No announcement yet.

Alternate Universe Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The replicator enhanced onces would not be any greater then they were before the repliecators took them over. The replicators only pump in more power they dont actualy upgrade the ship.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

any upgrades done are made via repliblocks. Dakara annihilated all those changes.

"we" do not need to get ubertech. "we" can fight using our own knowledge and skills. asgard are certainly helpful. seeing their advanced energy weapons, their anti-ori weapons most likely will ensure that it's just effective against the ori.

the thing i dislike about APBW's SG-wise, is that they are effective against everything. really, those guns should shoot straight THROUGH ships, not blow up large sections.

even if we gave the asgard APBW's, even then they SHOULD only be useful against shields, particularly ori shields.

i also think that our ships do not need any asgard upgrades except for powersources. 2 fully powered 304's can take massive damage.

next up: smart tactics.

missiles: have the asgard help us with those shield frequency modulators. our missiles will be like drones. just blow right through those shields. now, this can be electronic and counter electronic warfare. it will not change in 10 days or so. but i would like there to be actual effort for such a design. i just could not stand the wraith using jamming and us NEVER countering it. not that it should be countered and counter countered time after time. but i would like to actually see a story were the technology becomes functional, we blow say, 3 ori ships to hell. then the ori counter the technology, and we are back to square one.

a few years later, we manage to counter their counters, say, because of infiltration or extracting data or so. so, we again use that little trick, manage to get some kills.

also, just plain uploading a virus or blowing up the shield generator should allow us to get "easy kills" with beam nuking those ships.

ring nuking should be considered too. it didnt work in Flesh and Blood, but what about ringing a prior device along with it? besides, the Mark IX was designed so messing with it would cause blow up.

and what about using Mark IX's in our missile warheads, then detonating them ON the shields, instead of letting those missile simply impact the shields.

these tactics aside, really, i do not see how mere ha'tak can do ANYTHING. i think the Resistance should definately help the jaffa, and actually use goauld tech properly. the Tok'ra, with their counter-tech operations, should be a great help in this. and what about a re'ol or re'tu or two?

Comment

We dont have APBW's dont want to have them in this fleet they make us to uber. Just plain cannons should do.

Comment

I like the idea about splitting the tau´ri.

I like Killman idea about upgrading our missile so they will be effective against ori shields our railguns are powerful enough to go trough there armor ( I think)

but what are our ships calss going to be?

Tau´ri: F-304

Jaffa: Ha´taks, Alkash, Tel´tak

Tok´ra: Ha´taks

Asgard: O´neill Class warship

Ori: Mothership and maybe one new class ( acts like a support ship, cruiser or a destroyer)

I was thinking we have a lot of Tel´tak ( cargo ships) and Alkash, they both have cloaking device on them, they could be fitted whit the new missiles ( if we will have them) and used in gorilla tactic warfare against the Ori

Comment

I'm will Killman.

We don't actually need any new tech to pull off a good fight.

The Writers have grossly underestimated the uses of the tech they put into the sow, and we can explain that away by saying the Goa'uld suffered form a lack of innovation becuase they suppressed scientific advancement. But once you have the whole galaxy clawing it's way into a informed position, we'll start seeing new uses for tech.

Naqudah missiles being the main thing. Take a tin can sized standard warhead/guided mine with minimum thrusters and impact fuse, then use these in everything from anti-ship mass drivers, missile buses, even put them on fighters (cloaked tel'taks to deliver these would be an especially nasty surprise).

The beauty being that a single cloaked tel'ak armed with three or fout of these buses can deliver gigatons of energy in a split second, at a rate that Ori point defense isn't built to handle.

Granted, the will adapt easily, but it would take time for their ships to be refited in the Milky Way, out of the Ori's help.

After that, it becomes an issue of increasingly small warheads with increasingly sophisticated EW.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
              I like the idea about splitting the tau´ri.

I like Killman idea about upgrading our missile so they will be effective against ori shields our railguns are powerful enough to go trough there armor ( I think)

but what are our ships calss going to be?

Tau´ri: F-304

Jaffa: Ha´taks, Alkash, Tel´tak

Tok´ra: Ha´taks

Asgard: O´neill Class warship

Ori: Mothership and maybe one new class ( acts like a support ship, cruiser or a destroyer)

I was thinking we have a lot of Tel´tak ( cargo ships) and Alkash, they both have cloaking device on them, they could be fitted whit the new missiles ( if we will have them) and used in gorilla tactic warfare against the Ori
              Thank you someone finally agrees with me on splitting up the Tauri. You know tom talking about that teltak reminds me about a game called starfleet command. There were these shuttles called missile shuttles which were loaded with six missiles and what you would do is launch it and when it got close to its target it would release all missiles right at the ship. It was enough to knock down shields and do some quick damage. Also I agree we should start examining hataks. So anyways dboy are you ok with splitting the tauri down the road? By the way I dont not like missiles that bypass shields. I will only be on board with it if it had a lets say 10% chance of doing that.
              sigpic

Comment

well will the missile not be effective against the ori shields?

one think about the ha´taks we don´t really have to upgrade there weapons, the one think the need to improve is there shields, a ship that will go down after one hit is not a very effective ship not to mention that our ship production will be VERY little in the beginning

one other thing should we have the resistance spread all over the galaxy whit many bases or just one main base and maybe few very small outposts her and there?

Comment

I think that there should be a main base. Just do what there were going to do with the tokra. Relocate a stargate to a planet that can support life. Then have smaller underground bases throughout the galaxy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Right I'll clear another few things up. The Resistance after the next few stories I post will be the milky way alliance btw.

This missile thing could work but only for a while, the ori can adapt pretty well. And for anyone who is unsure we arent going to destroy the ori by force were going to use the ark.

The Milky Way Alliance and The Pegasus Coalition will be 2 completely different things yes they are both part of each other and they will work together as they are pretty much the same thing but they will be seperated by limited contact for a while.

Comment

Actually Dboy I would like to see the Milky Way Alliance and the Pegasus Coalition to have more contact in the beginning, remember atlantis has a ZPM so they should be able to dial the Milky Way not to mention they could send over raw materials, but start to split apart and become seperate. Each developing their own culture and tech based off the galaxy they live in. Example Pegasus would be more Tauri/Ancient while Milky Way would be more Tauri/Asgard/Goauld.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know but I still want to see them work together in the future. But at present we have absolutely no reason why they should split and I think at first should be the best time for limited contact.

Comment

Im not saying the wont not work together. Right now they would but later down the road some one is going to start feeling ripped off and go there seperate ways. As long as we split them down the road I am fine with it but they can still make good allies and maybe later at time enemies then allies again. It could just add to some good story telling.
                          sigpic

Comment

But what reasons would they have to become enemies. Remember the Tau'ri in Pegasus alot of the are friends and family of the Tau'ri from the milky way there not going to fight them and the have no reason to.

Comment

Im sorry I am getting way to far ahead. What I am talking about is if this ever reaches a 2.0 maybe but that is to far ahead. But I would like to see them split based on differences each side will have. Pegasus is going to have interests in pegasus and milky way in the milky way. Someones feelings will get hurt causing a split down the road. Anyways thats still further ahead. Something I think we should know is who is in the Milky Ways Alliance and Pegasus Coalition. Also who are the independent factions and enemies in both galaxies.
                              sigpic

Comment

The thing is though Pegasus are fighting to help us not because they want to be away from us. I dont wat them splitting up atall just aint gonna happen. What Pegasus is is simply Taur'i in the Pegasus Galaxy being told what to do from the milky way.

Comment

Working...
                                X