The other Gateworld Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    Why? because what happens is after the fleet gets off the ground, the newest version of the original fleet starts and everyone gets sidetracked by that. And the spin off is kinda disarded or forgotten, it happened to the other one.
    But what if there are dedicated people who can continue it, even though it might be forgotten? Some of my friends managed to continue an RP thread alone in another forum, till it was revived. And I think the people who worked hard for this wouldn't leave it alone.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
    Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
    The Chevron Team
    Spoiler:
    Never make everything Organic!
    Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
    :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
    :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
    :The drones are heading towards us.
    :Those drones look familiar...
    : SQUID?!?
    We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
      Why? because what happens is after the fleet gets off the ground, the newest version of the original fleet starts and everyone gets sidetracked by that. And the spin off is kinda disarded or forgotten, it happened to the other one.
      Well that other thread you talk about bob didn't survie because it started out hostile against the orginal thread and lost support fast

This thread has no hostilbe motives and I was hoping that you would be part of it and submit your ship designs which I always found to be great so please don't get hostile towards the thread and instead join and have some fun
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Back on topic

The reason that I chose the Rouge Tau'ri is because they are angry at the IOA for not sharing tech and then when they did give them the crappy versions of it also these are the super radicals and fanatics who left Earth for their own world thats why they want to attack it and take control of it
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

And so, can we get the characters, ships and all voting started? I'm excited about this, anyways.

The Chevron Team
          Spoiler:
          :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
            Back on topic

The reason that I chose the Rouge Tau'ri is because they are angry at the IOA for not sharing tech and then when they did give them the crappy versions of it also these are the super radicals and fanatics who left Earth for their own world thats why they want to attack it and take control of it
            okey i will try to work on that hopfully i can make some good plot

Comment

Well characters can be made as we go along I was just thinking for leaders of the factions pretty much

But lets get the plot finalized and then ships can be made
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RM_2000_A View Post
                But what if there are dedicated people who can continue it, even though it might be forgotten? Some of my friends managed to continue an RP thread alone in another forum, till it was revived. And I think the people who worked hard for this wouldn't leave it alone.
                Just want to say that this thread hasnt been hostile and i hope it survives but Bo is correct, the massive weight of the origionals, it will have an impact, it usually takes about 1000 posts for the fleets to really get going, 50 posts in comparison to over 17,000, thats a heck of alot. I do wish this thread well but its got along way to go, but you do have three threads worth of trial and error and experience to draw from in setting this one up and im confident fugiman has the ability to sustain this one.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

what shall we call thos rouge tau´ri we need to have another name than rouge tau´ri?

i have one name THE Real Tau´ri , and from the name you can find the motive for attecing earth they dont think tha leaders of earth deserve to control it

(i have startet on the plot)
                  Last edited by ha'tak_; 15 April 2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

How about we call them the Terra Confederacy, True Earth Union, or the United Terran Front?

I think any of those should work
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

United Terran Front sounds fine. I vote for it.

The Chevron Team
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                        Just want to say that this thread hasnt been hostile and i hope it survives but Bo is correct, the massive weight of the origionals, it will have an impact, it usually takes about 1000 posts for the fleets to really get going, 50 posts in comparison to over 17,000, thats a heck of alot. I do wish this thread well but its got along way to go, but you do have three threads worth of trial and error and experience to draw from in setting this one up and im confident fugiman has the ability to sustain this one.
                        The main thing is that whatever is made up is true to Stargate. Which means nothing fanwank.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
                          The main thing is that whatever is made up is true to Stargate. Which means nothing fanwank.
                          Which is why I got rid of the Asgard Beam weapons and the Ark of Truth

So I guess United Terran Front is the name of the rogue tau'ri
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic

Comment

My new submission for the plot

Spoiler:
                            After the entire fiasco on Earth happened, the Tauri who seperated from the others joined together and called themselves the United Terran Front. The Front, obviously angry at the treachery that the IOA members did to them, started mobilizing for revenge. They started trade with neighboring planets and factions, and built up a cobbled-together fleet, using the schematics the IOA gave them after separating from them. They started to mobilize other smaller groups, by attacking them and saying that Earth did it and they should support them. They gained a few supporters, but overall, it still isn't enough. When they were about to try another method, a group of people appeared. They claimed the Earth was evil and decided to join the fight against them.

I'd send what would happen next to Fugi, since it is going to spoil everything if I say it here.

The Chevron Team
                            Spoiler:

Comment

i have a part of my plot it is NOT finished
                              Spoiler:
                              Efter being left a side from the IOA, The United Terran Front as they call them self a group of former scientist from SGC and former NID feild agents, left earth in two cloked cargo ships. The did not like the way that earth was handeling the Stargate program and they were certaint that the leaders of earth was leating earth in serious danger how the where controling the SGC and Atlantis. The United Terran Front where certaint that they chould do a better job but one problem stood in the way thay where to few to take down earth defensis and take controle of earth. So the decided to steal two cargo ships that SGC had and lave earth to build op force to take down earth defens and take controle of earth, beign out in space for almost a one month the found a planet to set op bace whit little recurses the needed an alley, they tought the needed an allay how was also enemy of earth so the startet to seek out some miner goa´ulds that still had power and army. Efter looking for a goa´uld how still had some power was hard efter the attecks from the replacators and the ori but finaly they found one not a powerful goa´uld named Heles. He had 4 Ha´taks and couble of alkhase and about 2000 jaffa. He was a goa´uld that went indo hiding when the replacators atteck the MW and the ori thread but now the United Terran Front have startet to talk to Heles they promesd him 30% of earth pepole to work as slave that was a deal that he took but now back worse it was the tau´ri that was the teader and did not honer the deal.Heles gave tham one Ha´tak that the just for copple of months to recrude worrier and try to build op a army and Heles gave them Zat guns and Staff weapons. Then the got the golden pot when they found a solar system where a goa´uld ones had his empire when the real landed on the planet they found a ha´tak on the ground but that was not all in the piramid the found a armory full of weapons and a secret scienc lab where the goa´uld was teasting new shields. The United Terran Front desitet to make that planet called Njardvik ther home base they moved all of ther stoff ther. Now the leader of the United Terran Front send most of his scientist to take the new shield generetors and plant them on the ha´taks now the ha´taks had new and mouch better shield they deside that they did not need Heles any more whit the two ha´taks they destroyd one of Heles ha´taks and Heles him self was on that ha´tak. Heles jaffa did not wont to serve the UTF so the went and joind the free jaffa but no metter now the UTF had 4 ha´taks and many weapons to arme ther force.

what do you think should i continu or should i stop (this is my fist plot)
                              Spoiler:
                              in the futere the UTF can have a diffrent type of ship, i let the ha´taks have better shields so the chould have a match ageinst our fleet (to come)

and if you have any question fil free to ask

and sorry about the spelling i am not good in spelling

Comment

The Gouald are supposed to have names based on ancient mythology. I searched for it, but it didn't show up. Try switching it with prolly a Mayan deity, since they were almost ignored.

The Chevron Team
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X