front page was well done.
                          sigpic

Comment

He was a wonderful actor whom more people knew than realized. This is a great loss for the acting community, losing both a talented actor and a wonderful man.

Condolences to his family and his many friends. The world won't be the same without you, Mr. Davis.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Honestly, I hope they are able to dedicated Continuum to him. I wonder if there is anyone that can be asked about the possibility of that.

It's very sad indeed that our beloved General Hammond has passed. Don was a delight to watch on screen and I think that it will be a shame to know that we'll never have the pleasure of having him return. He was one the most enjoyable people on the show and he will be missed.

sigpic

Comment

God speed

You will be missed hammond of texas, any sg1 movies can never be quite as good from now on.
                                Perhaps Puff

Comment

Working...
                                X